• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini Clipboards?

Yup. Clipboards are indeed a cool player pack idea. I have gotten a couple crappy ones, and nobody needs crap in a players pack.

The issue I have with the decent quality one I use now is there are two pressure points on the clip. Each on either end of the clip, instead of a solid line of pressure to hold a card. Seems like a small whine, but some scorecards, including the erasable cards from Discraft, are not wide enough to fit across both pressure points.

The board should fit into a Ziploc sandwich bag or quart baggie for rain rounds. Maybe not length...but width.
scorecard holder (1)-vert.jpg

I'm not sure where they got this but this is the best score card holder I've had. It's rain proof and shaped like a slightly bigger scorecard.
It works too. :)

Top picture shows it closed, bottom shows it open.

I get mine from Jeff Gradinger of dgNOMAD. He has the ability to customize them, but I would still contact him if you really only want blanks.

20645411_1096405470492078_5984973809553225044_o.jpg

20689915_1096405583825400_6328069506582376005_o.jpg

Jeff's contact:

info at dgnomad dot com

So I know I didn't say this originally...but it would be nice to get them all the same color. All I can find are these assorted color packs. I guarantee some neanderthal is going to say, "OMG I HATE PINK WHY MY CLIPBOARD PINK ME WANT BLUE."

Isn't that the benefit of coming early to registration? "Best Disc/player packs choices to those that come early!!" put it on your flyer and don't worry about assorted colors.

Isn't that the benefit of coming early to registration? "Best Disc/player packs choices to those that come early!!" put it on your flyer and don't worry about assorted colors.

That is a nice way to take care of someone driving 2 to 3 hours the morning of the tournament. :(

That is a nice way to take care of someone driving 2 to 3 hours the morning of the tournament. :(

I mean you're spending all that time driving just like when I TD a tourney I often spend hours the day before cleaning up the course, printing score cards, player cards, taking all these last minute registrations, picking up water loading up the car, etc. Heck, there's usually so much work prior to a tourney I end up burning up a vacation day so I can get it all done. And by the way - I make nothing. All the money goes right back into the club or event.

So yeah, first come first serve. Deal with it.

Even driving a few hours you can be there when registration opens up. And if it's on the flyer you are telling player and they can make their own decisions on getting there early for better choice disc is worth it. I have driven hours to get to tournaments and i know if i'm getting there just before players meeting my options for players pack may be limited to what is left.

I don't know about events you may run but we don't buy enough stamped discs to let every player have every option. We tend to buy 3 molds 25 each 1st come 1st served on choices. Whatever pros are signed up wind up leaving extra discs for the club store and CTPS.

Last edited:

Are you really suggesting that a TD provide every option to each player no matter when they come to sign in? That is just unrealistic. You would wind up with too much left over items.

Where can I find mini clipboards for scorecards? I want to get them in bulk and preferably plastic in fluorescent colors. I have a way of customizing them so I thought that would be a unique item for the players pack. 4x6 seems to be the right size...

-Dave

Maybe I missed the bit about how you plan to customize them, but if it's a sticker you can just bundle that with one of these, that come out to a buck a piece including rivets:
71USONcYQuL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Anyone can find a makeshift awl to perforate the flight plate and rivet together their own clipboard.

10985388_867363259967548_1390431409104070296_n.jpg

Are you really suggesting that a TD provide every option to each player no matter when they come to sign in? That is just unrealistic. You would wind up with too much left over items.

No I am suggesting the TD limit the offering to reduce their headache. Not starting a free for all first man wins.

TD already have enough to do rather than to cater to each disc golfer player pack wishes. A majority of the larger tournaments I attend, I am just given a bag with no choices. Which I am perfectly happy with. Its on me to exchange with fellow disc golfer if I so choose.

Even driving a few hours you can be there when registration opens up. And if it's on the flyer you are telling player and they can make their own decisions on getting there early for better choice disc is worth it. I have driven hours to get to tournaments and i know if i'm getting there just before players meeting my options for players pack may be limited to what is left.

It would be much easier to just order anything you want online outside of a tournament and get exactly what you want, but hey that just me. It much better than to waking up at 4am and be dead by the second round to get a $15 disc that you want.

I don't know about events you may run but we don't buy enough stamped discs to let every player have every option. We tend to buy 3 molds 25 each 1st come 1st served on choices. Whatever pros are signed up wind up leaving extra discs for the club store and CTPS.

I clearly don't have the patience to deal with disc golfer and their needs. And I am very thankful for those that do.

Sorry my short non descriptive original answer blew up the thread and took it off topic.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed the bit about how you plan to customize them, but if it's a sticker you can just bundle that with one of these, that come out to a buck a piece including rivets:
71USONcYQuL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Anyone can find a makeshift awl to perforate the flight plate and rivet together their own clipboard.

10985388_867363259967548_1390431409104070296_n.jpg

These are exactly the clips I was complaining about. I don't like these at all. The only pressure points holding the scorecard are the two outside ends. Some scorecards are not wide enough to reach both points.

These are exactly the clips I was complaining about. I don't like these at all. The only pressure points holding the scorecard are the two outside ends. Some scorecards are not wide enough to reach both points.

Those black plastic grips seem pretty close together to me...maybe a couple of inches? But if you say you've had a score cards narrow enough to fit between them, I believe you.

Possible options:
1) place the card under only one of them.
2) cut them completely off.
3) These clips don't have them: https://www.amazon.com/H812-Nickel-Mini-Clipboard-Clips/dp/B00DSTJ5EW

Last edited:
I've also had a bit of a problem with that style clipboard in the past(usually it was at Mt Airy league nights where they just have skinny printer paper scorecards). After searching thru a rummage drawer, I found a small rectangular pencil eraser. I cut a slit in one side and slid it over the middle part of the clip. It took care of the problem and you also have an eraser which comes in handy sometimes with all the golf pencils we wind up using.:thmbup: