• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Plunked my pink Manala off a tree at Phil Moore (hole 12) today, and wound up slipping and falling in the mud trying to get TO the creek it rolled in. The mud was so slick, I couldn't take the time to retrieve it and still play on (tourney time limits). Gonna miss that disc, but not badly enough to get stuck in the mud today. If anyone does fish it out when the bank dries out enough to do so, I'd make some beneficial arrangement...

The orange star Destroyer I put in the pond on hole three you can keep. :\

The Crowley disc massacre of 2015

Played in the Crowley spring stampede this weekend and lost my go to finish stamp purple giant. I made it to hole 41 (out of 42) before loosing one. It was a bad weekend for disc. We had a freak downpour the night before that pretty much flooded the course. Disc that would normally be seen were not visible because of the extra water. The ankle high stream was rushing with just below the knee and had swelled from 3 feet across to probably about 7-8. For many people the current was so strong that disc weren't staying where they hit but floating down stream before coming to a rest. I know of one guy loosing 3 during the event and about another 10 people posting on the Facebook page the day after hoping to be reacquainted before the scuba divers sell them off. From what it sounds. There may of been about 40 disc lost that day. It was a bad day for plastic.

Lost my favorite White Lucid Renegade on the left side of Cedar Alley at Bradford Park in Charlotte last weekend. My son and i looked for at least 20 minutes and could not locate it. It has my name and number so if you find it please give me a call. This is my go to disc for straight shots.

So I must have left my favorite beat to hell pink wraith at the little 9 holer in Eagan, MN. me and the boy just emptied the bags and must have missed picking it up. Sad.

leaving discs behind feels worse than when you just have a bad drive into deep water... left a yellow motion at Paridise point last weekend on a road trip. 2 drives, the motion I parked(2nd drive) so I picked it up and put on top of the basket and walked to my other drive(well past the basket) for the putt. missed the putt: frustration. picked up putter & walk away. Not until I was at the next course in Astoria did I notice a disc was missing & then I had to tax my brain to remember when the last time I threw it was.

Well some orphans do find there way home. I just got back from picking a disc up at woodland mound that a friend of mine lost last week....

Lost a pink renegade at Paschal park , Mesquite TX . Name and dgcr number on lip of disc . Lmk if any of you find it .

Left behind an ace disc after some field practice - had actually hit two aces with the disc; one of them at Bowling Green Ams 2014. Had my name & number as well as many congratulatory messages sharpee'd on the back . . . get a voicemail from a girl (or a young sounding woman)- "Hey I found this disc. Looks pretty special." . . .

I called her and left voicemails 4 times. Never heard from her again. Why did she bother to call in the first place?????

My DD and Lat64 plastic seem to have become water seeking projectiles, 3 recently inRiggs park pond. A green Saint, Yellow Mace, and Grey Trilogy stamped Thief all went to quite possibly a final resting place since local authorities threw a fit last time I raked there. I also lost a 12x KC Teebird, pink, in the creek there but that was due to getting more distance on a drive I usually suck at. These were all on different days, most of them windy. Lessons learned I guess, those losses did cause me to change my grip and improve my form.

Northeast Creek Park... hole 16.. the woods ... deep in the woods is an Orange Star Mamba (171 I think)/didn't have name or number on it... (Sad Face). Bad throw and wind gust... yeah, a really bad wind gust sent it away into the bush.

I was at Devils Glenn in Bettendorf, IA.

Someone threw an orange blizzard champion Boss, wind must have took it for a ride over the creek and it landed in a crevice on a steep rock wall. I spotted it, took off my shoes and what not and hopped in, found a stick and stood on a rock in the water trying to get it. I was unsuccessful twice. I was finally done screwing around and I went home and grabbed a ladder. Grabbed my ladder and headed into the chest deep creek, threw up my ladder against the wall and started climbing up with a stick in my hand. Finally got it out and into my hands. Love the disc a lot, but I wish the person who lost it wrote their number on it. Have videos and all of my little escapade, was a fun time.

I never leave a disc behind no matter the challenge.

Took my sons over to Springfield IL for the day. Stopped by Scheels and grabbed us each a disc. We headed to one of the local courses where I discovered that my new proton tesla flies farther than expected, rolls very well, and sinks. I threw it three times, total. All three throws were beyond what I hoped for. The nasty rotten animal floating in the pond was almost as bad as losing a brand new disc.

I bought a new one just like it, and I love it.

Mailed a disc back to a guy a few states away. He had never played the course I found it at, funny how plastic travels. Promised me a disc in the mail, that was the end of March. I would have still shipped it back free of charge, but I haven't had anyone play it that way before haha. Either way others returned to happy owners taking the oath to pay it forward. Good luck to yall.

anyone know this person? found his champ eagle at Badlands in denver. contacted the sate coordinator too.

John JBC Chinnery #18881

I lost a blue sidewinder with my name and phone # in the leaves on the left side of hole 5 at Cedar Hills a few years ago in the fall. Looked for an hour to no avail. 3 years later my buddy noticed a guy had my disc in his bag and told him that he knew me. The guy gave it back without complaint. I was astounded to learn the guy had just found it a few days earlier. So that was a MIA that made it home.
Foolishly I let my son throw it over the pond and low and behold it was gone again. Apparently I am just not supposed to have that disc.

I lost a blue sidewinder with my name and phone # in the leaves on the left side of hole 5 at Cedar Hills a few years ago in the fall. Looked for an hour to no avail. 3 years later my buddy noticed a guy had my disc in his bag and told him that he knew me. The guy gave it back without complaint. I was astounded to learn the guy had just found it a few days earlier. So that was a MIA that made it home.
Foolishly I let my son throw it over the pond and low and behold it was gone again. Apparently I am just not supposed to have that disc.

You know what they say about blue disc....

Seems that my preferred method of losing plastic is during doubles rounds. Left this beauty on #16 at Veterans Park and didn't realize it until two days later when I went to play again. Offering a couple discs for it's safe return!

picture.php

left my gorgeous PPD2 at the valley today like a dumb****. hole 16, i think. if not 16, then between 17/18's fairway.

just bought it yesterday. awesome.

discmania%20pd2_zpspmcdpfee.png

So I was at the annual Memorial Day fundraiser at Cabin Creek, in Hamilton, OH. I was digging through the lost and found box and pulled an old Millennium EXP1 Experimental driver (will post a pic later) out of the box. I turned it over and it said CAM and a pdga number. Not thinking of another guy named Cam , I thought it might be a friend of mines. So I called a mutual friend to contact him and see if he was a PDGA member. As soon as I hung up it occurred to me to search the PDGA number, and it turned out to not be my friend's but Cameron Todd's. I looked on the PDGA site but it didn't have him playing the world's the year they were at that course. So who knows how long its been there. Does anybody on here know him personally? Maybe he might want it back as a memento wall hanger? Let me know or contact the course owners directly using the info on this site.