• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini WISCONSIN DG trip????

adoubleudisc

Bogey Member
I am driving from Appleton to Fort Atkinson tomorrow for a bachelor party and I plan on playing a few courses on the way. Does anyone have any thoughts on must play courses or ones to avoid? I hope to hit 3 or maybe 4 of the following. I haven't played any of these courses so any input at all would be great. I am skipping most of the appleton courses since I have previously played them

Plamann Park (Appleton) - I have been wanting to play this for awhile, so this is a for sure thing. This will be my first course.

O'Hauser (Menasha) - This will probably be skipped, since I live close and can play easily another day.

Winnebago County Park (Oshkosh) or Red Arrow Park (Oshkosh) - NOT SURE WHICH ONE TO PLAY? Will only play one of these, any thoughts?

Rock River DGC (Watertown) - I plan on playing this one since it will break up the trip pretty well. What do people think about this course?

Thanks in advance

Hmm...with the Oshkosh courses, it's kind of a crapshoot, but I think most people would steer you towards Winnebago County. Red Arrow is a dump (actually, there's landfill mound on the course!), and last time I played there was poor signage, bent or missing baskets...Winnebago from what I heard is still only 15 or 16 holes, and it's been like this for a while. I don't know if they can't secure funds for the extra 2/3 holes or if they've just hit a bureaucratic barrier.

Watertown is a pretty fun/good course. Make sure you print out a map (there is a link on this site) as there are some transitions that will get you lost. The back nine holes are new and a few of the wooded ones are pretty rough - great potential to be great holes though.