• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

46: The Maul has been my biggest concern too until today. I picked up one of the new heavy Diamonds. 174g. Got to work with it today next to the Maul and they are very close. Within variance disc to disc. I'm no longer worried if the Maul goes down.

Here's a little data that should make the predictions a little easier: https://infinitediscs.com/blog/latitude-64-best-sellers-sept-2019-edition/

After reading this my Mauls feel safer and my Culverins feel less safe. That's okay though as I think there are more discs like the Culverin(Getaway,Thunderbird,... Etc). Not sure that I could replace a Maul so easily.

nice to see some of their older molds (pure, river, fuse) still are top performers. I bag all 3 and would hate to have to replace any of them (pures and fuses in particular)

nice to see some of their older molds (pure, river, fuse) still are top performers. I bag all 3 and would hate to have to replace any of them (pures and fuses in particular)

In hindsight, I wish I had latched onto Fuses rather than Evidences. :\

I can't believe the Flow is 12th on that list, the one in my bag is the only one I've ever seen on the course but I really like it. So maybe it's actually safe from cuts.

That said, when I read the next 10 molds below it I don't think I've seen any of them more than 3 times in the wild other than the Havoc, and some are at a zero or one.

Maybe Lat's overall numbers are just so much lower than I thought, that after a few of the molds I see all the time like Ballista/BPro, Explorer, Compass, the overall sales just aren't that high?

What I find really interesting though is how much better Opto sells at 41% than Goldline/Goldline Burst at 18%.

Maybe Lat's overall numbers are just so much lower than I thought, that after a few of the molds I see all the time like Ballista/BPro, Explorer, Compass, the overall sales just aren't that high?

Another thing to add on to this is that at least in the U.S. the DD website offers free shipping and stocks pretty much all of the trilogy molds all the time. I personally have, over the past 3-4 years, purchased at least 50+ trilogy discs and only 3 were ordered from infinite.

So while these numbers that infinite puts up are relevant, I would say for trilogy they are less representative than that of Discraft or Innova, companies that except for tour series, I personally have never purchased off of their websites.

Another thing to add on to this is that at least in the U.S. the DD website offers free shipping and stocks pretty much all of the trilogy molds all the time. I personally have, over the past 3-4 years, purchased at least 50+ trilogy discs and only 3 were ordered from infinite.

So while these numbers that infinite puts up are relevant, I would say for trilogy they are less representative than that of Discraft or Innova, companies that except for tour series, I personally have never purchased off of their websites.

Although there may be some truth to this, I would have to generally disagree. I guessed all but one of the Dynamic OOP discs based solely on Infinite's sales figures. So even if their Trilogy sales vs other manufacturers are maybe not representative of Trilogy sales in the market as a whole, I think they are still an accurate representation of Trilogy discs compared with other Trilogy discs.

Yep, pretty sure she's gone. On the bright side, I find the Vandal to be extremely similar so you may look into this as a substitute.

The Falchion and Sidewinder (especially in Champion plastic) are also extremely similar, so that's the fallback I'd recommend. I just hate it that the Falchion is likely to go OOP, since it's such a good disc.

I must be behind the news cycle here. Is L64 going to do another wave of cuts? I thought the DD and L64 OOP announcements were already made, and we were just waiting on Westside?

I must be behind the news cycle here. Is L64 going to do another wave of cuts? I thought the DD and L64 OOP announcements were already made, and we were just waiting on Westside?

DD is done.
Lat will be announcing in waves with the first one being done (stupid idea in my opinion).
Westside will be announced last - end of the year or maybe even early next year.

DD is done.
Lat will be announcing in waves with the first one being done (stupid idea in my opinion).
Westside will be announced last - end of the year or maybe even early next year.

Yikes. Well I wasn't really planning on trying out any new molds soon anyways, but if I do I'll make sure that it's not a Lat64 mold. I prefer the DD methodology of just doing it all at once. While it was painful to have one of my core molds go OOP, at least it removed all speculation of what other cuts may occur.

Just ordered another Maul. After losing the Clash earlier this month, I am not ready to lose another mold. I only use 5 molds for cripes sake!

Thanks for posting that Infinite data. That does make me feel better, but the fact that the Maul is not on Lat's store site is concerning.

Same here. I get the Latitude cuts. Overmolds and The hex molds. Westside is pretty damn solid IMO. maybe a couple of the higher speed drivers I guess. DD I get as well even though I like a thief. My wife throws renegades but mostly sidewinders and roadrunners so that's Ok. I gave her a warrant this year and my god is she lethal with it. Ordered a couple more to be safe for her.

pull the band aid off

clearly the trilogy is struggling

I better go pick up one of those sweet corvettes that all the pros are throwing then. Or maybe a firestorm. I like a tern though. maybe get another one of those. Or a wahoo or shryke since they are literally the same thing. :doh:

I better go pick up one of those sweet corvettes that all the pros are throwing then. Or maybe a firestorm. I like a tern though. maybe get another one of those. Or a wahoo or shryke since they are literally the same thing. :doh:

its nice having those for windy days but a rock is really all you need

Westside should cut the following high speed drivers:

Queen
Sorcerer
Catapult
Either King or Destiny. Keep one of the two, but not both. They're too similar.