• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Meresmaa - Backhanded blast

I 100% agree about the bad sportsmanship in not shaking hands, but the team spirit is something i would consider a great thing for golf. Perhaps this may be one of the next big leaps in golf: the team aspect. team Prodigy vs. team Innova (or Latitude, or Discraft, etc.), that i could definitely get into.

Like I said many many posts ago, I love the Team aspect as well. And hope it carries over into all the other teams. Its refreshing to be honest. The team celebration was one of my favorite things back in HS sports. I think it will help build fandom too.
I'd really like to see Lat64 build a team over here. The have the Borg now and I would like to see them add some more.
Discraft got raped by Prodigy so It may take a year or two for them to rebuild a quality team.
Innova already seems like a team, and I dont think it would take much for them to be a tight unit like Prodigy. But I guess that starts at the ownership level so it may be harder than it has to be.

Wonder if he'll switch to xxx's now to avoid innova's bull****.

People keep bringing up this team aspect thing. It's going to be interesting in a year when this supposed "team" just sees ricky, will and nikko winning NT's. Where was this team spirit when everyone was on Innova and discraft?

Just based on what's been reported about the compensation of pros in the past, I can see where guys on Prodigy have more of a team mentality given that they have a small ownership stake in the company. When Innova and Discraft are paying you peanuts, it's a little harder to get excited. However, this goes back to my original point. If you are a part owner, act like one. When you own part of the company, you need to comport yourself with MORE dignity and class then the other guy on your card who's got less to lose than you do because he's only sponsored by a company.

Wonder if he'll switch to xxx's now to avoid innova's bull****.

that disc pisses me off. It feels so dang sexy in the hand, like it should bomb! then I throw it and it hooks like crazy and I get a sad face.
I doubt Will cares. From what I understand Prodigy is still on the schedule to have their full line-up approved and available for their Pros by mid-summer. So in less than 6 moths it wont matter.

Alltho I am more interested in Prodigy's other plastics more so than their upcoming discs.

From what I understand Prodigy is still on the schedule to have their full line-up approved and available for their Pros by mid-summer. .

Much sooner, according to Chuck:

Prodigy players will have several more arrows approved for use in their quiver for the next big event.

The next big event is the Texas States Championships with every Prodigy member playing except Cale Leiviska.

It's in 12 days.

And in case anyone thinks ball golf is a bastion of staunch staidness, you haven't watched the Golf channel lately. At every swing of the club, some gin-and-tonic lush screams out "get in the hole!!" [At the Honda Classic some guy riffed on this by yelling "pepperoni pizza!"] The Waste Management tourney had caddy races on the 16th. Ricky Fowler looks like an ad for Mary Kay cosmetics. The current big debate is over "anchored" putters---against the belly, under the chin, tucked in the testicles, etc. V. J. Singh got busted for PEDs. It doesn't get any more out-in-front-with-the-first-world-problems than that.

^^^The WM Phoenix Open is a party, disguised as a golf tourney. Nobody who goes cares about golf.

Much sooner, according to Chuck:

still not their full line-up. I believe the discs being approved are some of the putters.
then comes the mids and then the fairway/control drivers.
Their putters coming out now are right in line with the schedule they laid out back in Jan. I'll be ordering some more D1s and D4s this week so I'll see if I can get the low down on the new ones.

It's like nobody has seen a walk off homer in may before.

Ugh. Don't get me started on game winning homer celebrations. And I HATE the term "walk off." "He got a walk off single..." Makes me wanna puke.

/rant.

pro baseball = :wall: till I pass out.

^^^ It's looking like 2013 might be a bad year for all the butt hurt Prodigy haters.
yeah lol
I dunno...one big Prodigy win so far, right? Another big one for Feldberg a week ago, and McBeth on a tear today. I think it's going to be pretty mixed up all year. Prodigy may always have someone in the mix, but that's a numbers game by default more than anything.

No different than Innova in the past. Sans the Doss years, DC wasnt super dominant in recent years. Even the womens team had trouble beating Val pretty often.

Pretty dumb IMO. Feldy wins in vegas, thread about how "LOL prodigy #2" or whatever. Double major prodigy win, thread is all about how theyre dbags for celebrating. Sounds like you guys just want drama. Including Ms "duchess" with her ridiculous facebook posts as of late. Stop perpetuating the drama, princess. Tons of respect for Paul though, sick comeback, sick last round and im glad youre staying out of the whole mess.

Feldy wins in vegas, thread about how "LOL prodigy #2" or whatever. Double major prodigy win, thread is all about how theyre dbags for celebrating.

Man, that Dave Feldberg was such a classless dickhead. Wins in Vegas and keeps screaming LAT 64! LAT 64! LAT 64! and "THE INDIAN NOT THE ARROW" over and over and over.

Man, that Dave Feldberg was such a classless dickhead. Wins in Vegas and keeps screaming LAT 64! LAT 64! LAT 64! and "THE INDIAN NOT THE ARROW" over and over and over.

please, dazzle me with tales of mr feldbergs superior class and tact

Just based on what's been reported about the compensation of pros in the past, I can see where guys on Prodigy have more of a team mentality given that they have a small ownership stake in the company. When Innova and Discraft are paying you peanuts, it's a little harder to get excited. However, this goes back to my original point. If you are a part owner, act like one. When you own part of the company, you need to comport yourself with MORE dignity and class then the other guy on your card who's got less to lose than you do because he's only sponsored by a company.

Home
****ing
Run
Sir

Home
****ing
Run
Sir

I'd rather see people having fun and expressing themselves, instead of a bunch of dressed up douche bags playing my sport.
isn't that why most of us started playing? cause it's alternative, cheap, and not about the country club mentality?

I'd rather see people having fun and expressing themselves, instead of a bunch of dressed up douche bags playing my sport.
isn't that why most of us started playing? cause it's alternative, cheap, and not about the country club mentality?
You can still have fun and express yourself while being courteous and respectful to your playing partners IMO.

Latest posts