• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jimmy Porter Carrollton, TX?

Played with a guy out there that said they are putting another full 18 out there, is that true? And Greenbelt too?

I'm pretty sure they're doing at least another 9 at JP, don't think GB will get it due to a lot of complaints from the people north of frankford. JP for sure getting at least 9, maybe another 18 sometime next year. Supposed to be some fund raising tourneys sometime soon.

just got back from playing JP for the first time ever, i wanst playing when it was open a few years ago. I'm not going to give a review but will post a few thoughts in here. I think that when this course matures in a few years this might be at the top of the list. I had a blast and will back at least a few times a month. Looking forward to them getting the new tee pads, i'm not a big fan of the dirt. Was glad to see at least 7-8 groups in the course, but never had to wait more than a few minutes. So far on my courses played list, this is at the top. If you are in the area, this is a must play.

just got back from playing JP for the first time ever, i wanst playing when it was open a few years ago. I'm not going to give a review but will post a few thoughts in here. I think that when this course matures in a few years this might be at the top of the list. I had a blast and will back at least a few times a month. Looking forward to them getting the new tee pads, i'm not a big fan of the dirt. Was glad to see at least 7-8 groups in the course, but never had to wait more than a few minutes. So far on my courses played list, this is at the top. If you are in the area, this is a must play.

most definitely...theres still a little work that needs to be done, but its definitely worth goin out there and checkin it out

If this is one of the best courses you have played I would HIGHLY recommend you check out some of the other courses in the area. Take a 10 minute drive north and play Lake Park in Lewisville, or drive 20 minutes over to McKinney and check out Towne Lake. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

For me the course was Ok, certainly not great-which is not necessarily an indictment of the course designers...they got about as much as they could out of the piece of land it is on. IMO Jimmy Porter lacks the wow factor that so many of the area courses have.

I've played Towne Lake and i will admit that last 2 times i've played it was like playing in a mud pit and the chiggers and mosquitoes were out of control. Dont get me wrong i like TL but i just had a better time today playing JP, and alot of that could have been the group i was playing with. I play lake park at least once a month.

lewisville is my favorite course all time...so no course compares to it...it might not be the absolute best course ever, but my best discgolf memories happened at lake lewisville

Not saying courses like Towne Lake don't have their shortcomings...just saying they have quite a bit more to offer in terms of good golf holes than Jimmy Porter. If you are a fan of throw, putt, walk you will probably enjoy Porter, this just isn't all that enticing to me (unless the terrain is as picturesque as Lake Park).

what courses are you talking about when your talking about not being a pitch and putt?...the only courses ive played are all pitch and putt, besides gateway...what are some longer courses you would reccomend?

If you haven't played Harry Myers in Rockwall I would definitely recommend it! There is a good mix of legitimate par 3's 4's and 5's...even from the short tees. More than half the holes on this course are 2-drive holes from the long tees.

Towne Lake has between 4-8 2-drive holes depending on what tee/pin combination you are playing.

At Jimmy Porter every hole is reachable for a deuce- drive, putt, walk...not my favorite.

yea ive made it one of my goals to go to both of these courses before the summer is up i just havnt got around to it yet, but ive heard some great things about em

I cant agree with Chunks more. Porter is cool, played it multiple times since it opened, but does not have a wow factor. There are many more courses around that are alot more challenge then JP. Like I said I liked the course but to me it just compares to much to LL and I play other courses more often for the challenge. JP is still in the rotation just to break up playing the same course everyday. Still WAY above Greenbelt!! Kind of the same thing about BA, I dont mind that course either but if I am going to run at aces, I am going to AC where there is shade and a full 18!