• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

longest birdie made?

jacob2918

Eagle Member
i play every hole par 3 no matter what distance. last week i made two amazing ( to me ) birds. the first one was around 310 ft yes lol my drive nailed a tree and stopped 15 ft from the teebox. so it was an awesome birdie with my 167 gr teebird. backhand. ....2 days later i birdie from 215 on a different hole with a 175 teebird front hand. just wandern whats peoples farthest distance?

I was playing Dolese with a buddy who wound up deep in the schule on #6 and bombed his second shot totally blind from about 200 feet, nailed the chains square.

I don't remember the hole distance. (Probably about 225'.) But the 100' "putt" (I stepped it off.) I can still see in my head. Slow, straight and deliberate with a 165 Element. If there hadn't been a hill for a backstop I probably wouldn't have gone for it. The possibility of stuff like that is why I like the game.

lol that would be awesome. i hada friend bomb one from 180 and set it in the basket witout hitting a single chain

280ft - Hole 8 at Coachman (blind dogleg left)
270ft+? (Hole 9 at Edmund Orgil - hit first row of trees on drive) - been some years back so unsure of the distance from there?
240 - Hole 1 at Coachman (hit tree over the walking path right on drive, hit 2nd shot)

This isn't a long birdie in the sense that I hit a long upshot, it's a long tough hole that is rarely birdied.

Hole #8 at Charlie Vettiner in Louisville is 369ft and starts out in the open with slight downhill. You have to throw a turnover shot (rhbh) into a 20ft wide tunnel that's around 200ft away. The tunnel is straight and about 150ft long.

This weekend I hit the gap and landed 45ft short of the basket on the right side of the fairway and nailed the putt!

That's the second time I birdie this one. The first time was a number of years ago, I hit it from the mouth of the tunnel about 150ft out.

Attachments

• CV_hole8_drive.jpg
    CV_hole8_drive.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 18
  • CV_hole8_approach.jpg
    CV_hole8_approach.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I made a 100 footer or so. Holes was a big left hand turn/spikehyzer to get around a tree/brush area. Wound up short right on the edge. Threw a half FH, half tommy up and around, hit a tree branch above and in front of the basket and CHING!

I dueced #7 long at Woodway park in Waco during a tournament. It's 582' downhill and there was a bit of a tail wind. My second shot was from about 200' out and I threw the Cryztal Z Challenger just trying to lay it up close and it accidentally went in.

I've also dueced the 445' #7 at San Gabriel a few times. It's one of my favorite holes.

Hole 4 at Murray's Central Park. It's a 305 foot hole. The first 200 feet are uphill with a ravine and heavy brush to the left. Then you've got a 90 degree left turn to the hole. My drive hit a tree before I got to the turn. So I had to throw a forehand around the corner, about a 125 foot shot. I thrw it and a couple of beats later heard chains. Both my wife and I said no way because we couldn't see the basket from where I threw. But we stepped around the corner and it was in the basket. It's the only deuce I have on that hole.

First birdie I ever had was because I had a terrible drive on a 300' or so hole, my buddies are laughing at me as they're like 260' up and I'm like 100' up.

I take a deep breath and throw my buzzz real flat. Smashed it into the chains and got the 2. They both missed their 2nd shot and one missed his 3rd. :)

\/\/

I almost got a 3 (which is considered an eagle) on hole 15, the 1001ft hole at Idlewild during the 2009 Kentucky State Championships. My second drive was sitting on the hill behind the basket to the left, just inches from the island green... out of bounds.

I've never been so excited to be OB in my entire life.

HAHA - Longest birdie I ever made is pretty funny, because due to a little grip lock problemon my drive....I turned a 180 foot hole into like a 220 foot hole, threw my second drive hurriedly, just trying to get it relatively close to the basket and I nailed it....it was beautiful and hilarious all at the same time...

my brother made a 405 in two shots over the weekend, groove off the tee for about 300 and a flx buzzz covered the rest

I know a guy that 2'd #8 (I think this is right, it is the longest hole at the course that I do know) at Lemon Lake Silver, the hole is about 850' and it is a blind pin. He didnt even know it went in

I almost got a 3 (which is considered an eagle) on hole 15, the 1001ft hole at Idlewild during the 2009 Kentucky State Championships. My second drive was sitting on the hill behind the basket to the left, just inches from the island green... out of bounds.

I've never been so excited to be OB in my entire life.

Ahhh, Idlewild. I took a drop in 4 on that hole the first time I played it. It wasn't quite so kind to me on subsequent rounds.

Latest posts