• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

Glad you enjoy/enjoyed it so much conner, just wish it was more playable. Do you know if he/they have ever considered charging a large enough amount per round so as to be able to hire a grounds crew. Do you think 2 full time employees could handle the upkeep and be on premises(if necessary) while rounds are played? I would love to be able to play a round alone or with this one friend that sucks a much as myself.... oh well.:wall::wall:

I could handle a full time job of upkeeping a disc golf course on my own. Every . . . course maybe not, but many courses . . . perhaps I become an independent contractor hired by a county to maintain all of their courses. There is no way 40 hours per week are needed to maintain an entire course. I am honestly trying to work my way in to be able to sell my maintenance services to some parks that can no longer keep up with the maintenance. Parks that have relied on volunteers to do it for many years. That is the old way of disc golf course maintenance but fewer and fewer people want to put down their bags to help maintain a course . . . I want to offer my 20 year career in golf course maintenance and lawn and landscape design and maintenance to some of these parks. Let me charge for the course, sell discs and give a portion back to the parks to pay my own salary.

Not sure how well received it will be but I am pushing for it because I think it would work great. I just need the right equipment. Since I own a landscape company I currently have the equipment to use until I can afford more specifically for this venture.

Of the 23 courses I've played ~

NAD ~ Bremerton, WA
Lakewood King County ~ Seattle, WA
Whistler's Bend ~ Roseburg, OR
El Dorado ~ Long Beach, CA
La Mirada ~ La Mirada, CA

I could handle a full time job of upkeeping a disc golf course on my own. Every . . . course maybe not, but many courses . . . perhaps I become an independent contractor hired by a county to maintain all of their courses. There is no way 40 hours per week are needed to maintain an entire course. I am honestly trying to work my way in to be able to sell my maintenance services to some parks that can no longer keep up with the maintenance. Parks that have relied on volunteers to do it for many years. That is the old way of disc golf course maintenance but fewer and fewer people want to put down their bags to help maintain a course . . . I want to offer my 20 year career in golf course maintenance and lawn and landscape design and maintenance to some of these parks. Let me charge for the course, sell discs and give a portion back to the parks to pay my own salary.

Not sure how well received it will be but I am pushing for it because I think it would work great. I just need the right equipment. Since I own a landscape company I currently have the equipment to use until I can afford more specifically for this venture.

Mike,

Don't ask me to write you a letter of recommendation. I'd be forced to tell them the truth. That I think you'd be spending all your time playing and finding new courses to bag.

The Valkyrie Kid

Mike,

Don't ask me to write you a letter of recommendation. I'd be forced to tell them the truth. That I think you'd be spending all your time playing and finding new courses to bag.

The Valkyrie Kid

I can't believe it, but I think I would enjoy working on the course as much as I would playing it . . . making it as good as it can possibly be. I always would have the winter off which is no different than what i do right now.

I certainly cannot get enough of design. I have looked at one property 4 times in 3 weeks and have had an awesome time out there. I literally feel the adrenaline when I find a cool shot or nice hole. It probably doesn't help that I have had Anxiety disorder my entire life. I refuse to take drugs for it, I just want to learn how to deal with it on my own.

I walked another property today too . . . and once I get a little more info I will be knees deep in finding the best layout on that property too.

I love it all, I just want to make the game better and raise the bar in terms of design, installation, and maintenance.

I am not getting any better at the game now anyways, so I might as well take that childesh enthusiasm i had for the first 4 years and direct it in a way that will satisfy my craving for the game.

Don't get me wrong, I still love playing and I definitely still appreciate playing new courses as often as I can (I get the same adrenaline rush when I see that incredible shot, or the most beautiful hole carved out of nature).

Maybe I should have just been a hippie and I was transplanted to the wrong time in history.

Last edited:
My Fab Five:

Beaver Ranch - Conifer, Colorado

Whistler's Bend - Roseburg, Oregon

Sunset Park - Lewiston, Idaho

Crooked Creek Original 18 - Chapin, South Carolina

Riverside Park - St. Cloud, Minnesota

I can't believe it, but I think I would enjoy working on the course as much as I would playing it . . . making it as good as it can possibly be. I always would have the winter off which is no different than what i do right now.

NOPE! I'd put you in charge of maintaining some year around courses in Cali or some places. No more vacations for Mr. Harr! Just work, work and more work!

My Fab Five:

Beaver Ranch - Conifer, Colorado

Whistler's Bend - Roseburg, Oregon

Sunset Park - Lewiston, Idaho

Crooked Creek Original 18 - Chapin, South Carolina

Riverside Park - St. Cloud, Minnesota

Crooked Creek is one I also felt was super underrated. It had so many unique features . . . and I didnt even find the alternate 6 or 9 holes to the south of the rest of the park.

Flyboy
Bracketts
Castle hayne
Hawk hollow
Hornets nest

In no order

Mt lemmon temp course-tucson,AZ
Leviathan-michigan
Flip city-michigan
Lemmon lake courses-indiana
Meijer broadway-michigan

1. Sky High
2. Pier Park
3. Morley Field
4. Bud Hill
5. La Mirada

I am surprised to see Sky High has gotten zero love on this thread...

1. Winter Park - Kewaunee, WI
2. The Tailings - Iron River, MI
3. Blueberry Hill - Highbridge, WI
4. Powder Mill DGC - Marquette, MI (and baskets aren't even installed yet!)
5. Rollin Ridge - Brillion, WI
Honorable Mention - Watch It Bend DGC Berrybunch Acres (it's mine so I'm biased)

After reading Martin's top 100 list and seeing a few other top course lists, I'd like to see what courses other people think are the best. Most of us will never hit 100 courses, much less 1000, so we can't make as large a list. So, what are YOUR 5 favorite courses?

Mine:
1. The Lodge - Island Course
2. Dolese Youth Park
3. Noble DGC
4. Chandler Park - Moose Run
5. Pauls Valley Flightline

Pauls Valley just got demoted. I played McClure in Tulsa on December 22 and it moved up to #5 on my list. Just a really nice place to chunk a disc.

1.Flip city
2.kensington black locust..milford MI
3.oshtemo township..kalamazoo MI
4.hudson mills..dexter MI
5.Gordon Holton..delaware ohio
5a.Blue gill dgc..wayland MI

1. Noble DGC
2. The Lodge-Island course
3. Duncan Lake West
4. The Lodge-Moccasin Creek
5a. Dolese Youth Park
5b. Riverside Park (Tulsa)

You can tell I don't get out of Oklahoma to play much.

I also played McClure in Tulsa and Re-tire in Foyil on the 22nd of Dec. They are my new 5a and 5b

1. Z-Boaz - Benbrook, TX
2. Weatherford - Weatherford, TX
3. Shawshank - Huntsville, TX
4. Rosedale Down Under - Kansas City, Mo
5. Reedy Creek - Charlotte, NC

I Played the US Masters at Shawshank and also an additional tournament. Can't wait to play again. The last two are from Worlds. I really liked these courses and hope to play them again. I could easily find two more local courses but these came to mind as ones I enjoyed.