• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Unless you've got a dog to retieve them, floating discs are nearly as gone as sinking ones... I see it! ..... way .... out ... there...

On topic: lost 2x red champ roc3. Has my scribble and my brother's name and number on it. Hole 10, Rockland park, Front Royal, VA. Past the basket, somewhere.

heh... got a call today from someone that found one of my Japan Open discs at Katherine Legge. Saved him in my contacts as "Guy That Has My Japan Open Disc." I'll call him when I get out that way again. So funny...

Thank You Scott

I lost my first disc ever last week (a favorite) and after 15-20 minutes of searching I gave up (hard time constraint).

I received a call a couple of days later from an out of district guy who found it (thanks Scott) and I accidentally deleted his voice mail, so I pretty much gave up on ever getting it back.

Somehow, he got it to Mando's Pro Shop near the course and I accidentally noticed it in the 'in state' lost disc return rack today. If it wasn't front and center in the rack, it would have been lost forever.

Grateful and Thankful Guy, though I shot like a turd today.

Shanked a practice drive last night and found antoher disc while retrieving that throw. Texted the guy and turned out he lives 3 condos down from mine. Brought me a nice reward when he ran over to grab it. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 24
Gotta call last night from a Vegas number, turns out guy found my yellow Discraft Wildcat at some new course there. I've never been to Nevada and haven't seen that disc in 8-10 years.

I was playing with a group of 6 in Tulsa a while back. We played 4 courses that day. Finished up and it was dark, went to get a bite to eat. Uncle gets a call about a disc, someone found on Hole 4. He doesn't remember losing one, but might have fell out. Asks which course the guy found it, and which disc.

The disc was found in Northern California and was a disc that he'd only lost the week prior.

Someone had passed through Tulsa, found the disc, traveled to Cali, and lost it within a week.

Uncle let the caller keep it.

Kaposia has my Wraith! But....

I got a text the other day, Friday I think. Photo of my driver, and the message to pick it before they close for the season on Sunday. I couldn't reach anyone in time to go get it... what happens to found discs left at Kaposia after they "close for the season"? I will be up there again in the near future.. can I arrange to go get it?

Lost an mvp impuse today. Not a disc I cared a great deal about, but man it is getting annoying that I can't seem to keep an understable driver in my bag this year.

Star wraith, pro wraith, impulse, roadrunner, and a beast this season.

And now I'm out of flippy drivers. I'm going to have to forehand roll a pro wraith down the road tomorrow...

Lost my Tern in a pond yesterday, played a new to me course and threw it over a blind hill where I thought the basket was and apparently SPLASH!
Didn't find it in the weeds and can't see it in the water from the shore. Very soft mucky bottom, sunk into my knees, thought not worth it.

But still sad. :(

Janked a drive into trees lining the right side of the fairway yesterday. Disc disappeared into the trees, leaving only a wake of falling leaves. Couldn't find it--had no idea which way it might have caromed nor how far it carried.

Got a text late yesterday telling me it'd been found. He put it in the lost disc canister at the course, so I should get a call next time it's emptied. Woot!

I've found and returned/turned in many discs. I've lost a few in the past year or so, without getting any of them returned. It's nice to have one get found and returned!

Lost two today - both on extra (practice) shots taken after my tee shot I was scoring was safely in play (I played pretty well today otherwise)

One was a Champ Wraith which I could never consistently get to work for me that got lost in some thick brush. I hope whomever finds it can find a spot in their bag for it. The only reason I kept trying to make it work was that I really loved the tye-dye design on it
The second was a Trilogy Challenge Thief that deflected off a tree just out of arms reach into a small lake. It was resting on some reeds and I tried to retrieve it with my disc retriever. I thought I had it but it slipped out and fell out of sight to the bottom of the lake. I paid eight bucks for it and have a backup so I left it at that point.
I've only lost a handful of discs in my brief career (three or four tops) before today, so losing two in four holes sucked, but I played great today (broke my PB by five at this course - Micke Grove).

Lost my favorite Star Preflight Aviar Driver on Sunday at Zebulon. Was playing in a group of 5, 3 of us watched it land, spent 20 minutes searching in the tall grass but never found it.

Still new to the sport so I'm unsure what I should be doing here

Threw a disc over a fence that blocks off a large (currently waterless) drainage ditch. Said no problem and climbed the fence to get my disc back. On the other side I found another disc with a name and number. The course was pretty busy so I immediately texted them "found your disc" hoping they were still on the course.

A couple days went by with no response so I texted more details including the course I found it on, the type of disc, color, etc. and informed them that I would be playing the course over the weekend if they wanted to meet up (this was last week).

It's been about a week now since the first text and the weekend has come and gone with no reply at all. I have a buddy who is brand new to DG and only has a mid-range and putter and the disc I found is a mint condition driver, I'd like to donate the disc to him but I'd hate for him to lose it and then a week later the original owner starts replying then suddenly I'm the bad guy for not having his disc any more.

What should I do? I feel like I've made an honest effort to return the disc but I suppose it's still his.

You've tried. No answer after multiple tries and over a week, give it to the newbie.

So I went looking for my Tern last week (see above post) and didn't find it, did however find a Star Boss with name and # on it. So I texted him and he was so happy! He said in all the discs he lost he never had one contact him before. We couldn't arrange a meeting place because he lives in a different town now then when he lost it. I told him I would ship it to him on my dime, he said ok. Then the texts stopped, never sent me his address. Since I had his name I looked him up on fb, seen he was a disc golfer from his pics and found out where he worked on his bio. I was in the town he worked at today and stopped by his work. He was at lunch so I left it with a coworker who when I showed him the disc said "he'll be happy to get that back!" So I figured I had the right guy.
That was at 12:30 today, now it's after 10 and not even a thank you text.
did I creep him out by using social media to find him and do a good deed? Or is he just a douche?

did I creep him out by using social media to find him and do a good deed?

You mean stalk? If this was a girl you were into and you went to the same degree to contact her, you think she'd be excited to see you?

It's nice you texted and offered to pay for his disc. Once he stopped contacting you, effort is over. It's your disc.

Don't feel bad about using publicly available information to do what you felt was acceptable. If you were following the Golden Rule (ie: if your roles were reversed, and you'd be grateful if someone did this exact same thing for you), that's all that matters. Could be a million reasons he didn't express thanks (including a feeling of awkwardness). That's his choice. You just keep on Golden Ruling it & it'll be OK.

(I think, if we all lived in Mayberry, R.F.D., he might've asked his Aunt Bea to bake you a pie to say Thank You, but we live in Orwellian times, where doing a good deed is sometimes interpreted as creepy. oh well)

Back when I only had two discs, a champion F2 wraith that was as old as dirt and a beat Pro D Soft Magnet (quite the motley crew I know :D) I threw my beloved wraith into the woods. Looked for it for an hour to no avail. Two months later I stumbled across some league players and they said I could join them for the day. Another newbie who had never played with them before pulls out a disc and says "anyone thrown one of these before? My buddy gave it to me, he can't really throw it well" and it was my wraith!! So I told him and he was really cool about it and got it back. Three weeks later I griplocked the thing and it went into a pond that was barely in play, landing in 4 feet of water but I've swam for hours looking for it and can't find it. The second it left my hand I wished I had thrown another disc :wall: