• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LA County Ban!!

bazillion

Double Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Some people ...

from this article ...

"The politicians of Los Angeles should be placed on a garbage barge and set adrift on the Kuroshio Current:

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County. [...]

The updated rules now prohibit "any person to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll" any object other than a beach ball or volleyball "upon or over any beach" between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Exceptions allow for ball-throwing in predesignated areas, when a person obtains a permit, or playing water polo "in or over the Pacific Ocean". [...]

Your kids could also end up costing you big bucks: the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand except where permission is granted for film and TV production services only."

As if taxes and why not aren't outrageous? Now they want to take one f the only stress relievers in our lives away? I wished I could make the government stop using government money for things that aren't related to the country, I bet they would think twice about messing with frisbee then.

Government is awesome! :rolleyes:

Help! We're being oppressed! The Man is trying to hold us down!

:mad:

I think it might be clever to make catch discs with a hot stamp on them that simply says, "Beach Ball" and see what happens...:)

Either that or go out there with a camera or two and "make a film".

(except that here in LA, filmmaking is a heavily regulated industry and the cost of permits would be prohibitive)

So, no smoking, no fires, no dogs, no footballs, no frisbees, pretty soon they are going to require that you stay at least 50 feet from the sand at all times. This is ridiculous.

...and yet another reason I have no desire to move to California, the regulation and tax capitol of the US...

I know exactly what they must be smokin' out there to think up this craziness. Whffft, let's see...how about...whffft, nobody is allowed to eat meat during daylight savings time!! Call's it like I see's it!!

So, no smoking, no fires, no dogs, no footballs, no frisbees, pretty soon they are going to require that you stay at least 50 feet from the sand at all times. This is ridiculous.

You forgot that you must stay in one spot criss cross apple sauce too. Can't leave your square at any time unless you must use the bathroom but then you only get two minutes to get back to your spot. :wall:

That's so cal btw...not central and nor cal. They still let you run wild with your shirt off and your hair flowing gracefully through the wind. ;)

I have a idea it stated that you couldn't throw a frisbee or football on any beach. well, the answer is to take your frisbee or football with you out into the water of the ocean. 1. since you are not technically on the beach and are actually in the ocean. you should be allowed to throw either of them to each other. 2. if you are using the football you could from the way its worded still play football on the beach. if you only do running plays and no passing then you are only handing the ball to someone else and not throwing it anywhere. just be careful not to spike the ball if you get a touchdown. then you might be fined for throwing the ball on the ground. unless you make the endzone the ocean.

Ok, our CA brothers, how did this happen? I just saw an story on how it is no illegal to throw a 'frisbee' on LA County beaches. $100 fine for 1st offense. Rules to be relaxed during off season. WTF?? How does this happen? Isn't throwing a 'frisbee' a classic American beach tradition? Now I really do believe CA is done, over and a non-American police State.

The Cartel was using Avery and Steve Rico to hyzer flip drug laden Destroyers onto the beach.