• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Last Round of 2011

New Year Eve's morning at Seneca

DWill, Fascinated Flyer, and I met a Seneca for a late-morning round of 27. DWill defended his home turf with a +7, beating my +8 and FF's +12. Hole-25 provided a late 2-stroke swing, DWill with the birdy, and a bogey for me.

My last round of 2011 wasn't so great, it was a sub-standard round up at the Georgetown School course, neer where my parents live. I shot a 1-, now I know that doesn't sound bad, but it's an easy course, and I missed every birdie opertunity except the one where I parked it under the basket. But I was a little rusty as I hadn't played in more than a week.

Played on 12/31 at Paul B. Johnson State Park...shot -2 but should have been about -6. Highlight was hitting a 55 ft putt to save par after throwing a bad shot OB

Next time I'm in Hattiesburg we'll have to throw a round...I think I was +2 from the shorts the only time I played there...

I was +2 @ Sunset DGC in gulf breeze from the long tees on 12/31/11.
+3 from the longs on 1/1/12...could've had my 2nd ace if one of my teeshots didn't rim out...

18 Holes at Giles Run...

a gorgeous day, hooked up with another player, and we had a nice round, both shooting around even for the round. Pretty windy, with the notorious thorns coming into play...but no lost discs, but found a couple, which went into the Mailbox at the end of the round.

Had a great day at Whispering Falls with fellow DGCR member Herbi420. My first round was pretty ugly but I bounced back after a nice lunch and a couple Fat Tires and shot well. My last time there I'd only been playing about 4 months and it was pretty frustrating. This time was a lot more enjoyable having a better skill set. I'm looking forward to playing here more often.

Played Flyboy and had an awesome time with BogeyNoMore, we stayed at the b&b the night before and it was a good time.

I hope they cleaned the sheets since we were there the night before. :D

It was my last real round of the year since I developed a blood blister on the release point of my finger (I have not played much since the summer and my callous has disappeared), so I played my last round during a pit stop off-handed.

My last round of 2011 was a solo round at Searight. Nothing special about the round except maybe the weather. Nicest weather in awhile. Wish my friends had been there to enjoy the day with me.

Played an awesome New Years Eve tournament here in Milwaukee. Was cold for the first round but the second round warmed up and it was nice and muddy and windy. First round was about 25-30 degrees, and was almost perfect conditions, except for slick tee pads. second rond might have gotten up to 40. It was a great tournament with about 60 people, and it was a blast.

My last round of 2011 was at a short but technical course in an alt shot mixed doubles format. 3 couples played for fun. The men were pro, advanced, and rec rated, and the women were new/unrated, rec, and int rated respectively. In the end, the result was a tie at 2 over, and fun was had by all :)

Played 54 holes in Nacogdoches (all 3 courses). On hole 53 hole, in the dark, flicked an Ape couldn't see it after 100 or so feet then all the sudden DING!!!!! Right off the Yellow ring, missed my first ace by mere inches. What a way that would have been to end 2011 off right!

Played 54 holes in Nacogdoches (all 3 courses). On hole 53 hole, in the dark, flicked an Ape couldn't see it after 100 or so feet then all the sudden DING!!!!! Right off the Yellow ring, missed my first ace by mere inches. What a way that would have been to end 2011 off right!

Sounds like a great night. :hfive:

On the 29th, I played my home course even par 63.
Three bogies, three birdies.
Comes in at about a 950-rated round, maybe higher.
I have played this course under par a few times, so this isn't my personal best or anything. Just very consistent throws, good putting and a few lucky breaks.
Thoroughly enjoyable for me to play with some good DG buddies and score well.

My last round was at Twin Parks Country Club in Dripping Springs, TX. I was disappointed that they did not have the Park Hill and Parkshire courses in, but their third "course", the Crown.

My last round was played at Indian Rock DGC in Huntington, WV.

It was my first time playing this challenging DGcourse. So my score could of been better if I had know the flight lines better or if the tee signs would of been more descriptive of the hole's layout better.

But I had a lot of fun playing this challenging, tighter than a turtleneck sweater, hilly West Virginia DGc (for those of you not in the know, WV hills aren't the same kind of hills that thar in Ohio), with basket positions in precarious positions.

Look forward to a return warmer month trip to this DGc in the future.

Went on a dg roadie to OKC with breaking the chains and played 4 courses. First was Ty Cunningham, lost by 1 stroke. Next was UCO, lost by 17 strokes. I need to note that the wind was at least 20 and gusting to the 30s at times! Next up was lake Arcadia. Lost by 1 stroke on the red course. Then on to the blue course. The wind backed off during the last round, thank god. Had a 2 stroke lead with 5 to go. Bogeyed 14 then birdied 15, back to a 2 stroke lead. Give up a stroke on 16. We both parred 17 then on to 18 with a one shot lead. My drive was not good, his was better. Recovered and made a great up shot, for me, leaving me with a 7 ft par putt. He parred out all I had to do was make the putt and win a head to head against the guy that got me into this addictive sport, and somehow I whiffed on the putt and hit the basket:doh:. We tied:thmbdown:. It still was a great way to end the year playing this great sport and being outside in the 70 degree weather with a good friend. I hope to have many more road trips this year as well:clap:

On the 28th, I played 36 at Blue Angel Park -- the Palmetto and Oaks courses. Ran out of time for the new Pines, unfortunately. Played most of the Palmetto from the longs, and didn't shoot well at all. Played the Oaks from the short tees with a group that let me join them and had a better round. Saw someone's first ace on #14 of the Palmetto course, right before I drained a LONG birdie putt (hit a tree on my drive trying to throw the same line as the ace).

Weather was PERFECT (70 degrees and sunny, no wind), and I love the new layouts that they've done. The new tee signs are excellent as well -- I look forward to the trip every year.

Decided that for the last round of the year, I wanted to do something special, and not having time to travel anywhere, I decided to play the home course, but on a safari Par 58 layout that was about 2900 feet longer.

Shot a 76 on it. Granted it was pretty windy. :(

Latest posts