• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Making Discs

innovadiscs71

I was just wondering if anybody makes their own discs? I would never consider doing it but i was going to see if anybody else does.

It's pointless for most people...you can't play tourneys with them..why play with them at all? and yes..very impractical

Discs are inexpensive, no need to make your own!

Oh I don't know, I took a manhole cover and threw it on my lathe, turned it down to PDGA-reg diameter and put a hella edge on the sucker ... NOW let's see about that tree that always seems to get in my way :D

(anybody have ideas on how I can get this pup to pass the flex test?)

(and oh, yeah, in case you're wondering, it weighs just over 625 grams ...)

You have a metal lathe?

Oh I don't know, I took a manhole cover and threw it on my lathe, turned it down to PDGA-reg diameter and put a hella edge on the sucker ... NOW let's see about that tree that always seems to get in my way :D

is it gummy?

Has anyone played a round using records before?? Im sure there would be a lot of breaking, but it could be fun for a drunk round or a fun round.

Sounds like you could have saved yourself some time, and just ran down to Sears and got a few of these. This must be a midrange because it says "General Purpose"

sawblade.jpg

Has anyone played a round using records before?? Im sure there would be a lot of breaking, but it could be fun for a drunk round or a fun round.

i once played a round while listening to nothing but break beats. It was funky.

I have tried. Way understable. They flip way to easy. Of course it was kind of fun seeing a Lawrence Whelk album shatter like that.:D

I have tried. Way understable. They flip way to easy. Of course it was kind of fun seeing a Lawrence Whelk album shatter like that.:D

You've actually tried it? Thats great, me and my friends were talking about it the other day during one of a rounds. It would be fun to throw random stuff instead of discs sometimes. haha