• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lemon Lake gets 2 more courses

Bart

Bogey Member
Lemon Lake Flight Center in Crown Point Indiana is currently working on 2 more courses (weather permittin)....for a total of 6 courses in the park. We will be using terrain similar to the Gold/Silver course and hope to have them both finished by mid summer. Clearing the invasive Hawthorne tree patch began last fall and it opened up a steep downhill alley with the second lake at the bottom of the hill. The courses tentatively will start and stop near the pavilion where we held the players party at the Worlds in 2010. We already have a beginner friendly course so these will be designed with competition in mind....

Hey Bart, ever any chance of gettng camping going at Lemon? With this becoming more and more of an all day/multiple day destination; would be wonderful if players could stay for more than one day; right on site.

Can't wait. Heard about these at the Homie tournament. Great having this complex not to far away from home. Keep up the great work!

Sweet, it's awesome to hear that one of the biggest dg complexes is getting even bigger!

Last edited:
Lemon Lake Flight Center in Crown Point Indiana is currently working on 2 more courses (weather permittin)....for a total of 6 courses in the park. We will be using terrain similar to the Gold/Silver course and hope to have them both finished by mid summer. Clearing the invasive Hawthorne tree patch began last fall and it opened up a steep downhill alley with the second lake at the bottom of the hill. The courses tentatively will start and stop near the pavilion where we held the players party at the Worlds in 2010. We already have a beginner friendly course so these will be designed with competition in mind....

Sounds like I have a place to go this fall for a weekend!

Wow! That's some great news. Coming from Chicago, that's just the kind of stuff I need. Every course worthy as a destination is up to 1 hr (or so) from me so making LL even more diverse will make my ventures out there more frequent and way more enjoyable..

Thanks to everyone who is helping to make LL so great!

This calls for a Lemon Lake marathon, start at sunrise, play all 7 sets of tees out there when the two new courses are done :thmbup:

not with more than like 6 ppl mash, we play 18 holes in 2-3 hours. And are you saying gold to gold and silver to silver?

I was saying that as something fun for me to go do, not necessarily a big event, though it would be fun to do it as a time trial sort of thing where you try to beat the record time for playing all the courses. It's amazing how much play slows down when you get bigger groups like that. I was thinking silver to silver and gold to gold.

Yeah, but you can make up time on Blue and White, those can go pretty quick. You'd have to do it in the summer (perfect, since that's when the new courses are supposed to be done) to get it all in during daylight.

yeah that'd be pretty ridiculous. Still haven't played red yet. So i'm hoping Intermediate for the doubles plays White and Red, although I did like blue

Red is the most fun course on the property IMO, great mix of tight tech shots and a couple that are more open but still punish bad shots.

yeah well we started with blue. Then went to gold. Played gold tees to gold pins, and on hole 7 I lost my first run nuke. The first disc I ever bought, and looked for it for about an hour and a half. I still deny that discs existance. Then we played white. We were gonna play red, but we were exhausted, so we went home.

Latest posts