• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3's

i switch to dx roc3s and the p2 for putting. Im happy and my wallet is happy too :)

Considering he really isn't throwing the McPros these days... this seems like an unlikely situation.

If "he" is Paul McBeth, I think he threw a McPro Roc3 in a tournament earlier this year, so he apparently does still carry at least one in his bag. He may have taken it out by now, also.

But the Proshop has not had any McPro Roc3s in quite a while, and while some of that can be explained by the special stamp runs of McPro Aviars, it might also have roots in McBeth not asking for any more McPro Roc3s....

Cause its a different mold in a different plastic?

Considering he really isn't throwing the McPros these days... this seems like an unlikely situation.
I am pretty sure he mentioned them during his commentary at the La Mirada. I also believe the commentators also mentioned the mold in the first or second round of the GBO. You can argue that it's not a good business decision until you are blue in the face. But I would put 50 bucks down that says when/if the McPro Rocs come back in stock they sell out inside of 48 hours if its a limited stock.

If "he" is Paul McBeth, I think he threw a McPro Roc3 in a tournament earlier this year, so he apparently does still carry at least one in his bag. He may have taken it out by now, also.

But the Proshop has not had any McPro Roc3s in quite a while, and while some of that can be explained by the special stamp runs of McPro Aviars, it might also have roots in McBeth not asking for any more McPro Roc3s....
Still doesn't explain the lack of Aviars, right? I do remember them being in stock towards the beginning of the year, if I am not mistaken. They are due!

I am pretty sure he mentioned them during his commentary at the La Mirada. I also believe the commentators also mentioned the mold in the first or second round of the GBO. You can argue that it's not a good business decision until you are blue in the face. But I would put 50 bucks down that says when/if the McPro Rocs come back in stock they sell out inside of 48 hours if its a limited stock.
(I like the discs and would like them to be in stock. i'm just trying to spitball a reason as to why innova would not be keeping them in stock.)

(I like the discs and would like them to be in stock. i'm just trying to spitball a reason as to why innova would not be keeping them in stock.)
It's lost on me, too, to be honest. It seems like easy money but meh. It is what it is for now, I suppose.

I have a couple of KC Roc's. They're nice, but I love the flat top beefy rim on th Roc3 and I love the XT plastic. And I've read the McPro is similar to that so I want McPro Roc3's or XT Roc3's. I'm probably one of few that want that so innova won't make them. No market for it. Or. Paul chooses which tour discs they release in his name, which is why the Nova is on there right now as his tour disc and the McPro Aviar was on there earlier in the year. He probably has a big say in the decision.

McBeth and Wysocki did a rock-paper-scissors match, best of 3. If McBeth won, he would have asked Innova for Roc3s. If Ricky won, he got to have his own mid just like McBeast.

The Compass is a nice disc i hear.

But I would put 50 bucks down that says when/if the McPro Rocs come back in stock they sell out inside of 48 hours if its a limited stock.

Considering they release in small batches to keep demand high, especially in the first couple weeks, that bet's not really fair.

That's like saying, "I'll bet you $50 that I can jump anywhere on earth and gravity will keep me from flying out into space."

I believe he mentioned that he had Champs seasoned into the roles he'd be using the McPros for and didn't need more. Then his bag got stolen, and he needed to replace those discs fast. Of course all of this is DGCR-speak so take it for what it is.

This is ostensibly true but not really the whole story. Paul used to bag McPros for just the flippiest shots. After the memorial and the 2015's came out he started throwing a ton of them to replace his old champs but also because the 2016s were much more stable and versatile then the 2015s. He had as many as 7 ITB at worlds and a bunch at the USDGC too. I know he's still carrying at least a few, but they've been playing mostly open courses so they don't get thrown much. I'm fairly certain that a) McBeth still carrys and uses the McPros a lot and b) they will be available again this year.

I don't really know WHY they haven't been available.

This is ostensibly true but not really the whole story. Paul used to bag McPros for just the flippiest shots. After the memorial and the 2015's came out he started throwing a ton of them to replace his old champs but also because the 2016s were much more stable and versatile then the 2015s. He had as many as 7 ITB at worlds and a bunch at the USDGC too. I know he's still carrying at least a few, but they've been playing mostly open courses so they don't get thrown much. I'm fairly certain that a) McBeth still carrys and uses the McPros a lot and b) they will be available again this year.

I don't really know WHY they haven't been available.

Making it up as you go along, peebs? 7 McPros in his bag at a tourney, lol. Like he needs 7 putting putters? R U nuts? Try pulling up McBeth ITB videos of last 4 years, enlighten yourself. BTW, he only uses McPros for putting, and uses S-line P2's and Nova's as throwing putters.

What tbird said is true, in fact one of McBeth's ITB videos talks about this very thing...bag stolen and having to rebuild it from scratch quickly.

When's the last time Paul was on this site? It would cool if he would weigh in on this. I'd really like to hear from Dave or Paul on why they're so stingy with the McPro stuff. Although that will probably never happen. Ever.

Making it up as you go along, peebs? 7 McPros in his bag at a tourney, lol. Like he needs 7 putting putters? R U nuts? Try pulling up McBeth ITB videos of last 4 years, enlighten yourself. BTW, he only uses McPros for putting, and uses S-line P2's and Nova's as throwing putters.

What tbird said is true, in fact one of McBeth's ITB videos talks about this very thing...bag stolen and having to rebuild it from scratch quickly.

And given that you didn't even read what the thread was about before leaping in to criticize someone else and call them names, now you just look like a troll. Pbmercil wasn't actually disagreeing with tbird; he just said that the 2015 McPro Roc3's were a bit more stable than earlier runs so Paul was able to use them in more slots other than just the understable slot when rebuilding his bag after the theft.

His post mentioned "McPro's", not McPro Roc3's. But okay, 7 McPro Roc3's in the bag for a tournament? Really? Just as crazy. He bags at least 3 champ Roc3's(no, not 7, lol), where are all the McPro's suddenly coming from?

It's a bigger stretch to go from "McPro" to assume Aviars in a thread about Roc3s. And as for where the McPro's are suddenly coming from, just as Pbmercil says he's had them at least since 2015 World's (although we all know he's started using them since at least 2014). He has them because they get beat in quicker than his champion ones, and thus they can fly at slightly different lines (which of course, he is capable of consistently hitting). And he would have many back ups at World's in 2015 due to all those water hazards.

I think you referred to his "latest ITB", but that one was Feb 2015 when he last had 4 champ and 2 McPro (I mean of course, Roc3s here, and not Aviars). The actual "latest ITB" was actually in August (https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/3qlb3q/paul_mcbeth_2015_usdgc_in_the_bag/?) at USDGC where he has at least 4 McPros in his bag.
Pbmercil was referring to World's (https://www.reddit.com/r/discgolf/comments/3gh7f7/mcbeths_worlds_itb/) around June/July 2015 where he mentioned he has 9 McPros (again, Roc3s, not Aviars here).

FYI...Mcbeth's latest ITB video shows 4 champ Roc3's and 2 McPro Roc3's.

Nope. 3 champs and 4 McPros were what he carried at the 2015 USDGC. Supreme flights Facebook page has the video if you don't believe me. I'm also pretty sure a new ITB will be coming out soon on Jomez Prosuctions youtube channel.

Non of this is remotely on topic or the point at all. I just wanted to counter point the people implying that McPro roc3s (because Appearantly I need to specify the mold....) wouldn't be available because Paul doesn't throw them anymore isn't accurate as far as I can tell.

When's the last time Paul was on this site? It would cool if he would weigh in on this. I'd really like to hear from Dave or Paul on why they're so stingy with the McPro stuff. Although that will probably never happen. Ever.

I think Paul stopped posting after he got into a couple of flame wars back to back around here. One was SW22 saying he had a better forehand then him and the other one was AFTC saying he would have won the 2014 USDGC if he didn't throw thunderbirds.

In other words, DGCR ruins everything