• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mention of Disc Golf in Parade Magazine

My friend geocaches... it seems super boring.
I have heard people say the same about disc golf, so to each his own I guess.

The biggest problem I have around here trying to get people to try disc golf is trying to get people to go outside when its over 80 degrees. Everyone says to me "You play in this heat?!" I played yesterday , and it was 95 degrees at 5pm, and I am still living. Just drank plenty of water and Gatorade, and I was fine.

Here I am disc golfing like a chump when I could be sphere riding.

I bet if you look around, you can find a magazine devoted to it. To quote the late, George Carlin:

"Any activity in this country, that is engaged in by at least 4 people, has a F-ing magazine devoted to it."

That would great signature if anyone wants to steal that. Just please quote me on it.

sphere riding sounds like

1413506458_2228ff1271.jpg

I bet if you look around, you can find a magazine devoted to it. To quote the late, George Carlin:

"Any activity in this country, that is engaged in by at least 4 people, has a F-ing magazine devoted to it."

That would great signature if anyone wants to steal that. Just please quote me on it.

I'll steal the part under the quote. :D

And geocachings exciting the first time, but there's too many ways to cut corners to make it interesting to me at least.

Geocaching sounds hot.... booty in hidden containers!

there was a full page article on the World's tourney in my local paper. Barry Schultz was putting in the picture (i still think they should have shown a drive, not a putt, but whatever)

I always try to get my non-DG friends to go disc golfing with me and they say it sounds boring. One day i proposed geocaching though and they all got hooked. For a few weeks we would always go geocaching, with a group of like 5 of us. Yet somehow they won't try disc golf? Like Naldoxcore said, it's fun the first time but after that, meh.

I always try to get my non-DG friends to go disc golfing with me and they say it sounds boring. One day i proposed geocaching though and they all got hooked. For a few weeks we would always go geocaching, with a group of like 5 of us. Yet somehow they won't try disc golf? Like Naldoxcore said, it's fun the first time but after that, meh.

Good for the one experience or taking kids, but definitely not worth investing a GPS in. Also, sphere-riding=zorbing. You can't buy a bubble either, the company doesn't sell them. The other ones are knock-offs. Now that I think about it, those things would probably pay themselves off after a few weekends if you found a good location for it and charged $15 a ride or something.

Also, should I make a thread about new sports to try?

Latest posts