• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Medium Pure

I just got two in the mail today and the mediums seem like a great blend. It feels like a slightly stiffer
R-Pro and should beat in just fine. As for the split stamps, they really dont do anything for me.

I switched over from P&A Aviars to Medium Pures last week. First serious round with them was a 27 hole fund-raising tourney and I won Intermediate for the first time. And my putting (with my new Pures) was the reason why. The plastic is mega grippy even in the wet conditions. Firm and reliable. I'm sold!

I got to use mine for the first time Friday. I think I still prefer TM2s.

Out of the box, the medium feels a lot like Gateway's SS IMO. It's definitely still pretty stiff with some grippiness. This is generally what I prefer. The main thing I don't like right now is that the underside of the rim feels very sharp, making it hard to get a comfortable grip. I'm sure with some use that will go away though. At this point, the TM2s just feel a little better to me, especially in cooler weather.

When the warmer weather returns, I bet I will have a very different opinion of the Medium.

Still haven't got to throw mine yet. Rain all day yesterday and today, will probably total at least 3" or more when it is done. The flashing on the underside of the rim is quite sharp and noticable, hoping it will wear off quickly. The grip feels very nice too.

I really like my soft for putting but when it gets really hot it's just too flexible. How stiff are these? I don't really like stiff putters but I'm thinking these might be good when it's warmer and they soften up a bit. I wouldn't mind interchanging a soft and a medium for putting based on temp, instead of switching over to my magic. Thoughts?

They are firm but flexy if that makes sense. Dont have any "soft" putter expirence to compare it too, I perfer super stiff ones. The grip is nice and tacky and it feels good in the hand. These things still beat up pretty bad like ZHard plastic. It shows every mark and chain hit by denting and turning a lighter whiteish color. I have used mine a little bit, don't know if it will make the bag. I am currently putting/approaching with a ZeroHard Mercy.

I got to use mine for the first time Friday. I think I still prefer TM2s.

Out of the box, the medium feels a lot like Gateway's SS IMO. It's definitely still pretty stiff with some grippiness. This is generally what I prefer. The main thing I don't like right now is that the underside of the rim feels very sharp, making it hard to get a comfortable grip. I'm sure with some use that will go away though. At this point, the TM2s just feel a little better to me, especially in cooler weather.

When the warmer weather returns, I bet I will have a very different opinion of the Medium.

I threw mine on some smooth asphalt for a bit, just a nice flat throw and a little slide for some tuning. Then sanded that sucker down when I got home after my rounds!

Mine had a LOT of flashing in the bottom of the rim (that I removed) and on on the parting line :thmbdown: (left it there). My Mercy's were perfect from the get go, smooth and beautiful! :thmbup:

Last edited:
They are firm but flexy if that makes sense. Dont have any "soft" putter expirence to compare it too, I perfer super stiff ones. The grip is nice and tacky and it feels good in the hand. These things still beat up pretty bad like ZHard plastic. It shows every mark and chain hit by denting and turning a lighter whiteish color. I have used mine a little bit, don't know if it will make the bag. I am currently putting/approaching with a ZeroHard Mercy.

I have not tried ZH yet and probably won't. I have my soft putters strictly for putting and never drive or approach with them, so wear/abuse is really not a concern. But based on your description of the medium I'm thinking it might be what I want for the really hot days. I love the texture and grip on the soft - much more so than my sss magic even, so if the medium is even remotely close to the soft in terms of texture, I think I might be in business.
A month ago I thought I had my putter lineup all sorted out. Now I've got an opto pure and a rhyno to audition for drives and approaches and possibly another option for in the circle putting with these mediums. Ugh. :)