• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Roc3's

cdunlapb12

Par Member
Does anyone know about how often Innova releases new tour discs? I'd really like to have a McPro Roc3 and don't want to pay exorbitant EBay prices. Or would I be better off with a few DX roc3's?

Does anyone know about how often Innova releases new tour discs? I'd really like to have a McPro Roc3 and don't want to pay exorbitant EBay prices. Or would I be better off with a few DX roc3's?

I really don't understand why Innova is not making and selling more McPro Roc3s and McPro Aviars. They sell very well, and while I'm not expecting large production runs, they should be providing SOME discs... or else we ARE going to look elsewhere, and by the time they make more we've gone another direction. Frustrating for us, but I really don't understand Innova's (lack of) thinking on this one...

I believe McPro Roc3 throwers will be surprised how similar Zero Hard Maces are to the Roc3's. I have both, and I can tell you there is almost no difference in the shape of the disc. Zero Hard has a very similar feel to McPro except a tad harder and, in my opinion, more resilient.

I really don't understand why Innova is not making and selling more McPro Roc3s and McPro Aviars. They sell very well, and while I'm not expecting large production runs, they should be providing SOME discs... or else we ARE going to look elsewhere, and by the time they make more we've gone another direction. Frustrating for us, but I really don't understand Innova's (lack of) thinking on this one...

$$$$

That's my point... Innova is NOT making money by NOT making and selling these discs. Third party vendors may make boatloads on Ebay or the DGCR Marketplace, but Innova won't be bringing in that coin. Only by making and selling these discs will Innova make green dollar bills on them.

In the past it's taken some time to get all the Tour Series discs out, and the McPro Roc3s were the slowest to be released last year (probably because Paul had mentioned not wanting to throw them...before his bag got stolen at the Memorial). I imagine Innova's not sitting on 100,000 blank Roc3s that they can slap a stamp on and list. Seeing this complaint is anything but common.

Learn from the past...if you want to throw McPro Roc3s, save your money and buy a stack for the year plus a couple extras. You'll get free shipping (can't wait for the "it takes a week to get them" comments), Paul will get a decent amount of money to use for travel, and next year you won't have to complain that you need to restock but Innova's moving too slow.

I wasn't really trying to complain, I just thought it was odd that such a popular disc and plastic wasn't being put out more often. Also it's frustrating when people buy them all up and re-sell on EBay for 50 bucks each. But that's capitalism I guess.

I'd be happy with an XT Roc3 as well if it's easier for them to do. The DX just wears so quickly and is hard to grip in wet conditions. Also I didn't realize that Paul mentioned not wanting to throw them. Did he say why?

I believe he mentioned that he had Champs seasoned into the roles he'd be using the McPros for and didn't need more. Then his bag got stolen, and he needed to replace those discs fast. Of course all of this is DGCR-speak so take it for what it is.

Just be patient. When they're released, the first couple weeks releases will go fast (if you can get in on them, buy, buy, buy!). After that they'll be easy to grab for regular prices. Buy as many as you think you'll need for the year (plus two) at that point. Then next year, if you have any left over, you can sell a few off at a premium so you can restock for next year. Lather, rinse, repeat!

I'd be happy with an XT Roc3 as well if it's easier for them to do. The DX just wears so quickly and is hard to grip in wet conditions. Also I didn't realize that Paul mentioned not wanting to throw them. Did he say why?

Hmmm, the XT Rocs on the Innova Factory Store are all flat tops, so they're a lot like Roc3s. They might be even more flat than most Roc3s. If that's what you're looking for, check those out.

I wasn't really trying to complain, I just thought it was odd that such a popular disc and plastic wasn't being put out more often. Also it's frustrating when people buy them all up and re-sell on EBay for 50 bucks each. But that's capitalism I guess.
The disc is popular. I'd argue the plastic, however, is not. They probably sell 50 Champ Roc3's for every one McPro.

Seems like even McBeth took them out of his bag once his Champ's got where they needed to be.

I'm glad I grabbed a stack when the first run came out because the availability has been spotty at best.

In the past it's taken some time to get all the Tour Series discs out, and the McPro Roc3s were the slowest to be released last year (probably because Paul had mentioned not wanting to throw them...before his bag got stolen at the Memorial). I imagine Innova's not sitting on 100,000 blank Roc3s that they can slap a stamp on and list. Seeing this complaint is anything but common.

Learn from the past...if you want to throw McPro Roc3s, save your money and buy a stack for the year plus a couple extras. You'll get free shipping (can't wait for the "it takes a week to get them" comments), Paul will get a decent amount of money to use for travel, and next year you won't have to complain that you need to restock but Innova's moving too slow.

I agree with that. Won't complain about "it takes a week to get them"... if only we can get them! I'll definitely "stock up" if and when new McPro Roc3s come out.

The disc is popular. I'd argue the plastic, however, is not. They probably sell 50 Champ Roc3's for every one McPro.

Circular argument: They're not selling McPro Roc3s, but that is because there are none to buy (at the Proshop, anyway).

I'd also debate the popularity of McPro plastic; IMHO it's well-liked and would sell well in many molds if they were made in it. Maybe it's a difficult blend to produce so they only make it when McBeth needs more discs.

(/soapbox)

Easy to do since they release 50 champs for one McPro.
Which is just smart business. Champ type plastic is much more popular than Pro type plastic in almost every case.

I would definitely like to see more molds in McPro. Teebirds especially!

Last edited:
I'll definitely have to check out the XT Roc's. I'm just in love with the Roc3 and how it feels in my hands. Seems like they're slowly working into the full line of plastics. I kinda wish they would focus more on truly usable discs like the Roc3 and less on warp speed drivers. I'll also look into that Lat64 disc in zero hard to see how I like it. I'm not very familiar with their line up.

Which is just smart business. Champ type plastic is much more popular than Pro type plastic in almost every case.
I don't know about that. KC/DX rocs still sell fairly well. The problem is that it is easy money during tour season. When McBeth throws a stellar shot the immediate thought is "Ooo what was that?" If the answer is a McPro Roc3 and there aren't any to buy? Missed sales opportunity every time. The same goes for the aviars. They have that beadless mold in every single plastic combo you can think of except McPro! You can't argue "smart business" when they stock Yetis/JK's and don't stock McPros.

Why not get some KCPro Rocs instead?
Great disc, but I believe there is enough of difference between the two to warrant the desire to throw one over the other. One has significantly more glide and less stability out of the box.

Speaking only for myself, there are differences between these plastics. And I'm not knocking the KCPro in any way, but I like the McPro's feel and flight better. (One could ask why not DX instead of McPro, as well, and it's a similar situation...)

Cause its a different mold in a different plastic?

When McBeth throws a stellar shot the immediate thought is "Ooo what was that?" If the answer is a McPro Roc3 and there aren't any to buy? Missed sales opportunity every time.
Considering he really isn't throwing the McPros these days... this seems like an unlikely situation.