• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lists discs that are (arguably) best in base plastic

since proton is mvp's only plastic i'd say it's their baseline. so im going with the anode.

Roc, Teebird, Anode, River, Rhyno. I also like a DX Leopard, it's a disc I know will turn right (RHBH) and never fade back. I also like a seasoned D Drone that fits nicely in between my Rocs and Esp Drone.

I really like my Banshees in DX plastic. I keep a champ for a few specialty shots, but I like the flight of a slightly beat DX one better. DX Banshee is also the disc I've been able to get the best roller out of.

I'd also say DX Wraith deserves a mention - nice glide, flies like a seasoned premium Wraith out the box.

A DX Wraith is the only DX plastic in my bag, specifically for long water shots, 'cause it flies similarly enough to my Star Wraith.

All four Gateway putters, preferably Super Soft. Tough to pick a favorite between Voodoo, Wizard, and Magic.

Probably not much. Spirits were really good in S plastic. They were overstable and surprisingly durable.

Original Beasts were generally best in DX but the "Proline" ones were supposed to be good, too. The DX ones started off more overstable than regular Champ and beat in to be pretty controllable but still really long.

Lightweight DX Destroyers HAUL.

I would submit DX Stingrays (provided you can get the right mold). I know many people throw the Stars and old Champions well, but nothing is quite as magical as the long hyzer-flip, late turn of the DX plastic. Powered down, the DX Rays will flip up and hold a long, straight line with almost no fade. The glide on them pushes their distance potential into competition with fairways, too.

Agreed^^^:hfive:

I prefer to make stable discs fill understable duties so my standout favorites are my current Cyclone and fomer choice, XL. When i used xl's i complimented them with x avengers. In either case i want my workhorse driver to be able to flip up easy and have the ability to shape lines as a main trait. I personally try (maybe too much) to push my fairways on d so i appreciate the extra glide and seeming boost in distance.

I also like preds in x and want to try d tsunamis but i wouldnt say theyre their best plastic offering.

Challengers are a given. A beadless challenger is a thing of beauty :)

Latest posts