• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marketplace Entry Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone complaining about the $5 you have a month so sell 1 disc for $7.50, take off $2.50 for shipping and you have the $5.

cheapest postage is $2.80 + shipping supplies...

where are you shipping discs for $2.50?

but I also agree, This isn't to make the marketplace any safer... Sounds like an extra quick easy way to raise a "couple extra bucks"

I keep hearing.. "it's only $5 bucks"... "it's only $5 bucks!!!"

But $5 multiplied by the number of people actively using the marketplace is a LOT more than "JUST $5 bucks"

Good idea for sure. I've been ripped off in the MP so I'm totally okay with this idea.

I say the new threads will be reduced greatly. Lets say 20000 instead of 30000 :). 5 bucks for the holy grail of plastic does not seem that much. Also Timmy wont be making much after the first wave of signups so no one should complain about that. Do we get a cool avatar like a money sign or something like the Jester hat?

cheapest postage is $2.80 + shipping supplies...

where are you shipping discs for $2.50?

but I also agree, This isn't to make the marketplace any safer... Sounds like an extra quick easy way to raise a "couple extra bucks"

I keep hearing.. "it's only $5 bucks"... "it's only $5 bucks!!!"

But $5 multiplied by the number of people actively using the marketplace is a LOT more than "JUST $5 bucks"

What's wrong with supporting those who make this site possible?

What's wrong with supporting those who make this site possible?

Not sure i ever Said anything was wrong with it...
But Isn't that what becoming a donating member is for? Or clicking on banners at the top and buying from vendors that advertise here?

There's many ways to help out ;)

A) Any crown will get you marketplace thread creation privileges. So you can get the $5 or the $25 one and both will do the job as far as the marketplace is concerned.

B) For those saying "this is a money making thing", I said as much in the initial post while also adding it will add a little security (keyword: little). I'm not sure if you were expecting TSA-like cavity searches of all new sellers or something and the $5 certainly isn't making me rich. It's simply a deterrent... you can argue until you turn blue about how much of a deterrent (and some of you seem to want to, go for it!) but any way you slice it, it will prevent problems on some level.

C) ANYONE will still be able to buy, reply to threads, etc. This is only for posting NEW threads.

D) Even if 200 people signed up tomorrow, that's still only enough for a couple of months of hosting. It's not going into my Ferrari fund or anything exciting like that.

My cable provider gets advertising revenue from people who buy commercials on various channels they provide me. I'm sure the advertisers pay a plentiful amount for those spots, but they still charge me $57/month for the privilege of being able to watch those channels.

The amount of whiny petty entitlement on here just flabbergasts me.

I am fine with a fee, just to be clear. I am just discussing points.

using the greed of the cable/satellite providers as a point for your argument is a bad choice.

this site has made me a smarter and better golfer. the marketplace has made me a lot of money(and cost me a lot of money) and has made it possible for me to find what i want when i want it. ive also met some great people through this site. i think $5 is a silly low price to pay.

Now I'm just waiting for all the jester caps and beyond to start popping up next to all the people's names who said "5 bucks? That's NOTHING"

:popcorn:

Well I've already got a crown, so I don't care : )

Seriously, though, $5 a year to post sales threads is not bad by any means. I recently got involved with the PIF thread in the VIP lounge, and even though I was a newby they were willing to trust me because I had paid for a crown, so they figured I likely wasn't trying to rip them off. I see it working exactly the same on the marketplace.

You can still buy with out a crown, just not sell or post wanted threads.

If you are going to buy a crown, you should go silver or gold, it is a much better value.

You can still buy with out a crown, just not sell or post wanted threads.

If you are going to buy a crown, you should go silver or gold, it is a much better value.

for sure, go for the gold one, is actually way better than the others

i think the 5 dollars is a reasonable idea, but its going to turn into complaining to the mods and site owners if someone gets screwed. Ppl will hold the site accountable, like how everyone started complaining to discgolfplanet for the poor reception.

i think the 5 dollars is a reasonable idea, but its going to turn into complaining to the mods and site owners if someone gets screwed. Ppl will hold the site accountable, like how everyone started complaining to discgolfplanet for the poor reception.

I think everyone already pretty much knows that complaining to the mods or timg about a transaction is pretty pointless, unless the person is a repeat offender/scammer, and then they seem to get banned.... i.e wareagle

It seems wrong to have people making money on TimG's site site without having paid anything for that.

Well as previously mentioned this site is mostly user-generated content so while people aren't required to pay money for the site, they also contribute the content that keeps people coming back to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts