• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy Disc's Speed 14 Rampage

Plastic is the pinnacle line. Ikon is being tested as we speak and I should have a few ikon blend proto types this week and hopefully next week they will have the production run of Ikon plastic which will be more like a star type plastic and from what the Rico's say more stable. Ikon blend will be the true stable rampage disc. Super stable is what there shooting for. They are also running translucent pinnacle blend. I will be picking it up and getting this stuff to all of you dgcr people cheaper then anywhere else. Legacy Gear will be out this week aswell.

You da man! :hfive:

Rampages now available at Sylmar

(I posted this message on another thread, but I'm also posting it here in case you find it interesting and don't see the other thread.)

I played at Sylmar yesterday (Aug. 21) and the pro shop had Legacy Rampages available. I bought a blue 175. All they had was blue and red, all 175s. Steve Rico was there and said shortly they would have 165s and they would have the higher-end Star-like plastic. The one I got was the Champion-like plastic. I didn't throw it on the course, because I knew I'd throw it into a tree or a rock and I wanted to experiment with it in a grassy park first, before I put gouges into it.

My main question will be how similarly the Rampage behaves to a Vulcan, which has become my driver of choice in most situations. (I have huge hands and the wide-rimmed Vulcan fits my hand nicely.) By the way, the Rampage I bought at Sylmar today was $14.50.

My main question will be how similarly the Rampage behaves to a Vulcan, which has become my driver of choice in most situations. (I have huge hands and the wide-rimmed Vulcan fits my hand nicely.) By the way, the Rampage I bought at Sylmar today was $14.50.

Considering the Vulcan is at the extreme end of Innova's stability scale I'm betting the Rampage will be a good deal more stable.

BTW, I'm just putting this out there without any official knowledge whatsoever, but it sure looks to me like the Rampage was molded by Innova.

Rampage is way more stable than a vulcan. Id still like to say speed 14 destroyer

In my fairly limited throwing of the Rampage so far, I'd compare it to a beat-in Boss regarding stability. I have a 167 Star Boss that I've been throwing for 2 years, and the Rampage is very similar. Certainly not flippy, but not OS, either. Haven't had wind to throw it in since I've gotten it, so I can't comment much more than this.

BTW, I'm just putting this out there without any official knowledge whatsoever, but it sure looks to me like the Rampage was molded by Innova.

what makes you think that..??

Well...The Ricos live in the heart of Innova country for starters. Also, it's hard to believe that someone new to this industry is going to come out with such a polished product on their own. If you are starting out, you are going to have limited access to a molding facility unless you've got a huge amount of money. Lastly it just looks Innova--The shape, the plastic, the polish...I think the Ricos may have perhaps contracted Innova to make their ideas a reality. That would be a good idea, a certain way to ensure you make a successful product. Also, Innova seems to like doing this sort of thing...Gaining partnerships and diversifying their brand. A good percentage of disc golfers are either counter culture/anti-establishment, and another percentage wants to support anything new, so Innova is not always "cool". This is a way for them to break into that market that doesn't want to buy Innova for the above reasons.

Last edited:
FWIW I have no official knowledge but the Rampages I've seen aren't in Innova's typical color scheme.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything but just putting it out there.

Well...--->The Ricos live in the heart of Innova country for starters.<--- Also, it's hard to believe that someone new to this industry is going to come out with such a polished product on their own. If you are starting out, you are going to have limited access to a molding facility unless you've got a huge amount of money. Lastly it just looks Innova--The shape, the plastic, the polish...I think the Ricos may have perhaps contracted Innova to make their ideas a reality. That would be a good idea, a certain way to ensure you make a successful product. Also, Innova seems to like doing this sort of thing...Gaining partnerships and diversifying their brand. A good percentage of disc golfers are either counter culture/anti-establishment, and another percentage wants to support anything new, so Innova is not always "cool". This is a way for them to break into that market that doesn't want to buy Innova for the above reasons.

i knew about the top part ...but i did not think innova would be cool with that....maybe you are right

So let me just say that Legacy has had nothing made from innova or requested any help. Let's just say that ever since the ricos annouced to Innova they would be entering the disc manufactoring game, they haven't been back to Innova. Its really hard to get any help out of other companies, but the rico's had money saved and they invested into there own mold and contractted it out threw a mold injection company. They did all the work you see. So they have a company not related to disc golf doing the molds and manufactoring of discs. The ricos contacted plastic companies and secured contracts. They are also going to be getting there own stamp machine for there discs soon. A lot of the local socal crowd loved to hear the Ricos were getting more involved and I hope you all feel the same way. Its seems a lot of pros have made or indorsed something in this sport, the ricos are just going full steam ahead. So everyone knows, the ricos own a concrete business and that is there main income and there current profession. One day it would be nice if it was just disc golf though.

So let me just say that Legacy has had nothing made from innova or requested any help. Let's just say that ever since the ricos annouced to Innova they would be entering the disc manufactoring game, they haven't been back to Innova. Its really hard to get any help out of other companies, but the rico's had money saved and they invested into there own mold and contractted it out threw a mold injection company. They did all the work you see. So they have a company not related to disc golf doing the molds and manufactoring of discs. The ricos contacted plastic companies and secured contracts. They are also going to be getting there own stamp machine for there discs soon. A lot of the local socal crowd loved to hear the Ricos were getting more involved and I hope you all feel the same way. Its seems a lot of pros have made or indorsed something in this sport, the ricos are just going full steam ahead. So everyone knows, the ricos own a concrete business and that is there main income and there current profession. One day it would be nice if it was just disc golf though.

Good for them. They are doing a great job then, the discs look great. I'm glad to hear they are not involved with Innova as I'm a big supporter of any new manufacturer. Innova does like to get involved, but only if they are in control and making money....So it's good that the Ricos are doing it themselves. I can't wait to get a Rampage to test, especially knowing now that it really is something totally new.

where can a get a hold of a rampage?

mgm-lion-habitat-las-vegas1.jpg

I know high speed wide rim drivers are cool, but I'd love to see a stable (not overstable) low speed fairway driver from Legacy.

I am picking up more Rampages this week for anyone looking to get some and thanks for the lion image, looks spot on. thanks