• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I am kinda surprised to see GGP ahead of Stafford.

Wish I lived much, much closer to everything on your list. :thmbup:

I loved them both, but as an aging discer I would probably play GG more frequently because it is less physically demanding, I played them in the summer and it was hot out a Stafford whereas GG is shady near the bay. GG is more scenic too.

I loved them both, but as an aging discer I would probably play GG more frequently because it is less physically demanding, I played them in the summer and it was hot out a Stafford whereas GG is shady near the bay. GG is more scenic too.

I can see how GGP would appeal to others in your situation. No doubt I will be there myself one of these days.

I just don't get too many opportunities to play in the mountains, which is why Stafford is a bit higher on my list.

All this talk about California disc golf while my current local temp is 10 really makes me want to head to the Left Coast ASAP. :D

I can see how GGP would appeal to others in your situation. No doubt I will be there myself one of these days.

I just don't get too many opportunities to play in the mountains, which is why Stafford is a bit higher on my list.

All this talk about California disc golf while my current local temp is 10 really makes me want to head to the Left Coast ASAP. :D

When you get out there be sure to make an appt to play Birds of Paradise. Stafford is a workout and BOP is it's big brother.

Stafford kicked by butt for sure. I am looking forward to a BOP style beatdown. :thmbup:

I hope our schedules work out whenever I make it back there.

1) Sugaree (NC)
2) Harmon Hills in TN (dam close to sugaree for me)
3) Hybrid Hills (NC) *my own temp course that combines the landscape of Harmon, Ashe County and Elk Mountain all into one 10 hole par 40 layout
4) Ashe County Park
5) Rockness Monster (NC)

This is showing no bias as to geographically region either, I have only played in NC, SC, TN and GA.. To prove it is not biased I have left out the very course I designed and built in Simple Pleasures out, I love it but it does not come anywhere close to my top 5

From my entire 'played' list, Non-Charlotte entries:

1) Fox Chase--Albemarle, NC
2) Grand Central Station--Central, SC
3) Trophy Lakes--Charleston, SC
4) East Roswell Park--Roswell, GA
5) Groves Park (The Mounds)--Oakridge, TN

Honorable Mentions: Tommy Schumpert Park--Knoxville, TN. This course is still a work in progress, but promises to be a beast, if the front 9 is any indication. Also, Stumpy Creek. Foothills, in Easley, SC is nutty, too.

Charlotte List:

1) Nevin
2) Hornet's Nest--Both Layouts
3) Renny Gold
4) RL Smith
5) Eastway

Honorable mention(s):
Bradford (probably needs to knock Eastway off, but Eastway is sort of my home course.)
Elong--The Angry Beev
Scrapyard.

1. Beaver Ranch, Conifer, CO
2. Horseshoe Canyon Ranch, Jasper, AR
3. Water Works Park, Kansas City, MO
4. The Lodge - Island Course, Pawhuska, OK
5. Thomas Park, Salina, KS

5th pick is my local bias....love me some Tunnel Shots!

3) Hybrid Hills (NC) *my own temp course that combines the landscape of Harmon, Ashe County and Elk Mountain all into one 10 hole par 40 layout

Sounds great,LMK the next time you set it up. Looking forward to playing it !

Sounds great,LMK the next time you set it up. Looking forward to playing it !

For sure buddy! Here in the next couple of years, fingers crossed that is, I can start working on a permanent course there. Its only like 5 minutes away from Mars Hill but once you get on hole 3 you seriosuly think you are in some kind of enchanted forest from the lord of the rings! It stays freakishly quiet up on that mountain and when we played it with just a little bit of snow on the ground there were bobcat tracks all over downed logs!!

Stafford kicked by butt for sure. I am looking forward to a BOP style beatdown. :thmbup:

I hope our schedules work out whenever I make it back there.

BOP will beat you up, but leave you with a smile on your face at the same time.

Pauls Valley just got demoted. I played McClure in Tulsa on December 22 and it moved up to #5 on my list. Just a really nice place to chunk a disc.

New and improved :

1. The Lodge - Island (Just an awesome course even without my favorite hole I have ever thrown)
2. Dolese Park
3. Noble
4. Northeast Lions
5. Chandler Park - Moose Run

All five are in Oklahoma. The Lodge is in Pawhuska, Chandler is in Tulsa, the other three in the OKC metro.

Sabattus DGC - The Eagle - Sabattus, ME
Bellamy Park - Dover, NH
BAP DGC - Gorham, ME
Desert Dunes Disc Golf - Freeport, ME
Woodland Valley - The Grizzly - Limerick, ME

1 - Stoney Hill - Prosperity, SC
2 - Trophy Lakes - Johns Island, SC
3 - Tyler State Park - Newtown, PA (Also, the Bucks County DGA has the best club atmosphere I have ever been around. This group gets it and understands and practices the correct way to run a club and tournaments. Thank you Marie, John, Rex, Joe and everyone else I met when I got to play there)
4 - WR Jackson - IDGC - Appling, GA
5 - Rollin Ridge - Reedsville, WI

Honorable Mention,
Leonard Park - Mt Kisco, NY (one of the most underrated courses I have played and best short course I have ever played)
Blue Ribbon Pines - East Bethel, MN
Grand Central Station - Central, SC
Foothills DGC - Easley, SC (one of the most underrated courses I have played)
Crooked Creek Park - Chapin, SC

flip is the best, hands down...and it doesn't cost $20 to play

1. flip city, MI
2. Lincoln ridge, KY
3. david imbrock memorial dgc, IN
4. winton woods, OH
5. holler in the hills, KY
(black bear park, IL is a close 6)

No particular order, aside from Flip City being #1.

• Flip City
• Burchfield (Original)
• BlueGill
• Shore Acres
• Mason county parks (Can't really decide between those 3)

1. flip city, MI
2. Lincoln ridge, KY
3. david imbrock memorial dgc, IN
4. winton woods, OH
5. holler in the hills, KY
(black bear park, IL is a close 6)

says the golfer that has played 23 courses. Sorry, with that flippy arrogance, just couldn't let it go.

^ I don't see the problem with him listing HIS top 5 played courses? Where is the arrogance? In claiming that it doesn't cost 20 bucks to play? :|

^ I don't see the problem with him listing HIS top 5 played courses? Where is the arrogance? In claiming that it doesn't cost 20 bucks to play? :|

Agree, besides many don't take the time to list all their courses. I have a handful listed, have played hundreds.

Latest posts