• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Low profile stable-understable putter.

chickenonabun

Double Eagle Member
So I am losing hope about my driving with wizards, sometimes I can throw them great, but sometimes every throw the catch on my fingers causing massive OAT and turn n' burn. I have smaller than average hands. So I am looking for a low profile putter that is good for driving, that has a bit of smooth turn but isn't really flippy. I don't really care if it's domey or flat, and would prefer the slower putter speed (like wizard/KC aviar speed). I just got a zone for driving, and love the feel, I just want that similar feel in a less stable disc.

I've heard maybe the pure or magic can fit this role? Any other suggestions? thanks a lot in advance for helping me.

Magic is probably exactly what you are looking for... even though I've never thrown one. :)

I use a Summit, which is definitely low profile, but it has a good amount of turn to it. From playing with people who throw Magics, it seems pretty similar, but not as flippy.

yup on the magic. At least the flight, little shallower than the wiz. Eze pure after a few rounds to break it in may work as well. I have some girly paws too and the more i toss my pures the more of a chance that they are gonna get bagged. the shallowness of the pure is nice for the girly hands.

yup on the magic. At least the flight, little shallower than the wiz. Eze pure after a few rounds to break it in may work as well. I have some girly paws too and the more i toss my pures the more of a chance that they are gonna get bagged. the shallowness of the pure is nice for the girly hands.

Lol at the girly hands. I'm just pretty short (and still a minor) so yep I have girly hands. For those who have thrown the magic and pure (or other similar putter) If thrown flat with a clean 250 feet of power (with adequate height), how much right would they track and how much fade?

Xd or Classic Roc(might need a little beating in first.) Magic would work too, I would suggest staying on the firmer side. I find that the SSS can get flippy pretty quick.

Although I love the Pure and think that everyone should sleep beside one at night, I don't know if it's what you're looking for. It's lower profile and all, but it's a bit faster than what you asked about. There's a reason the Opto is labeled as a "short range driver".

Magic is nice but I use the vibram summit. It is a very controllable disc. I love it's durability. The other vibram discs re not under stable. Go with the summit.

U ever try a spider? Technically not aputter but if u held one u would be in love, perfect for your hands with the flight ur looking for.

I think everyone has covered the best answers already. Pure, Spike, and XD. I use the Zone and champ XD as my driving putters. I like the low profile putter as well and feel I can get a clean, powerful release with these.

Well after doing more research on the pure, they sound very good, I'll try an opto and eze sometime soon, and maybe a magic/XD. Thanks everyone for giving me your opinions!