• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

JohnE McCray Interview

That dude is legit, I really like his game. I watched his in the bag and it makes me want to throw some gateway LOL

Did you guys see him get all choked up and teary eyed at the end of the video when he was thanking his sponsors? He seems like a really genuine, laid back, nice guy.

He's definitely killing it this year on tour, playing with the big boys too, I think that is cool, that he is trying to compete with guys half his age, and he's just blowing things up....fun to watch.

He's fun to watch. Cool to see him balling out with an all gateway bag too...never seen anyone else throw only gateway.

Last edited:
He's fun to watch. Cool to see him balling out with an all gateway bag too...never seen anyone else throw only gateway.

Yeah, neither have I. He makes it work though. Loves that demon....haha

Yeah, neither have I. He makes it work though. Loves that demon....haha

I've thrown a bunch of gateway molds but I just never liked them. For me it was the plastic quality mostly. I've always thought that their molds were decent if they would just up their plastic quality. But...the plastic that he has in the in-the-bag video looks WAY better than anything I have seen...makes me want to find that decent plastic and give some of their molds another try O_O

Had a lesson with him a few days before Texas States. One of the coolest most down to earth guys I have met. Helped me big time with my game and got to play a full round with him!

Had a lesson with him a few days before Texas States. One of the coolest most down to earth guys I have met. Helped me big time with my game and got to play a full round with him!

That's awesome man. He really does seem like a super cool dude.

Lucky, what did he teach you? Did he emphasize anything in particular?

Latest posts