• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Man steals discs

We got one on video. Waited till the idiot came back to do it again, and had color printouts for the police. Amazing how the local community shunned him away from all events down to the bro'est weeklies, with really no encouragement from the store, sheer word of mouth. In fact the people urged us to keep the word out about him, so we finally made a little Wall of Shame poster.

My dad worked big retail in the 80s, and I used to LOVE his stories of the chasing team getting ready in secret, waiting for some shady fool to exit and seal the deal, then this whole group running after the shoplifter from all different positions, hiding in the parking lot and stuff. Times have changed... shady bastards haven't.

Or you could hurt the thief, and the company would also be liable.

Yeah the only time working retail jobs I've seen physical involvement is if they do something that can be interpreted as physically threatening to a customer or employee and it is usually management who does it. When I was working for a grocery store in Asheville, some guy was shoving people and knocking stuff over on the way out, they fought with the guy and when he tried to take off they slashed his tires with a boxcutter, he made it to the gas station next door and cops got him. LMAO

No, they probably train them not to stop people-at least thats how it was when I worked retail.

This. And then, if they're like where I work, they take inventory at the end of the year. When the place comes up $100,000 short because they provided zero security, they cut our hours.

Yeah, that makes sense.

(Sorry, I'm bitter.)

Where I grew up in Salida, Colorado lots of the stores used to actually post stills from the security cameras of the shoplifters right along the front of the checkout counter. My brother almost lost his job by boxing a gas and go in with his personal vehicle. The safest and 'laziest' and most company friendly way to handle this is to just observe and report. That way we can all pay more for purchases and employees can make less, all to cover the cost of thefts. Plus the theives' feelings don't get hurt.

dude must of been desperate for discs....

i was standing outside of a food lion one time with some friends. a guy came running by and a cashier from food lion was chasing him. we all took off after him and he crossed the road and started going down the train tracks. my friend daniel picked up a rock and hit the guy right in the back of the head knocking him down. we ran over there kicked him a couple of times and waited for the police.

dude must of been desperate for discs....

i was standing outside of a food lion one time with some friends. a guy came running by and a cashier from food lion was chasing him. we all took off after him and he crossed the road and started going down the train tracks. my friend daniel picked up a rock and hit the guy right in the back of the head knocking him down. we ran over there kicked him a couple of times and waited for the police.

Great ending to your story there. Proves that you AREN'T a badass. If you were, you wouldn't have had to wait for the police. Your kick would have kept him there indefinitely :D.