• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Laura Nagtegaal 2019 Amateur World Champion FA40

That may be the case. Or maybe our society punishes wrongthink so heavily that nobody would dare to voice opposition.

End of the day, there are a lot of unknown factors here. The only thing I know for certain is that there is a perfectly good division that everyone can play in, the mixed division. Why worry about any of the unknowns when there is an option available that is certain to please everyone?

When my daughter is old enough to compete I will encourage her to play mixed no matter what her gender identity or skill level. I just don't see the value in being the best of the lousiest. Approaching life as a challenge without stacking the odds in your own favor is a value I hope to pass to my children.

Who are you to decide what is wrongthink?

Here's my unwanted and uninformed opinion.

This situation is no different than if Serena Williams decided to start playing DG and smoked the field at worlds. She's genetically superior to pretty much 99.999999% of the field and more athletically gifted / talented, has better body control, stronger, more experienced with competition, etc.

People are way too hung up on which extra bits everyone else has.

Unlike 99.999999999% of people commenting with this approach, I actually SAW this group compete at the worlds. I was with them as a marshal for multiple holes.

There was move love and kindness than you see in MPO, FPO, etc. Literally hugging Laura, calling her "mama Laura" and etc.

Not a single one of the 2nd through 4th place women cared that they would have finished one spot higher without Laura competing.

So what's funny is why you think they were robbed, those that were actually effected in no way feel this way.

Here's my unwanted and uninformed opinion.

This situation is no different than if Serena Williams decided to start playing DG and smoked the field at worlds. She's genetically superior to pretty much 99.999999% of the field and more athletically gifted / talented, has better body control, stronger, more experienced with competition, etc.

People are way too hung up on which extra bits everyone else has.

Both of these posts.:clap::clap:

Hope some boys in here will grow up to be men one day. The rest of us are unamused with your ignorance.

Go Laura! I hope you find happiness and acceptance on and off the fairway. People fear what they can't understand, and willful ignorance prevents understanding.

As far as the PDGA, they're following IOC guidelines, which is good enough for me.

Nagtegaal competed exclusively in mixed divisions (also, no longer referred to as men's divisions by the PDGA) from the time they became a PDGA member in 2010 until 2019.

I'm pretty sure that there has never been a "men's division." Even locally, I know women that have played in "Men's" divisions for as long as I have been playing

I'm pretty sure that there has never been a "men's division." Even locally, I know women that have played in "Men's" divisions for as long as I have been playing

There has been, in fact the "M" in most divisions used to stand for "Men's"

It now officially stands for "Mixed" meaning any gender. Nothing changed with the rules, just the clarification.

"Divisions that have the letter M in their code are "Mixed" divisions where both males and females may play. Divisions that have the letter F in their code are "Female-only" divisions in which only females may play."

Source:

https://www.pdga.com/divisions

Both of these posts.:clap::clap:

Hope some boys in here will grow up to be men one day. The rest of us are unamused with your ignorance.

Go Laura! I hope you find happiness and acceptance on and off the fairway. People fear what they can't understand, and willful ignorance prevents understanding.

As far as the PDGA, they're following IOC guidelines, which is good enough for me.

Do IOC guidelines allow someone to qualify for the olympics before they have transitioned? I missed that if they do.

So why are there Male(mixed) and female divisions if there is no difference between men and women

No one, including transgenders and supporters, have ever said male and females are the same.

In fact, that's kind of the point of the rigorous medical procedures.

Do IOC guidelines allow someone to qualify for the olympics before they have transitioned? I missed that if they do.

So someone who is 39 in 2019 should not be able to compete in a 40+ division in 2020 that requires 2019 points from?

nothing like a buncha dudes discussing women, w/o women commenting. but i do think we (me at least) are trying to put ourselves in the shoes of the competition. is she getting an unfair advantage? as sonic pointed out, growing up with testosterone irreversibly changes the body. is that why she won, maybe, but this game is more about confidence, and the gender change gave her that, so that is the most likely reason she won. good for her. i'm glad she is happy with herself and hope she remains that way.

So someone who is 39 in 2019 should not be able to compete in a 40+ division in 2020 that requires 2019 points from?

I answered that above. It's not the same person. Isn't that the whole point of the transition? Hans qualified, Laura played. Your analogy is flawed.

nothing like a buncha dudes discussing women, w/o women commenting. but i do think we (me at least) are trying to put ourselves in the shoes of the competition. is she getting an unfair advantage? as sonic pointed out, growing up with testosterone irreversibly changes the body. is that why she won, maybe, but this game is more about confidence, and the gender change gave her that, so that is the most likely reason she won. good for her. i'm glad she is happy with herself and hope she remains that way.

This is why I posted a direct quote from Laura who says the current PDGA rules are unfair and should be changed. I think she's a better person to ask on this subject than anyone else.

No one, including transgenders and supporters, have ever said male and females are the same.

In fact, that's kind of the point of the rigorous medical procedures.

Equality of opportunity, any woman can compete in a mens division but no man can compete in a womans division. How is that equality? Am I missing something?

Latest posts