• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Just some updates on some things in process:

Ketchum Park (Marshall): per a facebook message, they have a six hole "beginners" course in the ground with no plans to expand beyond this this year. I haven't decided whether to leave the listing and update the hole number or to ask timg to RIP the course (or delete)

Red Arrow Golf Course in Kalamazoo. Held a charity event a couple weekends ago and introduced foot golf and disc golf. I don't know if the disc golf course is still there as there is no mention of it on their facebook page like there is for foot golf. I have a message out to them and will updates accordingly.

Mott Park in Flint. Tourney on a temp course on august 20th. There has been no mention of a permanent course on the old ball golf course.

Boom Park in Muskegon wil be a 10 hole (space constrained) course at Richards Park near the causeway between N muskegon and muskegon (in the shadow of the cobb plant). This park is NOT on google maps and can be tricky to find if you're not a local. They are looking for helpers to help install the course by Labor Day weekend. See the SweetSpot facebook page (Or, Donald Jensen) for more info on helping.

There are 12-13 new holes cut and marked. The all important bog bridge is in place which will link the new loop.

Another walkthough is happening next week. Moving along nicely. Yes it will probably be 2x18.
Thanks for the update! :thmbup:

>>Red Arrow Golf Course in Kalamazoo.<<

I believe I saw Larry LaBond say it's there for good, is $5 to play (as is the ball golf), and they'll be identifying Disc Golf tees in the near future. I think DG'ers tee from the ball golf tees now. There is one par 4 ball golf hole, so that ought to be a long one for us!

i'll probably wait to update/add this one until I hear back from them. I learned my lesson from Ketchum

Same here for the U.P. Big things coming for next year though, stay tuned.:thmbup:

What region of the U.P. may I ask? I know Marquette has their first sanctioned tourney this year but thats all I know.

I've been working with the city of Ironwood to plan a 9 hole beginner friendly course, it will be officially proposed on September 5th, things are looking up for this. And of course Mountain Man's second course is in the works.

That's all I got for the U.P.

What region of the U.P. may I ask? I know Marquette has their first sanctioned tourney this year but thats all I know.

I've been working with the city of Ironwood to plan a 9 hole beginner friendly course, it will be officially proposed on September 5th, things are looking up for this. And of course Mountain Man's second course is in the works.

I believe the al quaal upgrade is the biggest news.
Superberry is my contact for the yoop

This can go here, right? I'm so stoked about it, don't care!

15 min drive from downtown Detroit will be the 18 hole course in Tecumseh, Ontario at Lakewood Park. Baskets have been ordered and are getting a fresh red and white powder coat finish in California as we speak! Front 9 will be a fun red level layout and the back 9 will be a white level layout. Mach III colors will both be extremely Canadian as well as match the intended skill level of the layout. Hoping to have it playable by late fall, stay tuned.

15 min drive from downtown Detroit will be the 18 hole course in Tecumseh, Ontario at Lakewood Park. Baskets have been ordered and are getting a fresh red and white powder coat finish in California as we speak! Front 9 will be a fun red level layout and the back 9 will be a white level layout. Mach III colors will both be extremely Canadian as well as match the intended skill level of the layout. Hoping to have it playable by late fall, stay tuned.

Definitely keep us updated. I didn't get this damn enhanced licence for nothin'! ;)

Wonderful news, Scott! I know you've been working hard to make this happen. :clap: Keep us posted!

Definitely keep us updated. I didn't get this damn enhanced licence for nothin'! ;)
Right there with you! :hfive:

Last edited:

A lot of good things are happening in Escanaba that don't necessarily get reported here, for various reasons. The Noc Bay Flyers have a 27 hole course in the works, and we have very ambitious plans for the complex, and many sponsors willing to back us. We recently had a very successful Discanaba C-tier tourney that really blew us away with the amount of support we got, and continue to get, from the community. The Flyers also participated in a huge kids back to school fair in Escanaba, and we had over a hundred kids come through our disc golf demonstration course. Good things are coming to Delta County in the next couple years. Stay tuned.

A lot of good things are happening in Escanaba that don't necessarily get reported here, for various reasons. The Noc Bay Flyers have a 27 hole course in the works, and we have very ambitious plans for the complex, and many sponsors willing to back us. We recently had a very successful Discanaba C-tier tourney that really blew us away with the amount of support we got, and continue to get, from the community. The Flyers also participated in a huge kids back to school fair in Escanaba, and we had over a hundred kids come through our disc golf demonstration course. Good things are coming to Delta County in the next couple years. Stay tuned.

Thats awesome!! Yooperman was at Mountain Man's in June and was informing me of that tourney.

One of these days I'll get out there, a bit of a drive but I WILL make it happen one of these days, even if it has to wait till next summer.

Thats awesome!! Yooperman was at Mountain Man's in June and was informing me of that tourney.

One of these days I'll get out there, a bit of a drive but I WILL make it happen one of these days, even if it has to wait till next summer.

Yooperman was me, I changed my user name recently. We would love to have you come over and check out our courses, just let me know and I'll give you the grand tour.:thmbup:

I wonder if Escanaba area disc golfers have run into hypnotized DNR officers wearing no pants while on the course...