• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Clipboards?

I've also had a bit of a problem with that style clipboard in the past(usually it was at Mt Airy league nights where they just have skinny printer paper scorecards). After searching thru a rummage drawer, I found a small rectangular pencil eraser. I cut a slit in one side and slid it over the middle part of the clip. It took care of the problem and you also have an eraser which comes in handy sometimes with all the golf pencils we wind up using.:thmbup:

I've been pencil-whipped before. I don't trust someone that carries an eraser with their scorecard. That's why I keep my own card with the scores of everyone in my group. Never again.

These are exactly the clips I was complaining about. I don't like these at all. The only pressure points holding the scorecard are the two outside ends. Some scorecards are not wide enough to reach both points.

That was just a cheap example. My own personal Swirly ESP Rattler clipboard (previously a Glo CT Challenger) uses a pilot's pen clip. Thing is, you have to glue them, so it wouldn't be as appealing for a players pack, where even the uncraftiest of players could whip one together on the spot with a pen and rock.

Just rough up the surface, and epoxy or gorilla glue it. Slips easily into the bag, and with a lid like the Rattler, when someone asks to see the scorecard you can toss it to them.

8773_4.jpg

I've been pencil-whipped before. I don't trust someone that carries an eraser with their scorecard. That's why I keep my own card with the scores of everyone in my group. Never again.
Pencil whipping can occur without erasers. In fact, I'd argue the best whippers write the wrong score on the card in the first place,because eraser marks and corrections tend to get more scrutiny.

You can still keep your own score to ensure you don't get hosed. Someone having an eraser has nothing to with that.

We had a guy around St. Louis who made the mini clipboard for the STLO one year.
I think he bought the 4"x9", cut them down on a chop saw and rounded the corners with a disc sander.
Quite a bit of effort, but they fit right inside a Wizard (or any other putter).
He's on FB and still works in promo materials. I can put you in touch if you like, just send me a message.

That was just a cheap example. My own personal Swirly ESP Rattler clipboard (previously a Glo CT Challenger) uses a pilot's pen clip. Thing is, you have to glue them, so it wouldn't be as appealing for a players pack, where even the uncraftiest of players could whip one together on the spot with a pen and rock.

Just rough up the surface, and epoxy or gorilla glue it. Slips easily into the bag, and with a lid like the Rattler, when someone asks to see the scorecard you can toss it to them.

F. Howl gets stroked for a practice throw when handing off the scorecard

:D

F. Howl gets stroked for a practice throw when handing off the scorecard

:D

Haha, maybe a couple years ago, but now as long as they're no more than 5 meters away, I'm good:

809.03 Practice Throw
Last updated: Monday, December 31, 2018 - 12:42
  • A practice throw is any throw that is not made as a competitive attempt to change the lie, except for a throw that is made either to set aside an unused disc or to return a disc to a player and that travels less than five meters in the air.

Latest posts