• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Latest DiscGolfer magazine

I look forward to recieving the magazine each quarter. Does it have shortcomings, probably, but compared to the other disc golf magazines out there it is stellar. I would love to see more pics of the courses and less of the same top pros, but just my take. I agree that the history articles are cool and the juliana article was nice.

Sorry to offend you Duchess, by expressing my opinion on a product that I pay for. I guess I should be happy I got the magazine at all, as that was something the last magazine I paid for had issues even getting that right.

I'm not offended. I simply expressed my opinion about you expressing your opinion.

There were several great articles this time. The Juliana interview was excellent. The La Mirada article was informative and interesting. I believe the magazine is getting better as time goes on. The regular feature on design is fun to read and the in depth interviews and researched articles have stood out to me for the past couple of issues.

I don't care so much about the tour coverage when they just list who came out where, but some of the first hand accounts can be interesting. I'd like to see more emphasis on that then on who showed up and how they placed.

Overall though, I'm seeing improvement.

I'm easily amused, thus, I enjoy the heck out of the mag. Mine just came in the mail today and I haven't even pulled it out of the plastic, yet.

As far as magazines go I'd put the PDGA one squarely in the middle of the pack. I don't really care for the tournament coverage stuff (though the ones where they write a few pages are good - I'm talking about the ones where they just show pictures and the top three finishers for some of the non-huge events), but the instruction is okay, the Houck articles are good, etc.

Squarely in the middle. It's not awesome, but it's not crap either.

I do remember that the first one I looked at. A guy gave me a stack of three or four. The first one I read started off in the Letter from the Editor saying "I am deeply pumped about this issue" or something...

Deeply pumped.

Uhm, yeah. ;)

P.S. The most recent issue with the crazy hair guy on the cover was one of the best ones. I haven't gotten to the difficult-to-read article yet, but I did notice the incorrect page order on the USDGC article.

They couldn't put a better picture of Paige Pierce on the front cover? Talk about unflattering.

I ordered a subscription to this magazine over a year ago and have yet to receive a copy, ive even spoken with the fullfillment center and was told they would be sent ... I guess its time to give up.

I don't know what's up with that fufillment center. It took 5 months, a handful of emails, and a few phone calls to get most of my stuff. I never did get my mini. I know it's a small group of people doing the work but I don't think they know what they are doing.

This thread is back from the dead!

No, really, the guy who started it is DEAD.

Miss you Baz :D :gross: :p

Doggone it. I forgot about this mag and let my PDGA membership expire. Now I'm going to have to try to track down back issues again. DOH!!!

Austin, the pic of you with the other Am Worlds winners said Austin Pfaff. Maybe I got a corrected version??.

The "Highest Disc Golf Course in the World" on page 7 was inaccurate, as discussed in another thread. Otherwise, it was OK. I prefer the articles about the history of the game, course design, and throwing tips more than a recap of tournament scores, which I can peruse on PDGA.com.

Latest posts