• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Milwaukee area disc golf

waynewf

Double Eagle Member
Hey everyone, I am going on vacation back home to Milwaukee and was wondering what the good courses to play are. I moved away in 2003, so back then it was pretty much just Dretzka and Valley View unless you wanted to drive down to Parkside...which I may not want to. I see that there's a course at Dineen park now as well.
Anyway, I was just looking for some local updates and if there were any new courses or if any courses get heavy traffic.
I also may be teaching my mom and her boyfriend to play, so any recommendations for where to take beginners would also be greatly appreciated.

Dretzka is a very nice and now is 27 holes i would go there and brown deer park is one of the hardest and nice courses i have played. Dineen is ok really long and lots of walking from hole to hole. all the courses i have played up there r pretty hard but lots of fun

Let me know when and if you would like to meet up with me to play any of these courses. My schedule is tight though so it may not be easy but if it works I'd be happy to make it work.

In order from best to still pretty darn good:

Brown Deer
Dretkza
UW Parkside (Kenosha) (18 old holes and I think 9 new are done and 9 more new in the process)
Tendick Nature Park (Saukville)
Valley View (New Berlin) short and wooded
Village Park (Sussex)
Lime Kiln (Grafton)
Milwaukee County Sports Complex

I would highly recommend Lime-Kiln for a beginners course or maybe more so a course you would want to introduce the possibilities of DG to. It is only 9 holes, so you will not wear a noob out, but it has awesome variety of a kind that will inspire, but not discourage.

Brown Deer is a world class course for 950-ish skill level players.....an absolutely fabulous course for middle of the road tournament players. I do not think it is ever crowded (other than when tournaments are there). Make sure you play this one....but print out a map and bring it with you.

Dretzka. Is. Amazing. If you play one course in Milwaukee, play there, and play all 27 through twice, from long teepads too if you're feeling daring. Be sure to play 11 off the top of the hill as well.

Brown Deer is a very tough course, frustratingly so at times, and quite long. Dineen sucks if you like technical challenges.

Parkside is also 27 holes, and the original 18 have almost all been redesigned since 2003, so itll be a new experience. Fabulously maintained. Valley view is valley view, short and technical.

Sussex is ok, but its a bit of a drive out into the sticks. Tendick is good, but same issue with the driving. I hear good things about Lime-Kiln htough ,from many people

Dretzka & Brown Deer are the two big ones to for sure hit, maybe Parkside as well. Have fun, and if you are at Dretzka on Tuesday between 530 and 830, look for me. I play in the 6pm leagues, and Ill be the only one with a purple Revolution bag and a black Arizona State baseball cap. happy discin

Let me know when and if you would like to meet up with me to play any of these courses. My schedule is tight though so it may not be easy but if it works I'd be happy to make it work.

In order from best to still pretty darn good:

Brown Deer
Dretkza
UW Parkside (Kenosha) (18 old holes and I think 9 new are done and 9 more new in the process)
Tendick Nature Park (Saukville)
Valley View (New Berlin) short and wooded
Village Park (Sussex)
Lime Kiln (Grafton)
Milwaukee County Sports Complex

I hereby recommend both of those. :p

Dretkza and Brown Deer the best. Tendick better every time I play; including last month; kudos to their club. Lime-Kiln one of the better nines anywhere; and near Tendick. Lime-Kiln also has a wonderful finishing hole involving the lime kilns.

Just got back to Colorado from a trip to West Bend. I played Villa Park in West Bend which is a good, short 9-hole course which would be easy for beginners and also played Tendick which I really liked save for the lack of any real elevation change.

It was extremely windy there though which made the open holes treacherous. If you play it and find my buddy's white DX Valk in the shule there let me know!

Latest posts