• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude/Dynamic OOP molds

Honestly I do not care that much. I do not nor have I ever wanted to own a Lat64 disc. Actually, I may still have one of the TC discs from them, but I am not even sure about that and definitely am not going to look.

Honestly I do not care that much. I do not nor have I ever wanted to own a Lat64 disc. Actually, I may still have one of the TC discs from them, but I am not even sure about that and definitely am not going to look.

Clearly you care enough to open this Lat64 thread and even make a post in it

Odd, Jeremy Rusco said that Lat64 would announce the first OOP discs on the 23rd

If i had to make a wild guess. . .the success at Worlds for EMERSON KEITH might have caused a delay in the OOP disc. .he might throw some of them and that might get Lat64 to change those discs fate

Then why bother posting here? Do you think we care that you don't?
I think what I was trying to show was my apathy toward this brand and at least in some way represent what others may be thinking. I throw some Dynamic molds and love them, have thrown some Westside and would consider doing so again, but something about the Lat molds or perhaps their approach as a company does nothing for me.

I think it says something that they have news that they are going to no longer produce certain molds and that announcement is met with a collective shrug from the majority of the disc golf world. But when DD said they were doing the same, there was lots of speculation and discussion.

So no, I don't expect anyone to care that I don't care, but I think my apathy toward Lat64 is more the rule than the exception.
Clearly you care enough to open this Lat64 thread and even make a post in it
This is true. I am a little curious. But I am even more curious about why no news than what the news will be.

Odd, Jeremy Rusco said that Lat64 would announce the first OOP discs on the 23rd

Last month Rusco said the announcement would be on 8/16. Latitude is moving the target date on him. Even though I like Latitude, it's a bad look to it's customers.

I havent heard Lat64 announce any dates. Have they, or have Rusco been the only one announcing this? It kind of makes Rusco look like a moron IMO

I havent heard Lat64 announce any dates. Have they, or have Rusco been the only one announcing this? It kind of makes Rusco look like a moron IMO

No, I have not seen any announcements concerning this from Latitude. Considering the partnerships between the companies, I don't understand the confusion.

If i had to make a wild guess. . .the success at Worlds for EMERSON KEITH might have caused a delay in the OOP disc. .he might throw some of them and that might get Lat64 to change those discs fate

Last month Rusco said the announcement would be on 8/16. Latitude is moving the target date on him. Even though I like Latitude, it's a bad look to it's customers.

I think it says something that they have news that they are going to no longer produce certain molds and that announcement is met with a collective shrug from the majority of the disc golf world.

Jolt may be onto something about Emerson Keith at Worlds... but wouldn't they want to make an announcement saying the OOP list is being delayed? So I agree with the Hal9000 that this is not a good look all the way around.

And pjhayes7's 'excitement' notwithstanding :D , I think he's onto something... Lat's announcement, then saying they're going to have more lists in the months to follow generated very little excitement, while the DD announcement stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest. Also not a good look for Lat64... :popcorn:

I also have general apathy toward the Lat64 OOP announcement. I'm intrigued out of morbid curiosity, but no L64 discs have ever stuck in my bag so I'm pretty much unaffected.
I bagged a Saint for a bit, but liked the feel of the Escape better (and eventually settled on Stags). Daggers are fun putters, but they putt terribly in the wind for me and seem particularly prone to roll aways. Ballistas and Ballista Pros had their season in my bag, But Ballistas quickly beat in to 'uncontrollable' territory and B Pros give me release problems. I could go on and on. For me Lat64 discs just never stay in the bag, whereas as Dynamic and Westside both make molds that have been mainstays for me. I can't really put a finger on why that is.

I also have general apathy toward the Lat64 OOP announcement. I'm intrigued out of morbid curiosity, but no L64 discs have ever stuck in my bag so I'm pretty much unaffected.
I bagged a Saint for a bit, but liked the feel of the Escape better (and eventually settled on Stags). Daggers are fun putters, but they putt terribly in the wind for me and seem particularly prone to roll aways. Ballistas and Ballista Pros had their season in my bag, But Ballistas quickly beat in to 'uncontrollable' territory and B Pros give me release problems. I could go on and on. For me Lat64 discs just never stay in the bag, whereas as Dynamic and Westside both make molds that have been mainstays for me. I can't really put a finger on why that is.

I've had a similar experience, the St./St.Pro, River, Ballista/BPro are all good discs, but they seem to make some of their best stuff for other people. Westside I will admit I throw a ton of due to the aesthetics, but if they were not as good I would throw whatever was better.

I have six and sometimes even seven discs made at their factory ITB, and none are Lat64. Also two from Innova and one from MVP at the moment.

Even ones that are really good they make something similar that is a little better for DD, Westside or now Discmania.

Even ones that are really good they make something similar that is a little better for DD, Westside or now Discmania.

I think the Compass is on the upper tier of mids for all of the Trilogy discs. The Explorer seems good but I haven't thrown a beat one to know how the HSS gets, however there isn't much competition in that speed 7 range for Trilogy. I'm not worried about either of those molds though, just coming up with a few Lat molds that I think stand out.

I could throw just a River, Justice, Star Eagle, and a SS Wizard right now and it would be 98% of my throws between them all