• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

lets talk distance

ChronoDisc

Par Member
what disc can you just completely hurl down the course? personally i throw the champion boss but ive been looking into getting others. what are your suggestions?

what disc can you just completely hurl down the course? personally i throw the champion boss but I've been looking into getting others. what are your suggestions?

I just started throwing a Star Wraith, and its great! I also have a Champ Valkyrie that is finally broke in, and right now, that is my farthest flying disc.

My wraiths and Valkyries are my go to for distance. I've found that I like lighter weight discs. I seem to be more accurate with them and get more distance.

For me the Wraith, Valkyrie and Roadrunner are longest discs I throw. I think the longest throws I ever had came with a Helios. But it was so nose angle and wind sensitive that I was very inconsistent with it so I quit throwing it.

I have a couple of the Japan open R-Pro 150 gram boss that I am just bombing right now, I still have to throw some hyzer and throw it a little high but it goes forever my back hand is thanking me for it.

Up until the last week or so, I would say a toss up between my Sidewinder, and my roadrunner. But I've been pulling out my Monarch a bit more, and getting great results. I've been maxing at 320' or so, but have actually hit 350'+ with the monarch the last couple weeks. For an old guy like me, that's pretty good!

For those long hyzer shots I love my 175 Champion Boss, as far as pure distance my longest drive came with my 175 Star Wraith.

I second your distance. I am still laughing about #7 at Jack Brooks when I threw my Star Wraith, and then you threw your DX Wraith, and it parked right on top of my Wraith. I guess great minds think alike.

for me, it's either any teebird (if there's no wind or a wind @ my back), or rolling my beat in wraith. However, generally I will just throw a destroyer, because they are much more consistent and predictable.

I think it's really going to depend on who is throwing the disc. For instance right now my furthest flying disc is a toss up between my valk and wraith. I also just threw a monarch into the mix as well and I have been getting pretty good results, just not as consistent with it yet. I went out and threw a boss and have also thrown the destroyer, but I just don't have the arm speed to throw those discs yet. I think you just have to try a few discs until you see what works best for you and then you can work your way into the discs with the faster speeds.

Star Destroyer

I would definitely have to say that my 172 Star Destroyer is my go to disc for distance if you have enough arm speed it will fly forever

I don't have quite the arm for the Destroyer, but I keep one in my bag for throwing into the wind.

my pro valk when the wind is at my back and my dx destroyer or champ wraith otherwise. lately i've been snapping really well and my wraith is turning over way too much. i think i need to hyzer it.

For me it's either a Wraith or a Valkyrie. The Wraith probably produces the longest average distance, but every once in a while, if I hyzer flip the Valk just right, it'll beat my best shot with a Wraith. I'm thinking the Surge may be my next MAX-D disc, but I'm still learning how to throw it, so it's only just competing with the Wraith at the moment.

star destroyer is treating my very well lately, but my pro wraith is always one of my longest throwing discs...