• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MILWAUKEE: New Course in Spring!

There is a fundraiser for this course being held at Dretzka Winter course supposedly to be held on February 20th (saturday). If you want to help make it a reality come play the fundraiser to raise some money for the course. I will update this when I hear more details.

I haven't lived in Milwaukee for about 6 years, but I used to live on the east side off of Humboldt and Capital...I really don't think a course at Estabrook will be bad at all....but then again, it is Milwaukee, so I could be wrong.

By New Berlin, i assume you're talking about Valley View...I was home last summer and they had totally changed that course from the one I remember...is it still there? Are the residents still complaining? Never have I been harrassed by so many cops, so many times, while playing disc then I have at Valley View.....

Yes, VV is still there and I finally played it last summer and thought it was a great technical course. Looking forward to playing it again a few times this year but will get there REAL early on a weekend to beat the crowds....

Yes, VV is still there and I finally played it last summer and thought it was a great technical course. Looking forward to playing it again a few times this year but will get there REAL early on a weekend to beat the crowds....

Play it now, well not now now because there are probably tons of sledders there, but in the winter it is nice because there are so few people there. Just make people aware of your presence on 1, 15, and 18 so you dont hit anyone.

Play it now, well not now now because there are probably tons of sledders there, but in the winter it is nice because there are so few people there. Just make people aware of your presence on 1, 15, and 18 so you dont hit anyone.

Thanks, I was not sure if the course was even open. Wish I could be there for the course fundraiser but i'll be out of town.

Just joined the GLDGC today! :)

Since you cant make the fundraiser you could certainly come out and join in one of the work days. I plan on being there for sure for a work day, since I have volunteered a lot of my tools and wheelbarrows for that type of work. Never been taken up on the offer yet, but this time I am sure I will be.

edwardfelcohands we could probably use you and your felco too!

Since you cant make the fundraiser you could certainly come out and join in one of the work days. I plan on being there for sure for a work day, since I have volunteered a lot of my tools and wheelbarrows for that type of work. Never been taken up on the offer yet, but this time I am sure I will be.

edwardfelcohands we could probably use you and your felco too!

If I am free I would be more than happy to help out. You can PM me with any details..

Glad to hear it's still there...I learned how to play on that course:)

Although, it's a shame that you didn't see it a few years back when the holes went deeper into the woods...a couple of my old favorite holes are gone now...still a nice little course though...

I always thought the greater Milwaukee area should have more courses....especially out in Waukesha....nice to see a course in the city though!

Waukesha does need some courses, unfortunately the county parks people dont seem to be for it. I knew I should have taken that county parks job back in the day I could have been the driving force behind getting courses in the awesome Waukesha County Parks!

Being a resident of Waukesha, I am also curious why there are no courses in Waukesha. While driving to Milwaukee, New Berlin, Mukwonago, Wales, or Sussex is not a big deal, a true HOME course would be awesome.

Can't wait to try out Estabrook this summer! :clap:

I'm excited for this new course as it's blocks from my work so I'll be there quite often. I've volunteered to help as well, even if only on my lunch hour.

The tees have been painted and the hole positions have been staked out for this course. Mark Peterson put two posts about this on the GLDC website. http://www.pdga.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=33777

I went out at lunch and played 3-6 and 15-17, seems like it should be short, technical and fun. It's set mainly in a moderately wooded park. Nothing like the tunnel shots you get at Brown Deer or Dretzka, but plenty of trees around that should make it challenging enough, especially for a hack like me. Plays along side the road so errant shots could easily hit cars. The window through the trees on #5 was very narrow. Can't wait for this one to open, a three minute drive from work. Might go out with some portable baskets later this week and play it again.

Also, Dretzka and Brown Deer open next Tuesday, the 27th, can't wait to have the full arsenal of courses back in the Milwaukee area!

Did a walk through of the entire course today. Yesterday I thought the tee for #6 was the pin for #5, so the opening isn't nearly as tight as I thought it was. Several of the holes have their baskets tucked into the woods - some shallow, some a bit deeper. 9-11 are set away from the other holes along a soccer field and back by the river. I liked those holes the best on the course though there's a long walk between 11 and 12. A few of the holes are probably in the 250-280 range for the long pin position but most are around 175-225, those are purely guesses. Every hole had two pin positions, some gave variery to the hole, others just made it a bit longer.

no baskets yet, a couple of workdays will be upcoming, teepads will not be poured initially either to make sure the layout is ok after it gets some play

I saw a sign at Mojo that said baskets should be in by Estabrook by May 1st. Not sure where Peter got that information, I forgot to ask him about it. They still have to drive the basket footers into the ground, not sure how long that takes. Mark Peterson mentions needing 160 pounds of concrete for each pin - and there's 36 pins - that just sounds time consuming so I think May 1st is a bit optimistic.

There's also a lot of trimming work that needs to be done.