• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Sigh.....I hope he reconsiders that decision. Dbags are gonna be dbags, regardless of the social media platform. I had sent a message to DGS mods to remove the post, no response yet. Many of us do not use facebook. I don't even have a good way to get an address or get ahold of Wild now. If you have a chance to chat with him, after he cools off, I hope you can pass along mine and many other disappointment, at seeing the course removed from DGS. There are TONS of great golfers that appreciate and enjoy private courses. I hope those very few dbags don't get to ruin it for everyone.....then they win.

Drove by on US131 on Monday. Could see several baskets still in place. Hope it stays that way.

The rich keep getting richer. MI disc golf is legit. Now if we could only do something about that pesky lake that's in my way 😡

Did you hit Kinglsey last time through? Ru4, Future and I played both courses last weekend. The new course is coming along. The fairways are bumpy and need smoothed out but the foundation is there, all kinds of sweet shots.

Did you hit Kinglsey last time through? Ru4, Future and I played both courses last weekend. The new course is coming along. The fairways are bumpy and need smoothed out but the foundation is there, all kinds of sweet shots.

I did. Played the new one first and got about 5 holes in on the original before a storm moved in. Came back and played the rest the next day. The Bears den almost had a Colorado kind of look to it on some of the holes. Both were really fun courses.

I did. Played the new one first and got about 5 holes in on the original before a storm moved in. Came back and played the rest the next day. The Bears den almost had a Colorado kind of look to it on some of the holes. Both were really fun courses.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Pine trees and pine needles on the ground, hilly, not much shule, fairways are still fresh dirt and haven't grown much grass. It's a unique park and set of courses, the terrain is not typical of what you'd expect in Michigan.

Relative told me about a new niner at our Aunt's 100th birthday party tonight. She's still sharp, and hilarious at 100! :thmbup: :)

Park name is Green Acres Park, in Hazel Park, MI. Looks like it went in a few months ago.

https://www.dailytribune.com/2021/06/23/disc-golf-course-opening-in-hazel-park/

Not listed on DGCR or U Disc yet.

Gonna try to get out there with my son next weekend, or possibly even after work this week.

Last edited:
Question for anyone near Holland: Has Helder Park ever been discussed for a course? We stopped there and it is just BEGGING for a course...

Maybe a temp course tourney?

https://www.hct.holland.mi.us/departments/parks/helder-park

Why not contact them yourself? The parks master plan gives you an opening.

Some programs indicate a need for evaluation due to low participation, rapidly decreasing participation
rates, or both. Evaluation should determine if these programs could be saved or revived through
better advertising, a change in venue, or other modification. Programs include:
• Adult Disc Golf

"You know, a big new course in Helder Park would revive Adult Disc Golf."

Got word of a new 9 hole course in Whitmore Lake. I will work on getting some additional info.

Just played it. Located in Northfield Community Park. 1st tee is behind the Post Office. Two sets of tees, marked by red or white markers about 6" tall. Next tee arrows after every basket.

Legit holes that make you actually shape a line with a decent mix of open/wooded. Not in the Convo for best niner on the country, but it don't suck. It's a decent course, but definitely holds water in spots.

Will list it and put up a review when I get a chance.

Just took a quick drive over to Boardman Park in Taylor. It is listed on DGS already. This is what I found.

Course does not have baskets, at this time. Tee pads have been poured and are huge and look great. The park seems to be clay based and was holding water in Nov. Looks like a canal of sorts has been dug around part of the park to manage drainage. It has been very wet, so this may change seasonally. Holes seem to work around the parameter of the park, making use of a nice hill. There is a walking path that seems to come into play, but it was hard to see the exact flow for lack of baskets. Pro and Am pads on most holes. There is a picnic shelter and playground on site. Looks as if it is dog friendly. (obviously on a leash and cleaned up after) There were garbage cans in the park. This area is begging for a course and this looks to be more than a pitch and putt venture. The holes looked interesting and longs seems to present a challenge. I am dying to give this course a play. I will try to update, when baskets are put in place. Going South on Telegraph, turn right on Haskell St, right before Home Impressions Furniture, past Tim Horton's.

^ Thanks for the info. Wonder when the baskets will be installed at Independence Green (Farmington Hills)?

Full disclosure:
I revised Whitmore Lake from 2.5 to 2.0.
I really thought they did a great job for that parcel, but 2.5 just didn't sit right with me. It's still a solid beginner course and exactly the type of course that are didn't have.

But I have Wagner and Starr Jaycee at 2.5. I can't pretend it's as good as those.

^ Thanks for the info. Wonder when the baskets will be installed at Independence Green (Farmington Hills)?

Full disclosure:
I revised Whitmore Lake from 2.5 to 2.0.
I really thought they did a great job for that parcel, but 2.5 just didn't sit right with me. It's still a solid beginner course and exactly the type of course that are didn't have.

But I have Wagner and Starr Jaycee at 2.5. I can't pretend it's as good as those.

I have talked to a couple players that have been out to the Whitmore Lake course. I was kind of surprised at your 2.5. But, I agree....the area could use a beginner course. Maybe pull some families off of Indy or HM on a Sat afternoon.

Guessing that baskets have been pulled at Toboggan by now.

I had a rare weekday off in late October and was considering making the trek. Just too much driving for one day though. Went to Peoria and got my a$$ kicked by Northwood Black instead.

I've wanted to play Toboggan for years now, but it really didn't make sense for me this time. 5 hour vs 9 hour round trip should have allowed for a lot more golf. My legs didn't get the memo though. Did a 9 hole warmup, 18 holes at Northwood Black (shorts, but still easily top 3 for hardest course I've played), and then limped through 10 at McNaughton before giving up. First time I can remember cutting a round short for a reason other than prior commitments, lightning, or complete darkness. Left knee was screaming at me and I was getting slower every hole.

Anyway back on topic: Really hoping the powers that be liked the results of having Toboggan open all of October. If so, I'll be sure to get a couple days off and make the trip next year.

Anyway back on topic: Really hoping the powers that be liked the results of having Toboggan open all of October. If so, I'll be sure to get a couple days off and make the trip next year.

If you're planning a trip from far away like you are October is a WAY better time to play the Tobog than the summer months. The shule is still a problem but not as bad, the weather and humidity obviously by October is far better too. But also there is a lot less of the ticks come mid October. Unfortunately the Tobog comes with ticks so always keep that in mind.

Just took a quick drive over to Boardman Park in Taylor. It is listed on DGS already. This is what I found.

Course does not have baskets, at this time. Tee pads have been poured and are huge and look great. The park seems to be clay based and was holding water in Nov. Looks like a canal of sorts has been dug around part of the park to manage drainage. It has been very wet, so this may change seasonally. Holes seem to work around the parameter of the park, making use of a nice hill. There is a walking path that seems to come into play, but it was hard to see the exact flow for lack of baskets. Pro and Am pads on most holes. There is a picnic shelter and playground on site. Looks as if it is dog friendly. (obviously on a leash and cleaned up after) There were garbage cans in the park. This area is begging for a course and this looks to be more than a pitch and putt venture. The holes looked interesting and longs seems to present a challenge. I am dying to give this course a play. I will try to update, when baskets are put in place. Going South on Telegraph, turn right on Haskell St, right before Home Impressions Furniture, past Tim Horton's.

Very cool thanks. A lot of standing water in the Google homepage pics for the park, reviewers also said the park does have a mosquito problem. That might be part of the reason why it's not a very busy park (per the reviews) despite the location. Either way it's another course in my radius so bring it on, we are all used to getting less than ideal land and parts of parks that aren't suitable for much else besides throwing frisbees.

If you're planning a trip from far away like you are October is a WAY better time to play the Tobog than the summer months. The shule is still a problem but not as bad, the weather and humidity obviously by October is far better too. But also there is a lot less of the ticks come mid October. Unfortunately the Tobog comes with ticks so always keep that in mind.

My son and I made the 2+ hour trip over to Toboggan for an October round with BogeyNoMore and it was WAY, WAY better than playing it in the thick of summer. If they continue to put the baskets in for Octobers in the future, we'll be making an annual trek for sure!

Found a recent flythrough of this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnZO7kvsho

I just added it to the directory. I'll see you in the spring...on the short tees. :D

Hole 1....a 575' water carry?????? With a sketchy bail out?

Par threes look to be forehand lines only?

The course is a behemoth. Nice mix of more open than wooded. Some cool landscaping around the pins. Lots of water in play. Looks like a stunning piece of property.

Annual party out past Kzoo every August, guess I will take Friday off.