• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Last Round of 2011

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I just started a first round of 2012 thread and also wondered if there were any memorable last rounds of 2011.

Technically, my last round of 2011 was a 9 hole glow round on my Dixie Lee DGC played around 11:00 P.M. on New Year's Eve. I only used three baskets, playing each basket from three tee positions.

My final "real" rounds were also played on 1-31-11 around 1:30 P.M. TinHornDan and I played two rounds of 9 holes at Red Neck DGC in Confluence, PA. I like to think that we both rocked the course on our first nine. He shot a 4 under 23 and I shot a 5 under 22. We came back down to Earth the 2nd time around, however, both shooting par, 27. It's amazing how this game has a way of humbling me!

So I won the day by one throw. Although he made it close coming down to the wire. I was leading by 4 going into the last two holes. I parred #8 while he drained a 40'+ putt for birdie. The lead was down to 3. Then I choked on a <20' putt, hitting the cage for bogey, while he parked his drive and nailed the birdie putt. Thus, my one shot victory. It's probably a good thing we didn't play 27. :p

All in all, it was a really fun day of golf.

Played Flyboy and had an awesome time with BogeyNoMore, we stayed at the b&b the night before and it was a good time. Had a pretty bad round with lots of bad putting, but you couldn't ask for a better place to have a bad round.

Was 40 degrees and there was no snow on the ground. That's a pretty memorable New Year's Eve in these parts. Took advantage by throwing 4 rounds at Ham Lake.

Played Flyboy and had an awesome time with BogeyNoMore, we stayed at the b&b the night before and it was a good time. Had a pretty bad round with lots of bad putting, but you couldn't ask for a better place to have a bad round.

BogeyNoMore is a great dude, what's been going on Dwayne?

My last round of 2011 12-26 at Buckhorn with Moose, Wood Pecker, and discindingo. Got to watch discindingo wade in one of the nasty, cold ass ponds for a disc that he never could find. Balls and beard deep, ah...good times.

Here's a pic of TinHornDan putting on #4 at Red Neck DGC during our final round of 2011. Not enough light for my phone to take a good pic, but you get the idea.

Green grass and pine needles... not 18" of snow like the last time I played there in the Winter. It was probably 45 degrees with virtually no wind. I'll take that in Western PA on the last day of the year! :)

picture.php

My last round of 2011 was Monday Dec 25th and I had an ace...hole #15 at Sertoma Field in Walhalla. Five witnesses. Threw a Star Mako.

Played my last two rounds new years eve day at shore acres.
Memorable moment would be an amazing vector upshot from 200' through a couple hundred trees on hole 5 that parked itself right under the basket :)
Once you get off the fairway its Indiana Jones thick jungle and I hit my line which was probably 4 feet wide at its widest spot.
My brother and I both looked at each other and said no effing way did that make it through lol.

Last round was Bradford park yesterday morning. shot a 62 from longs which is decent however the more important thing was in the afternoon as we broke ground on a future course!!

Last round of 2011 was at Bill Allen DGC in The Colony, TX. Shot a pretty good round of 59. I'm happy with the year-ender.

Played a tourney on the 31st. Shot alright first round (+2 with 5 birds) but completely blew up the 2nd (+11, 1 bird :(). Went from 3 strokes out of the lead to not even cashing in a field of 18. Better luck next (this) year.

I rarely play in the winter so my last round of 2011 was 11/13 at Acorn Park. It was my best round of the year there. I shot 10 under par. For the last 6 weeks of the year I really concentrated on using my putters a lot more, especially for driving. I guess it is paying off.

Played a quick 9 yesterday at Firefighters Park in Troy. First time throwing in about a week and half but still did pretty well

BogeyNoMore is a great dude, what's been going on Dwayne?

My last round of 2011 12-26 at Buckhorn with Moose, Wood Pecker, and discindingo. Got to watch discindingo wade in one of the nasty, cold ass ponds for a disc that he never could find. Balls and beard deep, ah...good times.

balls n beard deeeeep. and lady parts deep for me, twas not a GREAT experience.

My last round was one of my best at Dolese. 3 bogeys 2 birdies for a +1. Coulda been much better because I blew a few putts. The weather was great with temps around 70!

For my last round of 2011, I was out at Moraga Commons here in California. I ended up throwing PAR which is 2 strokes better than Ive ever thrown there. 2 birdies, 2 bogeys and 5 pars. Great way to end the year!

Played a round w/ bhuff and a friend of ours New Years Eve afternoon. Unfortunately I stunk it up...

Got out for one last round at Lakewood Hills (aka "Leftwood Hills") with a few buddies, had a great time.

Would have loved to end the year with a lower score overall, but playing a round of 18 in Minnesota ...with no snow on the ground ...35 degrees with hardly any wind ...on NYE ...was truly amazing! Check that off the bucket list! :thmbup:

Here's a tons more chains slammin' in 2012!

Played on 12/31 at Paul B. Johnson State Park...shot -2 but should have been about -6. Highlight was hitting a 55 ft putt to save par after throwing a bad shot OB

Latest posts