• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Meresmaa - Backhanded blast

Ripper

Double Eagle Member
Paul McBeth shoots The best round ever in Disc Golf (17 under: 39). Will Schusterick forgets to total his score. Guys going to playoff...Congratulations to Will for the victory and thank you for trusting Innova Firebird on the first playoff hole. What a great show! http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/99307

Guess Will chose a Firebird for his game winning park. :)

Booooooooooooom.

What else was he throwing with out there. Anyone know what he hit is his fairway ace on 18 with?

Honestly it might now have been that backhanded but taken out of context but for the sake of internet conversation and drama why not! The fairway ace that he hit yesterday was with a D1 though! The guy could probably throw a brake drum perfect.

Guerrilla Marketing! :) Discraft put up the money up for Tourney but Innova got their name out there more than anyone, even Prodigy it seems this week!

Mcbeths round of 39 was rated 1126. What a McBeast! Too bad he did not get his 3x consecutive win at the memorial.

Maybe Prodigy can express their 'superior sportsmanship' by not forming a all male cheerleader pyramid before the scorecard gets sorted out

Better yet...by not forming one at all

I like how Koling jumped in there all excited....

Where did he finish?

Look, I think the whole Prodigy thing has been as ridiculous as the next guy, but if we're gonna get upset about a team celebrating a victory (preliminary or otherwise), then it's gonna be a long season.

I actually like their team aspect. I hope it carries over into the other teams. They are really there for each other. And the fact that even the owners are there for their guys really says something.

Well one of them is calling McBeth a whiner, and unclassy etc. I was one that didnt care but its starting to get cult like and kind of ridiculous. If they had a full line up and winning with them great but they have two discs and prolly used them 10% of the time if that. Hearing the prodigy yips and all the other stuff was little over the top.

Did they really try and make a human pyramid or you werent being literal.

I really wish Prodigy would have started with Putters instead of distance drivers. Everyone has a favorite or "money" putter that would be hard for a Prodigy disc to replace in a bag. But distance drivers are so interchangable these days.

Otherwise, I got nothing wrong with Prodigy and their team aspect.

I am all for team unity. I understand heat of the moment, youthful exuberance, pride of ownership and all that mess.
And I am all for them celebrating victory in whatever way they feel is appropriate. I just don't think it showed good sportsmanship.

I hope Prodigy is a big success. Smaller outfits success forces the big ones to stop "resting on their laurels" but it can be done with class and respect too