• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

it's not that touchy and the glide is great

I agree, I use the Mako3 on just about any throw that I really want to hold that line the whole way. Where my M4 will fade out a little at the end, the mako3 holds the line like a champ!

Just purchased and started using a Mako3, and I'm liking the results I see early on. Used it for a round with my bro the other day and tapped in on the first two holes using it. Used my Freak to drive and the Mako3 to approach. Sweeet combo.

To be honest, I have not been using it a lot recently. It glides really far but not as far as my teebird. It doesn't really fit as a mid for me or a fairway.

I have only thrown one and it was 181 grams.. it was very straight. Got it about 370 with a little turn on a hard throw.

Mine has a season on it, and yes it started to turn over on me this fall. It doesn't turn and burn, or turn real hard . Works nice and easy to the right and doesn't come back. Doesn't really turn enough to shape too much to the right. Not with my arm any way. But turns over easy enough that I don't ever throw it if any trouble to the right. Now that it has beaten in a bit, I can rip super low hyzer flips for about 250 on a string . I have average of 300 ft power with driver, and that is how semi beat mako III behaves for me.

The one i own is 172 and is slowly seasoning, when thrown flat it will turn left slightly and track (lhbh) all the way to the ground, ive been catching myself throwing it over a driver on holes that are 250-330 out and slightly to the left

Interesting... Gstar Mako3s are out. I have some stars and champs but I think these are new. Anyone thrown one? How do they fly in comparison to either of the other plastics?

Saw some at a store today, look and feel is nice, flatter topped than champ, not too flexible, close to GL appearance. They had 3 there. Can't comment on the flight vs other Mako 3 plastics though since I didn't buy one.

Interesting... Gstar Mako3s are out. I have some stars and champs but I think these are new. Anyone thrown one? How do they fly in comparison to either of the other plastics?

I could swear these have been out for a while but I might be confused by the Gstar mix makos they had months ago.

Not sure if there's another thread for this going or not, but how does the Gstar fly compared to the champ? Just picked up a nice pink champ with a gold stamp.

I have both and Like the G* better. They both fly nearly identical for me, but the grip of the G* is far better for me. I have dry hands and champion plastic and I don't mix well.

Thing I don't like about my champ is the inner edge of the rim is hella sharp. I need to take light sand paper to it. I use it on down hill shots because it glides for days with minimal effort on such shots but wind can really take it. Disc size is larger than most so heads up about that. I'm not very attached to it. I'd say if I had to lose a premium disc this would be the one I'd choose. Probably wouldn't buy again, at least in champ. Slips out early a lot.

I don't know if it's just me or what but I can't do anything right with my Champion Mako3 except for rolling it (accidentally or intentionally). With that hard rim it rolls so well, sometimes a little too good. I must be doing it wrong. I greatly prefer my newly acquired Claymore over my Mako3.

I don't know if it's just me or what but I can't do anything right with my Champion Mako3 except for rolling it (accidentally or intentionally). With that hard rim it rolls so well, sometimes a little too good. I must be doing it wrong. I greatly prefer my newly acquired Claymore over my Mako3.

Not sure what weight you are throwing, but I've found the max weights to have a nice bit of stability. Sure, you can turn them over just fine, but they aren't flippy out of the box like the lower weights.

I use my 180 Champ for dead straight shots to full on turnover drives. This disc is also my go to for stand still upshots just out of my putter comfort zone. It's very controllable and has a gentle fade for lower powered upshots.

Snagged myself a orange champ Mako3 and a pinky Star Mako3, both fly so dang straight, its amazing. Keepers these are

Latest posts