• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

Bought a blue Apex and love it, parked my very first throw with it.

ZJ will you be bringing out more Sublime colors for the next run? Gray/silver, orange, and pink would all pop in Sublime, and still be visible most of the year.

Bought a blue Apex and love it, parked my very first throw with it.

ZJ will you be bringing out more Sublime colors for the next run? Gray/silver, orange, and pink would all pop in Sublime, and still be visible most of the year.

Awesome to hear! It is a straight up basket hunter. Its surpassed our expectations in how accurate it is.

Yes our goal is completely different colors in Sublime and really across all plastics. We'll do our best but can't commit to that actually happening. We want each run to be unique and a little different from the last in terms of stamps and colors. Especially while we are still small enough to somewhat control and cater to that. The the more meaning we can give to each Serial # the better for us and our fans.

:D:D this color paired nicely with my seasoned blue eternal. i threw them a lot this weekend.

Attachments

• 18952850_10154725211312794_8047649987398312869_n.jpg
    18952850_10154725211312794_8047649987398312869_n.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 118
:D:D this color paired nicely with my seasoned blue eternal. i threw them a lot this weekend.

They turned out pretty good. Orange Eternal is definitely my favorite color right now. It has the "true" Alpha flight we based the numbers on.

Daaaaamn, Boot! That's a sweet stamp. I would love to see MINT get more CFR love. I'm hoping to convince a friend of mine who TDs a ton of events to use MINT for a league disc or something. Most of his 7 summer B-Tier tourneys are DGA sponsored, so prolly not a lot of chance there, but I let him throw my Sublime Alpha and he really dug it. I'm hoping he'll do a CFR if not even stock some in his shop once more runs are produced.

Daaaaamn, Boot! That's a sweet stamp. I would love to see MINT get more CFR love. I'm hoping to convince a friend of mine who TDs a ton of events to use MINT for a league disc or something. Most of his 7 summer B-Tier tourneys are DGA sponsored, so prolly not a lot of chance there, but I let him throw my Sublime Alpha and he really dug it. I'm hoping he'll do a CFR if not even stock some in his shop once more runs are produced.

We'll be doing a lot more as we expand. We've kept things pretty focused on Austin and other parts of Texas. I used to do all the old Disc Nation limited edition stamping so I have a pretty good understanding of what is possible. Also pretty lucky to have ZAM as a friend that digs what we are doing. He hit it out the park with this stamp, especially for those that know the owner of Moodys DGC. Definitely open to any tournaments assuming the logistics line up. Feel free to pass along my email: [email protected]

love love love my alphas. my blue eternal that ive been throwing for 2 months or so has developed more turn recently without having to force it over and its just become even better. i use it a lot now,so much that i had friends go buy blue eternals because the liked the kind of shots i was getting with mine. i recenly picked up a few orange eternals and it compliements my blue so well. a bit more stability when new compared to the blue eternals but its just the right amount of stability and glide that i can still use it for multiple shots. i feel like i could play an entire round with just my alphas and putter,very easy to range and throw . im still holding out for a nice sublime color or a gold sublime but for now these 2 are my work horses.

love love love my alphas. my blue eternal that ive been throwing for 2 months or so has developed more turn recently without having to force it over and its just become even better. i use it a lot now,so much that i had friends go buy blue eternals because the liked the kind of shots i was getting with mine. i recenly picked up a few orange eternals and it compliements my blue so well. a bit more stability when new compared to the blue eternals but its just the right amount of stability and glide that i can still use it for multiple shots. i feel like i could play an entire round with just my alphas and putter,very easy to range and throw . im still holding out for a nice sublime color or a gold sublime but for now these 2 are my work horses.

Friendly internet advice. If Booter is onto a disc before everyone else...It is probably really good. I say that as ZJ, not MINT. :hfive:

My mint green Sublime is goorrrrgeous. One of the sexiest looking discs I own. I use it quite a bit in place of where I used to throw CD2s, but I'm still kind of on the fence with switching over entirely from CD2s to Alphas. I think I need to get a few more Alphas and season some in so I can really cover the same shots as the CD2s and make the switch complete.

Anyway, yes, Booter, you need a Sublime. They look and feel phenomenal and the green run, according to ZJ, are some of the straightest/most neutral. Love it.

Friendly internet advice. If Booter is onto a disc before everyone else...It is probably really good. I say that as ZJ, not MINT. :hfive:

This is a fair statement. At one point discspeed had that kind of cachet too.

Last I talked to him over PM he had moved to MI and no longer had access to discs like he did in FL. I always valued his opinion years ago when he was active here and on DGR. He's why I tried a ton of molds, including a few that have been part of my core for years.

i actually should have bought more blues at moodys. its been kind of weird throwing not one but 2 blue discs in my bag after all these years of completely avoiding the color. my ocd hates me but i do not hate the blue eternal alphas

I have white 175 apex's, 174 orange eternals and 170 mint green sublimes. I think I have the full flight spectrum haha. Mint made Throwing Great Again.

After several months of procrastination I just ordered a Pink Eternal and Blue Apex. Looking forward to their arrival later this week. (Purchase is 100% attributable to Booter's reviews in this thread)

i actually should have bought more blues at moodys. its been kind of weird throwing not one but 2 blue discs in my bag after all these years of completely avoiding the color. my ocd hates me but i do not hate the blue eternal alphas

Yeah I don't normally throw blue or blue-green, but right now those colors are the best for dead straight. Insanely good flight and so far they are holding their sweet spots.

We are pretty pumped to see which colors become the go-to for run 2(still a little bit out).

How similar is alpha compared to MVP's volt?
Comparing electron and plasma volt to blue eternal and white apex alphas?

I can not compare to the E or Plasma but I can tell you for me I have an easier time generating distance with my Blue Eternal Alpha than from a fresh Fission Volt. I may have had a freak Volt though as it was stupid OS for me.
For me the closest comparison for my Alpha would be a fresh lucid Escape with just a hair more HSS. Sneaky long, great feel, very little wiggle in the flight without being hard to throw as a fairly new player.