• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Less flippy Underworld

the1discChallenge

Eagle Member
I currently throw a Tournament Underworld 172g, and I love its utility for tight wooded S shots and rollers, but it's a little too flippy for anything else. My fairway set up is a little exstensive, but I'm looking for something flippy that can be a roller possibly, but also that doesn't take too much effort to flip and more stable than the Underworld. (Between the underworld and 11x eagle L for stability) Any help is appreciated!

i found the Basic Laseri by Prodiscus to hold that spot for awhile. New it flew like a Worn DX Eagle, but after I banged it up it flipped too easily and became junky. I'm still working on getting the Premium to fly like I want it.

MVP Amp is flippy for me but harder to turn it into a burner, that's why i like it, the gyro makes them good for rollers. but if you like lat64 a river may work better for you, gold line if you want turn right away, opto if you want to to start straight and beat into a turner.

Last edited:
Get a nice ~170g GL River. They feel close to each other in hand, and flips much less. If released on an anhyzer, it will hold it though.

I'm glad to see DGCR is on the same page. You're looking for the River.

Similar feel in the hand as the Underworld, same glide, comparable speed, and it fits the flight path you're looking for as it's a notch more stable than the Underworld. I bag both, and they cover a lot of lines for me: River is the workhorse, with the Underworld being more of a specialty disc at this point (though I still love it). The two make a great tandem.

I agree with everyone. Get a 170 Goldline River or you can get an 170 Opto but make sure it's flat. I've got a 173 very domey Opto that never turns over, is very straight and glidey but always finishes with a little bit of fade. I keep both in my bag.

Prodigy F7 might be what you're looking for. Less stable than Lat 64's River, but more stable than an Underworld and just as long. Also, INNOVA's Roadrunner in Champ plastic works well for such a shot, albeit a bit longer/faster.

Prodigy F7 might be what you're looking for. Less stable than Lat 64's River, but more stable than an Underworld and just as long. Also, INNOVA's Roadrunner in Champ plastic works well for such a shot, albeit a bit longer/faster.

Be careful with the f7 I threw a friends and liked it so I got one mine is crazy flippy it really is only useful for rollers while my friends flies like a seasoned leopard.

I would think the Lat Fury might work well for you.

I thought this as well, but it is a bit faster than the Underworld. As a result, if you want to stay around the same speed class, I would also lean River, with a close, close nod to an S-FD.

Moving from near the US of an Underworld, toward a more stable line:

* Latitude 64 Diamond - Touch faster and in lower weights.
* Discraft Xpress - Touch faster
* MVP Amp - Quite a bit faster with some more fade
* Innova Leopard - Touch slower with less turn
* Legacy Patriot - Same speed with a touch less turn
* Latitude 64 Fury - Quite a bit faster with the same turn but some extra fade
* Millennium Polaris LS - Touch faster with touch less turn
* Latitude 64 River - Less turn with the same rough fade
* Prodigy F3 - Less turn with slightly more fade
* Millennium JLS - Faster with more fade
* Innova Dragon - Faster with more later fade
* Innova Cheetah - Slower with a touch more fade
* Discraft Zombee - Slower with less turn and more fade
* Discraft Eclipse - Slightly slower with more fade

After that, comparisons to the starting Underworld kind of get lost. My two best recommendations are either the Patriot or the River. Go with the Patriot if you think the Underworld is nearly the line you are looking for. Choose the River if you think the ideal flight path may be a bit farther away from your Underworld.

I personally use an Opto Diamond and a S-Line FD Jackal for this kind of shot.

Try a Stag - I have a 173 TP that fills the exact slot you are talking about. It is much closer to the Underworld than the numbers indicate, sweet disc.

Latest posts