• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Millennium Tank-Panzer

well, i'm currently rolling with the breaker, but the plastic is a little slicker than i'd like. love the low profile for skips, though. it is truly overstable.

was hoping for something that would start off with a reliable fade when used for 300' and under, but doesn't want to necessarily dive left on a hyzer release. more stable/overstable than just pure overstable.

so maybe what you've been saying is about what i'm looking for. basically something between my breaker and my opto pure. right now i'm trying a ridge to replace my opto pure and take that no-turn-with-some-fade spot; failing that, an ion (though i hate the rim on that thing and i don't think i'll be able to throw it well).

and i assume we're talking about when released flat.

I got a couple of these Tanks in the mail and I will say, I am impressed. I have been contemplating throwing my beadless pro Rhyno for some time now, but it is so collectible that I didn't want to throw it. This allowed me to get a Tank that was a little stiffer than my R Pros and my gummy champ, but still nice and grippy like the Pro that I've been thinking about throwing for so long now. They fly great, and as a Tank thrower for a few years now, I am impressed. The mold does appear to be a little different though, there is a slight curve in the bottom of the wing, where the old ching tanks had a micro bead, and the Innova Tanks had more of a straight/flat beadless aviar wing. I will say that I think at least one of these is going to stay in the bag, thank you Hyzer Bomb for bringing back one of my favorite putters of all time!!

so let me get this straight...

the Tank is a beadless rhyno and the Mortar is a Gator with a microbead?

and if the Panzer is also a beadless rhyno how is it different from the Tank?

so let me get this straight...

the Tank is a beadless rhyno and the Mortar is a Gator with a microbead?

and if the Panzer is also a beadless rhyno how is it different from the Tank?

Plastic maybe? the panzer I held was stiff and grippy but people keep talking about the same plastic on a tank but its more gummy and flexy...im so confused about this whole panzer/tank deal

I heard the Panzer has a higher dome. Someone with knowledge please chime in because Im going to order a couple of these when they get to my retailer.

I found out that the Panzer is a different bottom mold and a hair less stable. I also think the only place to get them is from Hyzerbomb. I was hoping DGC would have them so I get free shipping and 10% off.

Straight from the top:

"It was originally going to be less stable than the tank. Think tl to a teebird. Fl to a firebird. But production was off from the protos and came out more stable than the Tank."

It will only be the first run Panzers that are more overstable than the Tanks. The stock run will be correct.

so what is the bottom mold? i think that's what people are more or less asking

I need to order these, now that they are available at:
http://www.http://infinitediscs.com/category/hyzer-bomb/

Okay, that was a cheap plug. But I am pretty psyched that the Tank is making a comeback. I'll also try the Mortar, but it better be a world-beater if it wants to kick my M1 out of my bag. And the Panzer/Tank confusion...I actually can't wait to sort it out myself. Looks like the Tank has some high speed turn, so it will be interesting to see how the non-first run Panzer's perform.

I need to order these, now that they are available at:
http://www.http://infinitediscs.com/category/hyzer-bomb/

Okay, that was a cheap plug. But I am pretty psyched that the Tank is making a comeback. I'll also try the Mortar, but it better be a world-beater if it wants to kick my M1 out of my bag. And the Panzer/Tank confusion...I actually can't wait to sort it out myself. Looks like the Tank has some high speed turn, so it will be interesting to see how the non-first run Panzer's perform.

That link was broken for us?
Let us know what you think, we would like some feedback. Especially for the new FrontLine-X plastic that has a gummy flexible feel to it.

Ill repost this here. Here is a write up i did on these a little while ago. Since then i have fallen in love with the panzer. Throw it very often and it is so crazy predictable in any wind/situation.

Pink is a panzer and white is a Tank.
Tank is much gummier than the panzer and completely flat
Panzers have a touch more dome except for the whites they ran those ones are just as flat as the tanks. Definitely stiffer than the tanks. i would say dx aviar vs jk pro aviar for the tank as far as flexibility. Both are straight with a hard turn at the end but to me the panzer feels better in the hand mainly because i prefer stiffer discs. Although i was loving the tank today for forehand upshots to sloping greens. Hit and stuck every time.

I'm in the same boat as Jesse^, the Panzer has definitely made the bag. Its very predictable. You can crank on it into a headwind and it just goes straight forever with a nice fade. The Panzer I have is a flat/white one, so I can't speak for the domey ones yet. It pairs nicely with my Cryztal Zone. If I want a Zone flight, but no skip, I reach for my Panzer.

Latest posts