• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Laura Nagtegaal 2019 Amateur World Champion FA40

:thmbdown:

Or perhaps the people that can't handle having an adult conversation about an exploding issue in our sport can move to another site.

:thmbup:

I have a hard time buying into the "exploding issue" idea. IMO, it is a non issue. There are rules and they were followed. I am not sure what there is to continue discussing. It is kind of like discussing religion or politics, though people have different viewpoints, few are going to budge off of their opinion. I think we have pretty well hashed out the differing viewpoints on the closed thread.

I have a hard time buying into the "exploding issue" idea. IMO, it is a non issue. There are rules and they were followed. I am not sure what there is to continue discussing. It is kind of like discussing religion or politics, though people have different viewpoints, few are going to budge off of their opinion. I think we have pretty well hashed out the differing viewpoints on the closed thread.

C'mon, I wanna be outraged by the disgusting opinions and then post my opinion and stuff.

This was a point I was trying to get to in the other thread but JT and others were just so vocal that their point of view was the correct point of view and it kinda killed it. People dont know how to take emotion out of conversation and have a civil conversation.

This was a point I was trying to get to in the other thread but JT and others were just so vocal that their point of view was the correct point of view and it kinda killed it. People dont know how to take emotion out of conversation and have a civil conversation.

This is 2019. Civil conversation died in like 1993.

This issue is a growing one in athletics in general, not just disc golf. Civil discourse over it is a good thing. It is probably inevitable that it goes down the road to the dump but seems like it should be given that chance as the topic doesn't lie within the site's self-described "no go zones". Is everything controversial subject to arbitrary moderation?

:thmbdown:

Or perhaps the people that can't handle having an adult conversation about an exploding issue in our sport can move to another site.

:thmbup:

Exploding issue? One example of it so far.

And as far as the people who are against it, we've heard two examples so far.

One competitor complaining to her husband and one FPO player who consistently breaks the rules.

Just once I'd love it if a mod had the balls to stand up for someone being marginalized and just fkn toss the few who can't play nice. Stop creating space for people to be ****ty to others, it's normalizing that response. You have the power to set the tone. Maybe you don't care, but I like to imagine you do.

Just once I'd love it if a mod had the balls to stand up for someone being marginalized and just fkn toss the few who can't play nice. Stop creating space for people to be ****ty to others, it's normalizing that response. You have the power to set the tone. Maybe you don't care, but I like to imagine you do.

Some people think the ladies who finished 2nd thru 17th got the raw end of the deal.

The thread from earlier this year, which is more generally about the PDGA gender policy and not about a specific person, is also locked but available for viewing:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133839

I was personally surprised that they had let that thread go on so long before it got locked and/or landfilled.
Perhaps the Mods learned their lesson there, and were a little quick to shut down the Laura Nagtegaal thread. Maybe an overreaction; the Laura thread was more civil. But on the other hand, I appreciate the desire to keep a tighter leash on the conversation when it's about a specific person rather than general policy.

Some people think the ladies who finished 2nd thru 17th got the raw end of the deal.

I was speaking in generalities, I was a mod on a ski forum that makes this place look like a library for a while. Lock it and walk it is the easy way out but it's not really helping anything.

Can we bring back the deleted posts from this thread? We should be allowed to see how crappy some people on this forum are, they showed me what some peoples true colors are.

Can we bring back the deleted posts from this thread? We should be allowed to see how crappy some people on this forum are, they showed me what some peoples true colors are.

Mods delete my posts and move threads to the fill as a way of pruning my "nice" count. They like to pretend like I am just a troll without anything valid to say. But those who nice me know my contribution to their enjoyment of this forum! I will not be intimidated by hateful mods!

Mods delete my posts and move threads to the fill as a way of pruning my "nice" count. They like to pretend like I am just a troll without anything valid to say. But those who nice me know my contribution to their enjoyment of this forum! I will not be intimidated by hateful mods!

I didnt think you were bad at all, JT and MTL got out of hand to me.