• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Return Protocol

How is this thread three pages in??

Anyway, I always write my name on a disc in either blood or semen so my DNA can be traced if I see someone else throwing my disc on a nearby course.

I'm supposed to return and/or call the number on discs I find?!?!

Oh well at least the wife will stop complaining about all the acetone smell.

I call ya back and try to get it back to you if I find yours. Unless you're a touring pro. Then I say "piss off. You got plenty of plastic." Then I proceed to post it on Facebook Dollar Disc Golf Auctions and make sure to show the pro's name on the back. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

^^^ This has never, nor probably will ever happen btw. Probably...

I call ya back and try to get it back to you if I find yours. Unless you're a touring pro. Then I say "piss off. You got plenty of plastic." Then I proceed to post it on Facebook Dollar Disc Golf Auctions and make sure to show the pro's name on the back. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

^^^ This has never, nor probably will ever happen btw. Probably...

I found a sponsored pros disc on a road trip, contacted him when I got home, shipped the disc with no mention of reimbursement and heard nothing back. I contacted him again and he acted like he didn't know who I wad. I informed him and said I was checking if he got his disc back. He said "yeah, thanks".

I found a sponsored pros disc on a road trip, contacted him when I got home, shipped the disc with no mention of reimbursement and heard nothing back. I contacted him again and he acted like he didn't know who I wad. I informed him and said I was checking if he got his disc back. He said "yeah, thanks".

C'mon, you know you wanna...
:popcorn:

There's a third type, like me. I just leave them where they lie, if they have no info.

Fourth type:

I use focused solar rays to form the discs I find into seed pots for use at my organic community garden which donates and delivers by bicycle the bounty to veterans, the homeless, seniors, and an elementary school lunch program.

D-bag?

DenimBag.jpg

How many discs does it hold?

Just had a thought...there's always the possibility that he sort of took it as a jab. Sort of a "who wouldn't want to keep MY disc? I'm a sponsored pro!" kind of mentality. Oh well, who knows...

I mentioned on Reddit that I didn't throw my Ace Race Zombee at all, and would give it up. This guy PM's me and says "I'll take it." I send it to him (and pay for S&H) and nothing. I PM him like 3 weeks later and got a "Yeah, I got it." Nothing else... pissed me off. He acted like I was bugging him.

If you throw round plastic objects around water, trees and bushes chances are you will lose some of them. Get used to it and accept it that it's your fault the disc is lost.

My wife threw her renegade in the water at bicentennial a couple weeks ago. After swimming for 40 mins we had only found one disc and it was Brice Longerbone's. We got it back to him and he gave my wife 2 brand new renegades! One was even a dye max rainbow dd stamp. Awesome guy!

I just thought I should show both sides.

I think it's time to make a master 'returning lost discs' post, stickied.

I nominate Juke to pen that post.

Necrobump, specifically because I have a returned disc story to post and I want the choose the best thread to post it in. I searched and didn't find anything particularly to my liking so I thought I'd bump this one to hopefully get some opinions.

Oh, wait... asking for opinions on the internetz, probably a bad idea. :D

Necrobump, specifically because I have a returned disc story to post and I want the choose the best thread to post it in. I searched and didn't find anything particularly to my liking so I thought I'd bump this one to hopefully get some opinions.

Oh, wait... asking for opinions on the internetz, probably a bad idea. :D

Lets go. I want to hear the story.