• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 7th release the "Patriot" and Legacy news

The patriots i throw are the icon hot pinks, thrown flat they turn slow and always come back with a soft fade. They hold anny lines for a long time and will hyzer flip to flat reliably and predictably.. i use it whenever i can.

Sometimes i find it hard to decide between my rival and the patriot, wish the rival was a touch more stable.

Mine are US. Flippy. Great anny turn machines with a little more distance than my inspires.

If you can find some of the FAF gummy 168 Ivory FRs, they don't have any turn. I was considering dropping TeeBirds in favor of them, but they aren't the easiest to find and are pricey when you do.

The patriots i throw are the icon hot pinks...

I just got my first hot pink, and it's gorgeous. I've been throwing whites, but I may just have to bench them and start working on the pinky.

Last edited:
Unless they started stabilizing Patriots, I would say they are far from the "stable workhorse" you're talking about

Not trying to be a smart alleck, but how do you define "stable"?

The reason I ask is that some people may classify a stable disc as one that can be flatten from a hyzer and "locks" into a straight path for the most of the flight. Stable doesn't have to be a disc that stays "stable" if thrown flat.

At the very least the Patriot resembles a "stable workhorse" if the "flatten-to-hyzer" portion is taken into the defintion of "stable".

I've been using Patriots as a LHBH workhorse for the most part. I find them to get unpredictable in stronger winds, but they are great outside of that. I particularly love them in the woods in low ceiling situations.

I've been using Patriots as a LHBH workhorse for the most part. I find them to get unpredictable in stronger winds, but they are great outside of that. I particularly love them in the woods in low ceiling situations.

I hear ya! The Patriot is legit!

Anyone else feel like the Patriot is a good, stable workhorse driver? I do. Granted, they aren't as stable as a Teebird, yet they are more versatile.

I was ripping them pretty good tonight in the field. Thrown flat they would turn and come back a little. Thrown with more hyzer they would flip up and turn a little and come back. The red one I got rode an anhyzer pretty well and fought back just a little at the end.

They are replacing my CE QJs, something that I didn't think was possible.

Does anyone think an Eagle X would be a better complement to the Patriot than a Teebird, or is the Teebird a better choice?

Does anyone think an Eagle X would be a better complement to the Patriot than a Teebird, or is the Teebird a better choice?

Really depends on the plastics honestly. I only throw first run icons and they are really similar to a star teebird. However my ivory first run pinnacle is similar to a nice stable teebird with no turn. So the eagle may be a better option if you want extra fade with minimal turn.

I'm gong to lead the brigade: Make some damn Protege Patriots! Patriots feel way more comfortable in the hand than Leopards but my Icon is taking forever to get really flippy. They could wipe out the Pro Leopard with a Protege Patriot.

Are Patriots available in 167g? I can't find them anywhere.

Got these two bubblegum beauties in the mail today!
167g gummy pinnacles

:thmbup::thmbup::thmbup:
D608F360-0CC4-4D78-92B4-EDEC4A8DB264_zpsi1lfbkkn.jpg

I just got my first Patriot today. When you refer to the ones that you got as gummy do you mean that they are flexible or grippy? The Pinnacle Patriot that I got is fairly stiff but, unlike the rival I have, it is this gloriously grippy version of pinnacle plastic. Threw it a few times and it is going straight in the bag. Very impressed with it so far.

yeah the FR Patriots are gummy.. the ones like he posted arent the true "gummy" but yes they are flexible and grippy .. at least all mine are .. as far as i know the only true gummies are the FR that tbird covets :) .. but i refer to mine as gummy sometimes too lol