Cincinnati, OH

Johnson Hills Park

3.755(based on 6 reviews)

sisyphus

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer

Join the discussion about Johnson Hills Park

This new course has been getting a lot of attention and questions around the Cincinnati area and especially on the Cincy Disc Golfers Facebook page, so if you stop in from there (or anywhere, for that matter), welcome! Feel free to start using this course wall for comments, etc.

I wonder if they should pull the baskets here till spring. The slopes in the woods are very treacherous right now. Plus all the seed they laid down is just getting smashed 6in deep into the mud.

Found a disc at jhp the other day. Its a blue Disc Mania disc, found it in the woods between 9 and 8s basket. Get at me if you're lookin for this little blue bird!

Unable to write a review? Love this course it's really close to where I live, and well designed. Could use more signs on the basket for next tee direction but pretty straightforward

Do we have an update or any idea when the back 9 expansion might be done or at least approaching completion?

Responses to a few questions: first, patience... This course is decades in the making, as the designer had to persist against one NIMBY holdout for 14 years to break ground. The park wanted the course, and finally gave it a go, with a plan to install the front 9, see how the users supported it, then add the back 9. Pete asked to hold reviews until the full 18 was in (now slated for September, 2019, if all goes well: the park has a list of projects and priorities...). Back 9 is rumored to be better than the front!

Are the baskets pulled for the winter? Is that something that happens on this course? If that's the case, when will they be back in?
Thanks, great course.

DGCR website was bought by folks looking to monetize the forum side, so most of the 'titles' and 'recognition' now appear to be focused there. And course discussion tabs were moved to the forum. So there you go, for better or worse.

Next, the baskets at Johnson Hills have always stayed up through all seasons, since the install. It's my understanding that they are in a lot of the short positions right now (some I've never played yet).

DGCR website was bought by folks looking to monetize the forum side, so most of the 'titles' and 'recognition' now appear to be focused there. And course discussion tabs were moved to the forum. So there you go, for better or worse.

Next, the baskets at Johnson Hills have always stayed up through all seasons, since the install. It's my understanding that they are in a lot of the short positions right now (some I've never played yet).
Yep...that makes sense for the DGCR....

Titles mean nothing to me...I just enjoy the banter amongst Players...new and old... learn some new tricks, impart wisdom if needed...'member, I'm oooold school! LOL