• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Clipboards?

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Where can I find mini clipboards for scorecards? I want to get them in bulk and preferably plastic in fluorescent colors. I have a way of customizing them so I thought that would be a unique item for the players pack. 4x6 seems to be the right size...

-Dave

Last edited:
Where can I find mini clipboards for scorecards? I want to get them in bulk and preferably plastic in fluorescent colors. I have a way of customizing them so I thought that would be a unique item for the players pack. 4x6 seems to be the right size...

-Dave

Staples.
But shouldn't this be in the Bags / Carts.. or Other Equip.. section(s)?

Staples.
But shouldn't this be in the Bags / Carts.. or Other Equip.. section(s)?

I have no idea where this should go...it's for a tournament.

I wouldn't be the least bit offended if a mod wants to move this thread elsewhere.

Pretty sure after searching the Staples site they do not have what I am looking for. Do you have a link?

Amazon has a large assortment of mini clipboards with bulk pricing less than $1 apiece.

Amazon has a large assortment of mini clipboards with bulk pricing less than $1 apiece.

So I know I didn't say this originally...but it would be nice to get them all the same color. All I can find are these assorted color packs. I guarantee some neanderthal is going to say, "OMG I HATE PINK WHY MY CLIPBOARD PINK ME WANT BLUE."

Scorecards are either 8 1/2" or 11" inches long so 9" isn't necessarily too long for a board. However, I assume players fold the card in half for scoring on a board just 6" long and agree that size may work better for sticking in a bag.

Scorecards are either 8 1/2" or 11" inches long so 9" isn't necessarily too long for a board. However, I assume players fold the card in half for scoring on a board just 6" long and agree that size may work better for sticking in a bag.

Yep that was exactly my thinking. I use a cart so finding a spot in my cart for a 4x9 woudn't be a big deal but I can see how that might be a bit annoying for a shoulder bag or backpack.

So I know I didn't say this originally...but it would be nice to get them all the same color. All I can find are these assorted color packs. I guarantee some neanderthal is going to say, "OMG I HATE PINK WHY MY CLIPBOARD PINK ME WANT BLUE."
I like the idea of a mini clipboard as part of the pack... useful and a bit different. :thumbup:

Stress over the color(s) if you feel you must, but you do realize that no matter how many people you please, someone will find something to bitch about. Seems just as likely someone will complain that you didn't offer any choice of colors.
"My whole bag is insert color here. What am I supposed to do with a blue clipboard?" :(

Last edited:
I like the idea of a mini clipboard as part of the pack... useful and a bit different. Stress over the color(s) if you feel you must, but keep in mind no matter how many people you please, someone will find something to bitch about.

Just as likely someone complains that you didn't offer any choice of colors.

Quote:
"My whole bag is insert color here. What am I supposed to do with a F#$@#*%g blue clipboard?"

FTFY

Nailed it.

I like the idea of a mini clipboard as part of the pack... useful and a bit different. :thumbup:

Stress over the color(s) if you feel you must, but you do realize that no matter how many people you please, someone will find something to bitch about. Seems just as likely someone will complain that you didn't offer any choice of colors.

Haha this is true however I have found that if everyone gets the same thing the whining is reduced.

You mean like this https://www.dynamicdiscs.com/Dynamic-Discs-Scorecard-Clipboard-p/4558.htm You might be able to score a better deal wholesale. I think MVP has had them in the past.

Exactly like that but with no logo on it. I have a cheap and easy way of getting the plastic engraved which is why I want it blank. And I want to take it a step further by having the players names etched on it as well - which is the main reason for the single color. I just think that'd be super cool.

-Dave

Make sure they are not poor quality. I have gotten a few super cheap clipboards in player packs that broke during the first round I used them. Usually the clips break off or lose springs and they become instantly useless. Look for boards with "flat clips".

I do like to get clip boards in player packs to replace the broken clip boards I got from other player packs. I don't care what color they are or if they have special event graphics.

The wooden and metal clip boards my club owns have been around since before 2004. They have lasted over 15 years. The clipboards are more likely to be lost or not returned by players, rather than broken. We buy the replacements with "flat clips" so they store better than the traditional raised clip. They take up less room in the bag and while in storage.

YMMV

I always thought it would be cool to find or create a 21 cm circular clipboard so it could fit in your bag just like a disc. But I haven't seen anything like that yet.

You know - that would not be hard to create. You can get just the clips and buy acrylic sheets. The key is having a way to cut the sheets into circles. The local community college has a lab open to the public with laser cutters that can cut acrylic very nicely and engrave it with any graphic you can dream up.

Hmmmmmmm...I see a fundraiser opportunity for my club...

You know - that would not be hard to create. You can get just the clips and buy acrylic sheets. The key is having a way to cut the sheets into circles. The local community college has a lab open to the public with laser cutters that can cut acrylic very nicely and engrave it with any graphic you can dream up.

Hmmmmmmm...I see a fundraiser opportunity for my club...
I've seen some finished wooden and plastic/acrylic disks out there that would only need the clips added and the engraving you want to add. Unlikely they were exactly 21 cm although that is close to 8" which might be common.

I always thought it would be cool to find or create a 21 cm circular clipboard so it could fit in your bag just like a disc. But I haven't seen anything like that yet.

I have seen a guy that just installed the clip part on the back of an old DX disc. Fit right in his bag, he obviously kept score all day long.

Make sure they are not poor quality. I have gotten a few super cheap clipboards in player packs that broke during the first round I used them. Usually the clips break off or lose springs and they become instantly useless. Look for boards with "flat clips".

I do like to get clip boards in player packs to replace the broken clip boards I got from other player packs. I don't care what color they are or if they have special event graphics.

The wooden and metal clip boards my club owns have been around since before 2004. They have lasted over 15 years. The clipboards are more likely to be lost or not returned by players, rather than broken. We buy the replacements with "flat clips" so they store better than the traditional raised clip. They take up less room in the bag and while in storage.

YMMV

Yup. Clipboards are indeed a cool player pack idea. I have gotten a couple crappy ones, and nobody needs crap in a players pack.

The issue I have with the decent quality one I use now is there are two pressure points on the clip. Each on either end of the clip, instead of a solid line of pressure to hold a card. Seems like a small whine, but some scorecards, including the erasable cards from Discraft, are not wide enough to fit across both pressure points.

The board should fit into a Ziploc sandwich bag or quart baggie for rain rounds. Maybe not length...but width.