• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latest DiscGolfer magazine

Thanks for posting, 12StonesScott. Those limitations are causing them to miss out on some spectacular shots/moments. Maybe if enough of us care about the magazine, we could email them and at least voice our opinion. I'll at least try.

Maybe the process needs to change a bit if the mag does not allow ample time for good photo selection. You haven't received your Discgolfer yet?

I don't have a subscription, so my knowledge of the mag comes from heisting old issues circa 1999-2001.

When did the issues get sent out? My only gripe was that given that I was away the week following worlds and then had to go back to work after being off almost 2 weeks, I didn't have time to quickly sort through my ~2,000 photos and pick out the ones that would be potentially worthy and then re-label all of them.

I tried to share my raw galleries to a few people who just grumbled that they were "too busy" to scan through. I was a bit miffed that people who's job it was to find good photos couldn't give me 15 minutes at their convenience to even give someone a little constructive feedback on product that was done for the love of it and with zero financial gain.

Also, was bummed at all of that because speaking with John in person was very pleasant and informative to my process. I am certain that his words helped up the quality of my photos significantly.

Also, was bummed at all of that because speaking with John in person was very pleasant and informative to my process. I am certain that his words helped up the quality of my photos significantly.

Yeah, you couldn't ask for a nicer guy to work with on this stuff. But after a major event, he's often got thousands of his own shots to sort through and select, plus whatever submissions they get, on a deadline, with a lot of constraints and space in the mag for only a very few of the best shots that meet their criteria. And of course being photo editor of DiscGolfer is on top of the things he does to make a living. I'm sure he's as frustrated as the rest of us at times -- he mentioned to me Friday that after however long he's been photo editor, he finally got one of his own shots on the cover recently.

Latest posts