• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Message board distance

I've never really exaggerated my distance. However, for the last year or so I've been losing distance and accuracy. Wish I knew what was going on.

Oct 2009 - All my main drivers (EagleX, TL, SL) going between 340 and 380 with minimal effort and about 85% accuracy

Now - All main drivers going 330-350 with little accuracy. Although the accuracy is cuz I'm messing with my form trying to figure out where the D went.

I saw Val throw 400' uphill this last weekend. That is no damn lie.

I threw that same hole and maybe got half that. Also true.

Later that same round I threw 475'...again, no lie...I also went OB and hyzered a DX wraith into the concrete from probably 100' in the air...true....it is verrrry straight now.

I've seen tons of people get on here and claim they bomb one 500ft. , yeah right. There are only a handful of people in the world who can throw air shots over 475', and i'd say 3/4ths of the people who can throw over that are sponsored by a disc company.

Until you've seen Matt O, Shcusterick, Double G throw, you ain't seen nothing.

Agreed. I don't think I have ever posted my average distance...but it is around 290. I can get out to about 330 on a good pull, but I rarely ever try to throw as far as I can. I just laugh when I hear all the "I am pushing 500" comments. Middle Tennessee has some really good players and I have never seen any of them over 400 consistently.

Why would anyone lie on a message board on the interweb? That's just crap!

I'm not sure if I have ever claimed to throw a particular distance here, but this year my max D is in the 300'-325' range. In perfect conditions with a tailwind, I can get to the 330'-340' range but without accuracy or consistency.

One day, with the helpful tips from everyone here ;), I hope to break that 400' mark.

If I am able to improve my game, that's a plus for me. I just don't have the time to dedicate enough consistent practice in order to become a touring pro. That will certainly change if/when I win the lotto or publisher's clearinghouse.

At the end of the day, my main goal with this great sport is FUN.

He who has the most fun still wins, right???

I once stepped off a disc (TeeBird) on an open field hole and thought it was 450'. For a couple of months I claimed that I could throw a TeeBird 450' and I was not lying. I later stepped off the same distance and got 350'. Woops. At the end of that field there is a tree at 410'. I have thrown past that tree three times. Once with an esp nuke, once with a pro Boss and once with a Champion Destroyer. On a football field when I empty my bag I can get about half my discs to 370' consistently but rarely get much past that. I have parked a few holes that were marked at over 400'. Hole #1 at Old Settlers Park for instance but it's downhill.

I have been able to out distance 90% of the people I have ever played with yet I've seen some of those same folks on here claiming to throw 450' consistently.

bill-brasky.jpg

I once stepped off a disc (TeeBird) on an open field hole and thought it was 450'. For a couple of months I claimed that I could throw a TeeBird 450' and I was not lying. I later stepped off the same distance and got 350'. Woops. At the end of that field there is a tree at 410'. I have thrown past that tree three times. Once with an esp nuke, once with a pro Boss and once with a Champion Destroyer. On a football field when I empty my bag I can get about half my discs to 370' consistently but rarely get much past that. I have parked a few holes that were marked at over 400'. Hole #1 at Old Settlers Park for instance but it's downhill.

I have been able to out distance 90% of the people I have ever played with yet I've seen some of those same folks on here claiming to throw 450' consistently.
So we're supposed the believe the admitted liar?

i can make putts from 10 ft, sometimes...

my 8 month old drives 100ft already!!

hmmm.... 350 tops with a tailwind and downhill and shoulder dislocation... average probably about 240-270 depending on the disc, but watch out for my buzzz there mister big arm behind the tree having to putt through the shule....