• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MILWAUKEE TODAY LAKE 12:30PM!!!!

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
..FYI Milwaukee area disc golfers. We are gathering players with temp baskets to create a temp course at the lake today at 12:30 December 1st. We currently ave five baskets accounted for and are aiming for nine or more. Have done this once before and the park north of Alterra has some incredible space for a course. ALL WELCOME TODAY!!!

see you there!

vid of our initial course at the lake last month....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_i3IQR6Hc

It's not very often that I wish I still lived in Milwaukee....but that sounds like a LOT of fun! I always thought they should make a disc golf course on that little Lake Park Par 3 course right by UWM up there...actually, you could make the ball golf holes disc gtolf holes, it's so short.

Have fun and if you can, post some pics! I'd love to see where you guys play at...

Have lived all over this country and Milwaukee is still one of the best kept secrets in the whole US. 50 degrees in December by the lake? I'm outside now spraying hairspray into the air to speed up global warming!

I was there yesterday for a light day of work and could have come and brought a basket (and I could have given Trash a ride to the course....but not back since I was in Pewaukee). Bummer.

But, I do call BS on how great the weather is. :D Today is great.......but tomorrow???

PM Rain / Snow Showers High
41°F
Precip 50%
Wind: From NNW at 17 mph

Sunrise: 7:04 AM CT
Avg. High: 38°F
Sunset: 4:18 PM CT
Avg. Low: 24°F

A Job??? I think I may have had one at some point, but I can't really seem to remember anymore. I do recall my services no longer being needed before the whole line got screwed outta jobs. The worst thing is that we blindly trained our own replacements. Anyways, I need a ride & have a practice basket, lets go.

people starting to head down there around 12:30PM. no worries if you can't make it till later. It's a beautiful day (today) and we plan on using al the sunlight till it runs out. :)

Job? what's that? (nice to be a freelancer)

...incredible day on one of the best "courses" I have played in the Milwaukee area. :)

When will you have a page set up here for it. I want to read your review and see pictures and a map by the end of the evening! Sorry to have missed it. Next time you do something like this, 2 or so days notice is all I need. :)

yeah, it was a last minute thing today with the weather...BUT there is talk about doing something in the summer with tourneys and maybe a league down there. Hell, if the weather is 40+ and clear, again soon hopefully.

The video shot today is the hands of the true video creator of our Milwaukee crew. Looking at a very lengthy and amazing video in the works that includes tons of people, states, and courses played in '09.

I am sorry I had to work in my shop today. I think that may have been the last great day . . . I instead played the 9 at Dretzka twice at lunch . . . I would have rather hit up the lakefront but alas I could not.

I am getting a basket for sure by the end of the year, and although i wont be around much in January, there are always a few nice days in February and March before the snow is all gone.

When will you have a page set up here for it. I want to read your review and see pictures and a map by the end of the evening! Sorry to have missed it. Next time you do something like this, 2 or so days notice is all I need. :)

That is normally my job (well my OCD that makes me do it) to turn reviews around in short order . . . but I havent played it yet and I do not even know if they use the exact same placements everytime. There are no real tees, so it is not quite a course . . . it is still a temp course. I wouldn't put it on the site unless it was standardized. It is in a public park but the baskets are privately owned and will never be left in the ground so I am not sure it would be good to post it on this site, I will leave that to the founders.

What a great way to spend the day! Too bad my round was cut short due to a preplanned bike ride. Looking forward to playing it again. After Xmas Nate will have a basket to contribute, but don't tell him that. ;)

It was definitely a great afternoon, very much worth the 45 minute drive to go participate. And as everyone who was there agreed, the weather was absolutely awesome for this time of year. Welcome to the world of leopard tossers tomjulio!

With a couple of days notice, I will join in next time; and have a basket to contribute....albeit a home made one. (It catches about 85% true)...It's worth it for the history involved. One set of the original, plastic chains, from Plamann Park. Second set, of metal chains added later. Give me a bit of notice, or p.m. me, Mr. Julio, and I will definitely make a journey down for the next adventure.

Latest posts