• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeasts Signature Disc

i wouldnt, but this is innova we are talking about. They will put out anything that they think will sell.

they might change the stamp nut i think dedicating another disc to him isnt smart. they have too much young talent that they will need to find discs for. after all isnt the plan to have their young guns rule for the next decade?

well Im glad I had him sighn some of his team innova PnA aviars for me before he moved to florida. were all stoked on his win! and are looking foward to see him come home to Huntington Beach. he is a very cool person and Im lucky to have played with him on many rounds!

dude throws so far and throws a lot of light weight stuff

what weight are his putters? both the dx pna and the kc

Still though if someone wanted say, a Whippet, they wouldn't give it away.

Sure things like the Raven and Peaguses that KC had aren't made anymore, but they are things like the whippet that are still produced.

Players don't get sig discs just because they win Championships, they get them if they'll help sell more of that type of disc than if it didn't have a sig. For example, I think a well known person like Billy Crump, Crazy John or Schwebbie could help sell discs with their sig on it. But the manufacturers wouldn't do it so their star sponsored players wouldn't get upset.

Maybe Kenny could get the Sonic added to his line of sig discs. He was using a pink one for several approaches. That could probably boost sales of that disc.

Last edited:
Maybe Kenny could get the Sonic added to his line of sig discs.

That would be a pretty good marketing trick. That'd probably push me over the edge and get me to buy a lid/catch discs for my bag :thmbup: Could be a hit with the Master's crowd too.

I think McBeth is an awesome player but I don't see his name on a disc selling me on any of Innovas molds that I don't already throw. I guess maybe it could help with the regular production Star/Champ Dominator, if that ever comes out. McBeth is a pretty dominating player...Is it weird that Innova hasn't released those yet, and it's not even listed in their discs menu? Seems like the disc would be in a position to really compete with the Nuke if it was any good.

I heard they are rolling out a new disc for him called the &J.
Rumor or link available?

Anyone know what disc he's waving here:

mcbeth-wins.preview.jpg

That would be a pretty good marketing trick. That'd probably push me over the edge and get me to buy a lid/catch discs for my bag :thmbup: Could be a hit with the Master's crowd too.

Don't be surprised when Discraft comes out with a premium plastic Lid type disc. The guy form Discraft busted Big Jerm with Star Sonic at HN Saturday, and they had a little chat about how Discraft needed to make something similar. :D

As far as McBeth goes, why can't they just give him a special run of the Aviar P&A with the plastic and feel that he likes? Make them all in his favorite color and with a special stamp that he approves of. Seems like that would be a better solution than tying up disc with somebody's name on it that may or may not ever do anything again. One good run and done, at least until he wins a few more before giving him his signature line.

Last edited:
As far as McBeth goes, why can't they just give him a special run of the Aviar P&A with the plastic and feel that he likes? Make them all in his favorite color and with a special stamp that he approves of. Seems like that would be a better solution than tying up disc with somebody's name on it that may or may not ever do anything again. One good run and done, at least until he wins a few more before giving him his signature line.

WOW....a Libertarian who makes sense......whod da thunk it? :p

I messaged Paul about commenting on this thread, hopefully he does. It would be cool to hear his thoughts. I also thought it was interesting that someone who works at Innova here on the west coast commented on this thread and didnt give anything away or lean us in the possible right direction. If its about marketing Paul would be great and he's young and is having a great year with multiple NT wins and top finishes. He will be a staple in the game as long as he wants. Im curious to see what he would want.

i think the easiest choice on both sides would be a special batch of aviars made specifically for him. between the different configurations and plastics you could have a handful of aviars for various players, somewhat similar to how gateway has a variety of blends of plastic. without seeing any kind of sales numbers i would guess that putters sell fairly well across the board, and if you find one you like you typically stock up and buy more.

most of their good driver molds already have signatures on them (leopard, eagle, teebird, firebird, destroyer, boss), so unless somebody wants to take a gamble on a new disc hoping it will sell their options might be a bit limited. does anybody know if the schusterick stamped cfr pds are a one time thing, or will production pds have his name on them too?

right now the pd would be the best disc to go after in my opinion, as long as it's not off limits due to will.

Latest posts