• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lemon Lake gets 2 more courses

This calls for a Lemon Lake marathon, start at sunrise, play all 7 sets of tees out there when the two new courses are done :thmbup:

Ditto. Or, by the looks of things from an aerial map, these courses will be very wooded and very secluded. I love to de-stress by just getting away from it all.....and playing DG while doing that is even better. All the good courses around here are in city parks or otherwise not very wooded/secluded (Highland Park in Joliet is the exception). Just on Gold/Silver and these 2 new ones, I can easily see spending an entire day and loving it.

Great job Bart and crew!

Jukeshoe: <---Dies of excitment!

I thought it was just going to be one course. Two is OUTSTANDING!

I also like the idea of two tougher courses out there (as opposed to easier). Gold is amazingly fun for a very difficult course.

Oh....and one more thing, Bart. If you are having a workday on a weekend, feel free to post here or PM me. I tend to stay pretty busy with 3 elementary aged kids, but I would love to be able to make it down to put a little sweat equity into the courses.

Oh....and one more thing, Bart. If you are having a workday on a weekend, feel free to post here or PM me. I tend to stay pretty busy with 3 elementary aged kids, but I would love to be able to make it down to put a little sweat equity into the courses.

This. I think there are probably several of us who would be willing and interested in helping out with that.

This. I think there are probably several of us who would be willing and interested in helping out with that.

Ditto. I'll probably be working on Creek Ridge a bit this spring with gordonbombay, but if I have time open I'd love to help out at Lemon Lake! :)

Has anyone sketched out a layout for these two new courses similar to the ones they have for the Blue, Red, and White on the aerial map? When I heard there was going to be 1 new course added, I didn't think there was room, now I have no idea where they are going to squeeze in 2 new courses.

Has anyone sketched out a layout for these two new courses similar to the ones they have for the Blue, Red, and White on the aerial map? When I heard there was going to be 1 new course added, I didn't think there was room, now I have no idea where they are going to squeeze in 2 new courses.

That is a good question. I was also worried about space issues with the new course, let alone the second. That said, I'm by no means intimately familiar with the entire LL compound, nor it's property lines, etc.

I'm guessing there is quite a lot of space available behind Gold.

there is still plenty f available land out at the lake. from my first thoughts i would think the two new courses would be on the northwest corner and northeast corner of the fishing lake. bart could correct me if im wrong but off hand i think that would be the logical locations.

They've done a really nice job so far of not cramming stuff in out there, I would assume they've got room to spread it out if they're going forward with it. They want to be able to have big tournies on all the courses, so I'm sure they have that in mind with not wanting different holes interfering when the course is full.

there is still plenty f available land out at the lake. from my first thoughts i would think the two new courses would be on the northwest corner and northeast corner of the fishing lake. bart could correct me if im wrong but off hand i think that would be the logical locations.

Yes, that was the area I had in mind too. I haven't wandered around back there very much, though, so I was less than certain.

According to his desciptions, that exactly where they should be. I've walked back into the area closest to silver/gold during worlds and there is lots of land there. I'm sure they could carve into the woods by white's 17, as I haven't been back there but I'm pretty sure there is a lot of land there also.