• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

Mine arrived but I can't throw it until tomorrow...argh!

Pic will hafta do;

img20110808162336.jpg

Btw:
Thanks to Lion for fast shipping and making these available to us.

Huge rim but narrow/sharp leading edge makes it feel comfortable in hand.

Well its official,these things boom. Im on the field now and my rampage passed my destroyers,pd2 and opto flow. . I brought out the pd2 & destroyer to compare beefiness since the rampage was rated 4 fade. It actually flew straiter ,longer than I thought after I deflashed it. Its got a healthy fade for sure but its forward penetrating. And as wide of a rim as it is,im able to get decent snap on it ,unlike the nuke.

So,i let one rip into a moderate headwind and gpt about 5' of turn then it faded back to a 435 mark. Going past my flow which was at about 412. I brought a fresh flow when I should of brought my seasoned one because on good rips my seasoned one bombs.

Its about as overstable as my flat pd2 but with much more speed and glide.. I definitely like it and the sharp rim isnt an issue to me even with small hands.

These rips were definitely a little off as I didnt feel the hit as good as I could have.i think on a solid throw ,feelingthe hit,these will boom big time. I wish there was more wind this time but ive got a nice moderate one at about 10mph.

More reviewing later. My arm is a lil weak lol

sounds great guys. I ripped the white one and red one. I actually ripped the red one 6-8 times maxing at around 480, but the white one I took with me was a little less stable and I got two over 500 with the long one being 518. The red I threw was 175.3g and the white one was 172.4g's. I loved the red for headwind shots because it just fought its way threw and the white was great for tailwinds. I did throw the white one with alot of snap into some headwinds but I snapped the disc over to hard and it never came out of it. I definitely would have to put a ten degree hyzer and let the white rampages flip up in a headwind. I will get more stats and reviews up once I throw more colors.

sounds great guys. I ripped the white one and red one. I actually ripped the red one 6-8 times maxing at around 480, but the white one I took with me was a little less stable and I got two over 500 with the long one being 518. The red I threw was 175.3g and the white one was 172.4g's. I loved the red for headwind shots because it just fought its way threw and the white was great for tailwinds. I did throw the white one with alot of snap into some headwinds but I snapped the disc over to hard and it never came out of it. I definitely would have to put a ten degree hyzer and let the white rampages flip up in a headwind. I will get more stats and reviews up once I throw more colors.

yeah i think i might need some of the lighter ones....but i have yet to throw them...hoping to get out this weekend.....look forward to hearing more

I'm looking forward to getting mine
I doubt I'll be able to grip it
I don't have terrific form or power so it will be interesting to see what results this gets for me

by the way from the pics these look super pearly which is sweet

I'm looking forward to getting mine
I doubt I'll be able to grip it
I don't have terrific form or power so it will be interesting to see what results this gets for me

by the way from the pics these look super pearly which is sweet

The pix do no justice, these are way pearly

Will throw it tomorrow

going to finally test mine now, and for those of you (us?) that cant throw 450 like lion and booter can read my input:rolleyes:

(by the way, my best EVER was maybe 420, i on an average day throw a solid 380, not a solid 400. and no thats not internet distance lol)

going to finally test mine now, and for those of you (us?) that cant throw 450 like lion and booter can read my input:rolleyes:

(by the way, my best EVER was maybe 420, i on an average day throw a solid 380, not a solid 400. and no thats not internet distance lol)

im right there with you ...im going to try it out this weekend.....i got bad shoulders so im no long bomber!!.....hope it goes well for you...

Got to throw mine finally.
It is a tad overstable for me but not too bad.
When it breaks in it wil be perfect
I got some good rips into the wind...downwind it hyzered out at 300 315

Just so you guys know I have to do a 360 running run up to brake 500 feet. I top out at maybe 450 if I have just a normal tee box. Anything over say 410 I lose a lot of accuracy. I feel great ripping my boss, rampage, destroyer, and wraiths 380-425. I use a 1st run pumpkin destroyer right now for my biggest rips because its super stable. I haven't thrown the rampage enough for it to take my pumpkins place, but the rampage is in the bag because of the feel, glide for sure, comfortable feel, and it was pretty consistant so far. I will know better in a month, as we all will.

P8100753.jpg

Wow this disc is sweet, too sweet to throw. May have to pick up another.
Thanks for the hookup lion, much appreciated.

Last edited:
I wasn't sure if I wanted to move up from my Destroyers, and I had issues with Bosses. So I borrowed a buddies Rampage. Although I don't have big hands, the wide grip felt good in my hand, though the edge is a little sharp. First throw with about 90% power and the disc took off fast and it had a lot of glide to it with fade at the end. Great forearm disc as well. Didn't get a chance to throw it in any wind, but I can't wait to test it out at Goat Hill in Oceanside, with long open fairways, downhill and uphill, with all types of wind.

I would say this disc is like a supersonic Nuke with a lot of glide.

unfortunately its one of those rim sizes that just doesn't jive with my BH grip... feels godly in my FH though, extremely comfy for my lanky fingers

I love the fact that I only work like 15 minutes from Goat hill with there monster fairways. I actually work on camp pendelton and that course has no distance. I should take the rampage there and let it rip.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to move up from my Destroyers, and I had issues with Bosses. So I borrowed a buddies Rampage. Although I don't have big hands, the wide grip felt good in my hand, though the edge is a little sharp. First throw with about 90% power and the disc took off fast and it had a lot of glide to it with fade at the end. Great forearm disc as well. Didn't get a chance to throw it in any wind, but I can't wait to test it out at Goat Hill in Oceanside, with long open fairways, downhill and uphill, with all types of wind.

I would say this disc is like a supersonic Nuke with a lot of glide.